Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The great Roger Federer is...

Started by Iwastherein1969, January 31, 2017, 07:48:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

so underappreciated. People do not realize that winning a MAJOR tennis tournament at the age of 35 is as rare as a white crow. Well, Sunday morning, the G.O.A.T. in tennis put on a show for the ages against his greatest rival in the finals of the Australian Open. I went to sleep about 6pm Saturday evening and set the alarm clock for 1:45 AM so I could have the chance at watching history being made. It was worth every nodded head later on that Sunday afternoon. The G.O.A.T. in his sport took the younger Rafa Nadal a grueling 5 sets and was down a break in the last set. And just when it looked like Federer was finished, he turned the clock back 10 years after 4 hours of tennis being played at it's zenith and took the game, his game, to a level unseen before. Federer had to break Nadal's serve twice in 3 games or he would lose. And that is just what the G.O.A.T. did. I'm no tennis player, never have been, but I do enjoy watching the four Majors (Australian, French, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open) and just when I thought I had seen the best tennis in my life for the first 4 hours of the match, the last 30 minutes was the cherry on the top. Congrats, Roger Federer.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm actually sad that I missed it. I just couldn't stay up until 2:30 in the morning.

Federer is in a class all by himself.
This is my non-signature signature.

Grag T

Wow, I definitely will have to head over to youtube to watch this.   8)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde