Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Watched Dayton at Rhode Island

Started by hogwood, February 10, 2017, 09:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 01:10:05 pm
So your saying there are no exceptions? I do believe there are exceptions to most junk people can come up with. Question, what is our record this year and what was our record last year since we like to dwell in the past so much? Is there not a clear cut improvement already? I digress...and I dropped the mic... ;D. Have a nice day sir or mam whichever one it is... ;D

Your 'expectations' appear to only exist in a vacuum. You're late to the party. After nearly six seasons, the majority here have clearly expressed openly and often that the results have yet to meet expectations. Future recruiting classes look similar to past recruiting classes. Next season's team deficiencies are easy to project. The staff and style if play aren't going to undertake any dramatic changes.

Cherry-picking your comparisons is easy. Embracing hard truths isn't. You can continue to ignore and combat repetitive disappointment as much as you like, or at least until the mods tire of it. Perhaps you enjoy supporting a perennial bubble team. If so, congratulations. That's what we have.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 10:05:08 am
The only thing that is much more impressive is the conference record. And don't forget what conference he coaches in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Miller_(basketball)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Anderson_(basketball)

The conference? Atlantic 10 is a good conference!
Secondly, Mike "NIT" Anderson is 61 and is stubborn and won't change his ways. Archie Miller is only 38 years old! This Archie Miller guy is the perfect fit at Arkansas in many ways. He coaches a up and down the court philosophy with grinder defense. (Similiar system to what Calipari runs). He is the younger brother of Arizona coach Sean Miller and was his lead recruiter at Arizona. That's recruiting the west coast. He also knows that Ohio area really strong too. In his 6 years at Dayton he will go yo 4 NCAAT including an elite eight. Bring in Archie and lets move forward to the future. Im sick of this 40 minutes of puke :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 13, 2017, 02:54:07 pm
Your 'expectations' appear to only exist in a vacuum. You're late to the party. After nearly six seasons, the majority here have clearly expressed openly and often that the results have yet to meet expectations. Future recruiting classes look similar to past recruiting classes. Next season's team deficiencies are easy to project. The staff and style if play aren't going to undertake any dramatic changes.

Cherry-picking your comparisons is easy. Embracing hard truths isn't. You can continue to ignore and combat repetitive disappointment as much as you like, or at least until the mods tire of it. Perhaps you enjoy supporting a perennial bubble team. If so, congratulations. That's what we have.
So the 27 wins we had in 2014-2015 wasn't a good season? Just wondering how realistic your expectations really are? And like I said I believe 2015-2016 was just one of those perfect storms where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

BTW you made the comparison earlier about repeating the past. I'm sure me, you and plenty others on hogville have done plenty of things in the past that we haven't repeated. Just because you've done something in the past doesn't mean your going to do it again. Just saying...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 13, 2017, 03:12:15 pm
The conference? Atlantic 10 is a good conference!
Secondly, Mike "NIT" Anderson is 61 and is stubborn and won't change his ways. Archie Miller is only 38 years old! This Archie Miller guy is the perfect fit at Arkansas in many ways. He coaches a up and down the court philosophy with grinder defense. (Similiar system to what Calipari runs). He is the younger brother of Arizona coach Sean Miller and was his lead recruiter at Arizona. That's recruiting the west coast. He also knows that Ohio area really strong too. In his 6 years at Dayton he will go yo 4 NCAAT including an elite eight. Bring in Archie and lets move forward to the future. Im sick of this 40 minutes of puke :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
1. Mike is 57 not 61.
2. The A10 is very top heavy every year. Only a few teams have a realistic chance at winning that conference.
3. You have your opinion and I have mind. I'll respect yours if you respect mines.
4. Just because they aren't the same doesn't make either one of them right or wrong. Opinions are exactly that.

Have a nice day... ;D

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:15:03 pm
So the 27 wins we had in 2014-2015 wasn't a good season? Just wondering how realistic your expectations really are? And like I said I believe 2015-2016 was just one of those perfect storms where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

BTW you made the comparison earlier about repeating the past. I'm sure me, you and plenty others on hogville have done plenty of things in the past that you haven't repeated. Just because you've done something in the past doesn't mean your going to do it again. Just saying...

When any honest Razorback basketball fan reminisces to the days of Eddie or Nolan, who truly remembers and points to the actual # of wins we had for any one season?

No one.

