Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get to know Bob Diaco

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, January 12, 2017, 06:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcam

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcam on January 13, 2017, 01:03:49 pm
Bijon Jackson, Austin Capps

We're gonna need more, and we don't have one in the current class yet.  Edwards was the target, but gone to CO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 01:01:53 pm
If we lose him because we wouldn't offer him DC straight up, then heads should roll.

But how will you know? You or I won't know why he does or does not take the job. But per the norm, those that are antagonistic towards BB will believe what they can't know, the pro-BB crowd will sugar coat, and the poor middle ground will just be at the games rooting on their team. 
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Wildhog

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on January 13, 2017, 02:23:05 pm
But how will you know? You or I won't know why he does or does not take the job. But per the norm, those that are antagonistic towards BB will believe what they can't know, the pro-BB crowd will sugar coat, and the poor middle ground will just be at the games rooting on their team. 

I didn't say that was the case.  And you're right.  We'll never know the reason.

But yeah, I'm pretty antagonistic toward CBB.  I just have no faith in him, whatsoever.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ballz2thewall

i'm convinced that our defense would've been dramatically different with one simple move.........

agim to the outside. unleash him every down he plays. forget containment as far as he's concerned.
The rest of the frog.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ballz2thewall on January 13, 2017, 03:08:39 pm
i'm convinced that our defense would've been dramatically different with one simple move.........

agim to the outside. unleash him every down he plays. forget containment as far as he's concerned.

They better hurry.  Only 2 seasons remain for his services.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 02:11:48 pm
We're gonna need more, and we don't have one in the current class yet.  Edwards was the target, but gone to CO.
not really. only one dude on the field at a time in that position. Yeah, we'll need more, but seriously... our personell is ready for the 3-4. The 4-3, not so much.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 03:25:03 pm
not really. only one dude on the field at a time in that position. Yeah, we'll need more, but seriously... our personell is ready for the 3-4. The 4-3, not so much.

You'll need depth.  And may not always have a guy who can play all 3 downs.  Still need to rotate.  And good ones don't grow on trees.  Truly good ones will be hotly pursued by everybody, which usually doesn't bode well for us.   They're hard to come by, and Jackson is gone after next season, right?  Capps is all that's left and we still haven't gotten anyone in the current class.

If either Jackson or Capps get hurt, who's next in line?  We really could have used Edwards fo sho.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 08:46:12 am
Somebody gets it.  BB is putting together the perfect crew and if all the pieces fall into place it's going to be alright alright alright.

It's the perfect recruiting tool! All three go in on a home visit, hence  Momma, her friends and all the other females are all giddy. Damn people, got to think outside the box and let's also look at the marketing it does to bring more ladies to the game and that means more eye candy for us mere mortals.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: GolfnHog on January 13, 2017, 03:53:25 pm
It's the perfect recruiting tool! All three go in on a home visit, hence  Momma, her friends and all the other females are all giddy. Damn people, got to think outside the box and let's also look at the marketing it does to bring more ladies to the game and that means more eye candy for us mere mortals.

Win win win in my book.  Maybe Bert looks at the kid and thinks I used to look like that, hell I could look like that again.  So he gets the Bo Flex out of the closet and goes to work, another win.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 04:04:34 pm
Win win win in my book.  Maybe Bret looks at the kid and thinks I used to look like that, hell I could look like that again.  So he gets the Bo Flex out of the closet and goes to work, another win.
Uh, does a Bow-flex have a drink holder?   Asking for a friend.

hogfansince79

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 13, 2017, 09:25:24 am
His description of Diaco's bend-but-don't-break defensive philosophy and taking no risks in punt returns sounds a lot like what we already have.

I like what - Landlord of Memorial Stadium - said in reply #50...

"Think of every championship level defense you can. How many of them have a bend but don't break philosophy?"
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

hogcam

Nebraska thinks they have him.

Nosboar Accubond

I'm not sure about the bend but don't break philosophy... Hasn't gotten us anywhere...

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: hogcam on January 13, 2017, 04:35:55 pm
Nebraska thinks they have him.
Been reading up on him most of the day. Great coordinator. Also a little batty.

King Kong

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 13, 2017, 04:43:27 pm
I'm not sure about the bend but don't break philosophy... Hasn't gotten us anywhere...

I wouldn't describe it that way

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aeT_QHU_g_4"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

King Kong

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 13, 2017, 04:44:39 pm
Been reading up on him most of the day. Great coordinator. Also a little batty.

He is crazy. But that's probably part of what has made him successfull

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: King Kong on January 13, 2017, 04:49:10 pm
I wouldn't describe it that way

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aeT_QHU_g_4"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
lots of succes getting pressure with front four. Not the same as rolling the dice and being aggressive. I'm not saying he's conservative, just saying he had success rushing 3 to 4 players.

Arkansas Fan

Are we really sure we want this guy?

ADavisTheGOAT

Looks like he's headed to Nebraska  :puke:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PonderinHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 10:07:33 am
Maybe the giving tips is a cover story if they couldn't or don't land Diaco.  Then BB/Program doesn't have to look spurned or losing out to Nebraska.  They can fall back on Bob is a great guy and we just wanted to pick his brain while he was available.  We had the right guy in Paul Rhoads all along.

Called it.

PonderinHog

tophawg19

no at this point we don't know what we want , but we do know we don't want anymore to do with bend but don't break. It keeps the offense on a long field to much .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Josh Goforth

Quote from: HognVA on January 13, 2017, 01:01:40 pm
Do we have a guy to play nose guard?
No and certainly not to play a 2 gap nose spot. Jackson couldnt get it done as a 1 gap tilt nose in the odd front 4-3. Cant see him doing much different as a straight up 0 nose. Capps on the other hand may be better, who know.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Josh Goforth on January 13, 2017, 08:50:16 pm
No and certainly not to play a 2 gap nose spot. Jackson couldnt get it done as a 1 gap tilt nose in the odd front 4-3. Cant see him doing much different as a straight up 0 nose. Capps on the other hand may be better, who know.
I think you are wrong I think Jackson has grown a lot, and has shown this year the strength and agility to play that 2 gap nose, I am more concerned about Capps, I saw the strength, but I did not see much ability to move.

NuttinItUp

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net