It all comes down to how many conference titles you win and where you finish in the Dance: title game appearances, Final Fours, Elite Eights, Sweet 16s. Any true fan of each era, Nolan's and/or Eddie's, can point to the individual years and what level of advancement of the Dance. No one cares about the # of wins.

The '92-93 team made it to the Sweet 16. Most know that, immediately. How many wins that year? Just 22. Big whoop. The 1995-96 team went to the Sweet 16, but only had 20 wins. No one cares about win totals. The fact that "27 wins" is the only ammo one can muster, after 5+ seasons, says everything.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 13, 2017, 03:30:12 pm
When any honest Razorback basketball fan reminisces to the days of Eddie or Nolan, who truly remembers and points to the actual # of wins we had for any one season?

No one.

It all comes down to how many conference titles you win and where you finish in the Dance: title game appearances, Final Fours, Elite Eights, Sweet 16s. Any true fan of each era, Nolan's and/or Eddie's, can point to the individual years and what level of advancement of the Dance. No one cares about the # of wins.

The '92-93 team made it to the Sweet 16. Most know that, immediately. How many wins that year? Just 22. Big whoop. The 1995-96 team went to the Sweet 16, but only had 20 wins. No one cares about win totals. The fact that "27 wins" is the only ammo one can muster, after 5+ seasons, says everything.
There is no comparison. Once he's been here longer than any of them we can talk. Until then, nothing to talk about. Hard for some to understand how many more good basketball players there are today compared to the 70's, 80's, and even the 90's for that matter. But I'm guessing some will never get it. Too busy looking for ways to complain and criticize.

Parity in college basketball and college football is at an all time high. Any college sport for that matter. The difference between winning and losing is usually pretty slim.

dsims2k3

Our fan base has become unrealistic with expectations.
It wasn't  not long ago that  everyone  decided that support for the basketball program  was going to be the sacrificial lamb in order for the football program to seriously compete for an SEC  Championship. Because  like the rest of the league minus UK we are a "Football School". Now all of a sudden, guys want to be fed up with a program they hardly supported until late into the season anyway.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 13, 2017, 04:07:49 pm
It wasn't  not long ago that  everyone  decided that support for the basketball program  was going to be the sacrificial lamb in order for the football program to seriously compete for an SEC  Championship. Because  like the rest of the league minus UK we are a "Football School". Now all of a sudden, guys want to be fed up with a program they hardly supported until late into the season anyway.

I guess I missed that meeting, or reading about it in the papers. 

Or maybe it didn't happen. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 13, 2017, 04:12:30 pm
I guess I missed that meeting, or reading about it in the papers. 

Or maybe it didn't happen.

I certainly  remember  the discussion that  most fans would choose attending football games over basketball games for various reasons.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Atlhogfan1

Again with the jealousy over the football program. 

If sacrificing the basketball program made our football program good enough to annually compete for an SEC Championship, I would be for dropping the basketball program immediately.  It won't of course.  The money spent on facilities did get invested in other areas for a while other than basketball.  Track, tennis, women's building, football, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, horse jumping?...  Basketball did get left out for a long time.  But you got your practice center.  For a sport with declining interest and little achievement and one providing a smaller % of the athletic revenue than it once did.  Football is where the money is made.  College football has a much broader appeal than college basketball does now.  We are going to invest in it to be as competitive as we can. 

You are trying to deflect blame again. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Biggus Piggus

It wasn't  not long ago that  everyone  decided that support for the basketball program  was going to be the sacrificial lamb in order for the football program to seriously compete for an SEC  Championship.

What horseshit.
[CENSORED]!

Kevin

where is the wyatt earp of troll monitoring
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WilsonHog

Perception.

I started following Razorback basketball when we went 26-2 in 1976-77, and I have ever since. Did Eddie Sutton make consistent deep runs in the tournament? No. He had a Final Four with maybe a couple of Sweet Sixteens or an Elite Eight thrown in, but there were a lot of first and second round exits. It didn't much matter, though, because the perception was that we were a Top 20 program worth following, worth paying attention to.

Same thing holds true with Nolan's time, after his first couple of years. Not always a Final Four or an Elite Eight, but again the perception was that we had a Top 10 to 20 program worth following.

If we don't go to the NCAAs this year, what will be the state-wide and national perception of our program, after six seasons with Mike Anderson in charge of it?

The one word that comes to my mind is "disappointment."

dsims2k3

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 13, 2017, 04:23:43 pm
Again with the jealousy over the football program. 

If sacrificing the basketball program made our football program good enough to annually compete for an SEC Championship, I would be for dropping the basketball program immediately.  It won't of course.  The money spent on facilities did get invested in other areas for a while other than basketball.  Track, tennis, women's building, football, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, horse jumping?...  Basketball did get left out for a long time.  But you got your practice center.  For a sport with declining interest and little achievement and one providing a smaller % of the athletic revenue than it once did.  Football is where the money is made.  College football has a much broader appeal than college basketball does now.  We are going to invest in it to be as competitive as we can. 

You are trying to deflect blame again.

Nope it is  the truth. No need for selective amnesia. There was a huge debate about whether  the program "deserved" the practice building. That practice facility is only 3 years old and they  are  making accomplishments that have been done in decades with the road wins.  Since 2014-2015 , they are 61-32 over the past 93 games.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 13, 2017, 04:45:03 pm
Nope it is  the truth. No need for selective amnesia. There was a huge debate about whether  the program "deserved" the practice building. That practice facility is only 3 years old and they  are  making accomplishments that have been done in decades with the road wins.  Since 2014-2015 , they are 61-32 over the past 93 games.

No debate, more crap from you. All they had to do was fit it into the capital budget and schedule, and it had to wait its turn. Sheesh. Quit making up darn. Just because you had an argument with somebody on Hogville doesn't make it significant.
[CENSORED]!

Hog-Corleone

FYI, A10 vs SEC bids, past 5 years...

SEC   A-10
2016     3     5
2015     5     3
2014     3     6
2013     3     5
2012     4     4
Total    18     21

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

jabber71

Quote from: hogwood on February 10, 2017, 09:38:59 pm
Packed house at RI, loud and active crowd. Couldn't hear the announcers on TV. Amazing play making down the stretch by both teams. Really competitive game and I was really impressed by the players and their athleticism/abilities. I mean I know RI has 2 top 100 kids but wow these are 3/2 stars - even unranked kids? I've been watching too much Arkansas basketball. We'd be in 5th place in the A10 too! Our road wins were just wins we stumbled into compared to that effort by Dayton."
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

jabber71

How many people makes a packed house for RI ? "Ryan Center is a 7,657-seat multi-purpose arena in Kingston, Rhode Island. The arena opened as a replacement for Keaney Gymnasium, which was built in 1953 for the needs of a much smaller student population at URI." Our 1/2 full crowed tops RI's packer house by 2k

You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on February 13, 2017, 04:54:47 pm
FYI, A10 vs SEC bids, past 5 years...

SEC   A-10
2016     3     5
2015     5     3
2014     3     6
2013     3     5
2012     4     4
Total    18     21

Youngsta is ignoring facts and just giving you his opinion that his hero (MA) is just better than Archie Miller

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jabber71 on February 13, 2017, 05:10:54 pm
How many people makes a packed house for RI ? "Ryan Center is a 7,657-seat multi-purpose arena in Kingston, Rhode Island. The arena opened as a replacement for Keaney Gymnasium, which was built in 1953 for the needs of a much smaller student population at URI." Our 1/2 full crowed tops RI's packer house by 2k

Close to what we have been averaging.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgAdvocate

February 13, 2017, 05:40:16 pm #70 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:51:23 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:34:07 pm
There is no comparison. Once he's been here longer than any of them we can talk. Until then, nothing to talk about. Hard for some to understand how many more good basketball players there are today compared to the 70's, 80's, and even the 90's for that matter. But I'm guessing some will never get it. Too busy looking for ways to complain and criticize.

Parity in college basketball and college football is at an all time high. Any college sport for that matter. The difference between winning and losing is usually pretty slim.

Of course there's 'no comparison.' That's the point we're all making to you. Coach A doesn't hold a candle to Nolan or Eddie. Coach A doesn't deserve "to be here longer" so as to one day you can pray to make a comparison. You talk about expectations. That's how we gauge success at Arkansas, by those who came and coached before. Just 'winning 27 games' and squeaking by Wofford, both in just one season, doesn't overcome 4+ seasons worth of mediocrity, bad scheduling, lots of roster turnover, and disappointment. You provide no conclusive evidence as to why the future will be vastly different. The recruiting classes are on par with previous years. It's the same coaching staff. Same arena.

If parity in college basketball is at an all time high, why is that Florida and Kentucky continue to rise to the top of the SEC over and over and over again? Hell, Kentucky replaces their roster nearly every season. Florida has changed coaches, and they're doing just fine. Excuses are signs of weakness.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 13, 2017, 04:45:03 pm

Let's hang a banner for these 'road win' accomplishments! Clearly we have little other reason to celebrate.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 13, 2017, 04:39:40 pm
Perception.

I started following Razorback basketball when we went 26-2 in 1976-77, and I have ever since. Did Eddie Sutton make consistent deep runs in the tournament? No. He had a Final Four with maybe a couple of Sweet Sixteens or an Elite Eight thrown in, but there were a lot of first and second round exits. It didn't much matter, though, because the perception was that we were a Top 20 program worth following, worth paying attention to.

Same thing holds true with Nolan's time, after his first couple of years. Not always a Final Four or an Elite Eight, but again the perception was that we had a Top 10 to 20 program worth following.

If we don't go to the NCAAs this year, what will be the state-wide and national perception of our program, after six seasons with Mike Anderson in charge of it?

The one word that comes to my mind is "disappointment."

Hard to argue against that.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 13, 2017, 05:50:17 pm
Let's hang a banner for these 'road win' accomplishments! Clearly we have little other reason to celebrate.

You have to start somewhere. Seems like people were claiming our system didn't work on the road only a couple of seasons ago.

HogBreath

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 04:24:42 pm
What horseshit.
Dsims is the same guy who went on & on about how  Miss. State was really, really good after they derailed the fast 40.

They're now 5-7 in the rugged SEC.  lol
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 13, 2017, 06:25:43 pm
You have to start somewhere. Seems like people were claiming our system didn't work on the road only a couple of seasons ago.

We've lost by 14, 26, 28 and to at the time a team who had not won a game against anyone for two months.  Little "accomplishments" overblown as usual.  It's gone from terrible, horrible, unacceptable,  whatever word for complete crap you want to use to better than that. 

TNhawgfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 13, 2017, 03:30:12 pm

No one.

Great points HA. It's exactly what I was thinking but wasn't literate enough to say
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

bkjbearcat

I'd take Miller. Might open up Ohio for the Hogs. Find some diamonds in the rough.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:34:07 pm

Someone needs to put this character on read only

Knot2brite

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 13, 2017, 08:41:54 pm
Someone needs to put this character on read only
Now I don't agree with Youngsta's opinions on MA at all. But i don't think he needs to be banned or put on read only. He is adamant in his defense of MA but so far he has been mostly civil and has been for the most part not one to stoop to vulgarities. I think he is wrong but arguments are what makes message boards work
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogwood

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 10:09:29 am
So your trying to convince me that the A10 is some kind of powerhouse basketball conference now? The SEC has been down a couple or few years but that doesn't automatically make the A10 a powerhouse. I watch march madness every year and have been since is was old enough to know what I was watching. You can throw that bull at someone who doesn't pay attention to college basketball. No doubt Dayton has been a good team in their respective conference but don't try to convince me that they have conquered the college basketball world.

You also have a knack for misinterpretation. Where was I trying to convince you of any of this crap? Lol. I said the A10 has been just as good as the SEC the last 5 years or so. Now unless you think the SEC is "some kind of powerhouse" then I'm not sure how you could think I was saying that. And if you that the SEC is a powerhouse then again you are misinformed.

Dayton, VCU, La Salle, St. Louis, Davidson, etc have all been in the tournament frequently. It's a deep league with a lot of solid and competitive teams.

hogwood

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 12:02:00 pm
Hmmm, I will admit the A10 is better than I thought when it comes to making the tournament. If they start winning championships, playing in championship games, going to the final 4 or even going to the elite 8 or sweet 16 every year I will consider them a powerhouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Tournament_bids_by_school_and_conference

You mean you admit you didn't know what you were talking about. You should really do the research. Also someone from the A10 makes the SW16 about every year.

Sivad

It wasn't  not long ago that  everyone  decided that support for the basketball program  was going to be the sacrificial lamb in order for the football program to seriously compete for an SEC  Championship.
On what planet was that "decision" made? Planet Lunacy?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Sivad on February 13, 2017, 09:19:06 pm
On what planet was that "decision" made? Planet Lunacy?
The alias for Jump Ball

Sivad

Quote from: realistichog on February 10, 2017, 11:36:01 pm
At this point I would take Archie Bunker!
Archie and Jughead could do better than the bear wrasslin', bus stoppin', punkin' FastestTrainToNowhere.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on February 13, 2017, 09:17:52 pm
You mean you admit you didn't know what you were talking about. You should really do the research. Also someone from the A10 makes the SW16 about every year.
You were doing pretty good until the last statement in bold.

Saint Joe's- Bids 21- Last bid 2016- Last win 2016- Last Sweet 16 2004- Last Elite 8 2004- Last Final 4 1961 (Vacated)
Dayton- Bids 17- Last bid 2016- Last win 2015- Last Sweet 16 2014- Last Elite 8 2014- Last Final 4 1967
VCU- Bids 15- Last bid 2016- Last win 2016- Last Sweet 16 2011- Last Elite 8 2011- Last Final 4 2011
La Salle- Bids 12- Last bid 2013- Last win 2013- Last Sweet 16 2013- Last Elite 8 1955- Last Final 4 1955
Davidson- Bids 13- Last bid 2015- Last win 2008- Last Sweet 16 2008
George Washington- Bids 11- Last bid 2014- Last win 2006- Last Sweet 16 1993
Massachusetts- Bids 9- Last bid 2014- Last win 1996 (Vacated)- Last Sweet 16 1996 (Vacated)- Last Elite 8 1996 (Vacated)- Last Final 4 1996 (Vacated)
Saint Louis- Bids 9- Last bid 2014- Last win 2014- Last Sweet 16 1957- Last Elite 8 1952
Richmond- Bids 9- Last bid 2011- Last win 2011- Last Sweet 16 2011
Rhode Island- Bids 8- Last bid 1999- Last win 1998- Last Sweet 16 1998- Last Elite 8 1998
St. Bonaventure- Bids 6- Last bid 2012- Last win 1970- Last Sweet 16 1970- Last Elite 8 1970- Last Final 4 1970
George Mason- Bids 6- Last bid 2011- Last win 2011- Last Sweet 16 2006- Last Elite 8 2006- Last Final 4 2006
Duquesne- Bids 5- Last bid 1977- Last win 1969- Last Sweet 16 1969- Last Elite 8 1952- Last Final 4 1940
Fordham- Bids 4- Last bid 1992- Last win 1971- Last Sweet 16 1971

Doesn't exactly scream powerhouse basketball conference to me. I mean come on man, they play in a conference with teams named Fordham, Duquesne, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, and La Salle. Talk about rent a win teams. Can we get serious please.

Put that side by side with the SEC and see what you come up with.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 12:51:12 pm

Saint Joe's- Bids 21- Last bid 2016- Last win 2016- Last Sweet 16 2004- Last Elite 8 2004- Last Final 4 1961 (Vacated)
Dayton- Bids 17- Last bid 2016- Last win 2015- Last Sweet 16 2014- Last Elite 8 2014- Last Final 4 1967
VCU- Bids 15- Last bid 2016- Last win 2016- Last Sweet 16 2011- Last Elite 8 2011- Last Final 4 2011
La Salle- Bids 12- Last bid 2013- Last win 2013- Last Sweet 16 2013- Last Elite 8 1955- Last Final 4 1955
Massachusetts- Bids 9- Last bid 2014- Last win 1996 (Vacated)- Last Sweet 16 1996 (Vacated)- Last Elite 8 1996 (Vacated)- Last Final 4 1996 (Vacated)
Saint Louis- Bids 9- Last bid 2014- Last win 2014- Last Sweet 16 1957- Last Elite 8 1952
Rhode Island- Bids 8- Last bid 1999- Last win 1998- Last Sweet 16 1998- Last Elite 8 1998
St. Bonaventure- Bids 6- Last bid 2012- Last win 1970- Last Sweet 16 1970- Last Elite 8 1970- Last Final 4 1970
George Mason- Bids 6- Last bid 2011- Last win 2011- Last Sweet 16 2006- Last Elite 8 2006- Last Final 4 2006
Duquesne- Bids 5- Last bid 1977- Last win 1969- Last Sweet 16 1969- Last Elite 8 1952- Last Final 4 1940

Doesn't exactly scream powerhouse basketball conference to me. I mean come on man, they play in a conference with teams named Fordham, Duquesne, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, and La Salle. Talk about rent a win teams. Can we get serious please.

LOL! Good  stuff.

Captain Morgan

This isn't football Youngsta... Mike "NIT" Anderson hasn't done very well at Arkansas

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 14, 2017, 01:25:04 pm
This isn't football Youngsta... Mike "NIT" Anderson hasn't done very well at Arkansas
Neither has anybody else since Nolan. He's doing much better than his predecessors.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 01:57:50 pm
Neither has anybody else since Nolan. He's doing much better than his predecessors.
He's made the NCAA Tournament the same number of times as Pel and has won the same number of NCAA Tournament games as Pel. He's made the NCAA Tournament fewer times than Heath. How is he doing better? And don't tell me overall wins and losses or GPA because the only thing that matters is how you do in the tournament
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 14, 2017, 02:56:30 pm
He's made the NCAA Tournament the same number of times as Pel and has won the same number of NCAA Tournament games as Pel. He's made the NCAA Tournament fewer times than Heath. How is he doing better? And don't tell me overall wins and losses or GPA because the only thing that matters is how you do in the tournament
If being 7-9 in conference and making the NCAA tournament is ok with you then have at it. I know your trying to make Mike look as bad as possible and prove a point but this statement doesn't fly with me. I know the real deal about one of those NCAA tournament seasons under Heath. You know, the one where he was let got for going 7-9 in SEC. I'm trying to figure out if these guys were so successful or so good why were they let go? I don't even think you believe what you just typed.

hogwood

Haha. 2011, 2013, 2014 - is that not "about every year"? We are talking recent history here. As I've already clarified, I never gave any notion that the A10 was a powerhouse conference. And going back multiple decades the SEC is way ahead. But we're talking recent history here, the SEC drop off. In the last 5 years or so the A10 has been about as good as the SEC and they have a lot of solid teams now a days. Not a powerhouse, but they are easily above the rest of the mid-major conferences.

Kevin

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 14, 2017, 02:56:30 pm

pel  had 4 years, Anderson is ion the middle of his 6th
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Kevin on February 14, 2017, 06:56:38 pm
pel  had 4 years, Anderson is ion the middle of his 6th
and Pel faced a school better than Woffort

Slater

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 12, 2017, 06:47:00 pm
I would love to have him  ;D ;D ;D :razorback: :razorback: ;D ;D ;D

I honestly have never seen a group (hogville) hate a coach as much as people do Mike. No scandals, steadily improving program, a coach who loves his job and the thanks he gets is continued blasting. His intelligence is constantly questioned, his vocabulary, his work ethic- pretty much any tired old stereotype is drummed up by these great "fans".

Here is the irony, when Mike leaves for a different job the same crew of hate everything Anderson will blast him for his lack of loyalty and continue to whine about all things Mike.

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Slater on February 14, 2017, 07:53:42 pm
I honestly have never seen a group (hogville) hate a coach as much as people do Mike. No scandals, steadily improving program, a coach who loves his job and the thanks he gets is continued blasting. His intelligence is constantly questioned, his vocabulary, his work ethic- pretty much any tired old stereotype is drummed up by these great "fans".

Here is the irony, when Mike leaves for a different job the same crew of hate everything Anderson will blast him for his lack of loyalty and continue to whine about all things Mike.

I don't think so. He goes to another school it would probably be like Stan Heath where it's never mentioned by our fambase.

I'm not hate for Anderson. He seems like a great man and great human being. He got us out if the APR hell that Pel put us through. He was the perfect guy to get us to hire the next up and comer-- hint hint Archie Miller  ;)

Kevin

Heath puts us in the apr mess. Pel began to clean it up.

Biggus Piggus

Man, don't let these doofii make you chase your tail. They are pure sophists. No way in hell you can make them admit logical or factual errors. They spew out bullshiite nonstop. If you call them out, they move on to more ridiculous, indefensible claims. They will occupy all of your time, which makes me wonder why the Frank they have so much time to waste.
[CENSORED]!

Kevin

amazing how a couple of people can ruin the board

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on February 14, 2017, 06:55:33 pm
Haha. 2011, 2013, 2014 - is that not "about every year"? We are talking recent history here. As I've already clarified, I never gave any notion that the A10 was a powerhouse conference. And going back multiple decades the SEC is way ahead. But we're talking recent history here, the SEC drop off. In the last 5 years or so the A10 has been about as good as the SEC and they have a lot of solid teams now a days. Not a powerhouse, but they are easily above the rest of the mid-major conferences.
Ok, I can agree with you on this. They are the best of the mid-majors no doubt.