Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe mixon going pro

Started by HiggiePiggy, January 05, 2017, 09:03:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon leaving for NFL (from @AP) http://bigstory.ap.org/dcbe6d97bd1e4a3cbdddc5d37230bb65

I think it's a mistake on his part to go now. With all the news fresh in people's minds I think it pushes him to the late rounds. Guess we will find out what Teams really think of it soon. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LCAPTP

Agreed. I think most teams would consider him too much of a liability.

PorkRinds

I thought you had to stay three years? Hasn't he only had two?

clutch

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 06, 2017, 12:56:16 pm
I thought you had to stay three years? Hasn't he only had two?

He was a redshirt his first year. So this was his 3rd year.

Buff

He's kept his nose clean ever since the incident.  After the showing he put out in the Sugar Bowl, his star is bright.

Jackrabbit Hog

Wherever he's drafted, I'm sure he'll be a big hit.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 06, 2017, 07:02:19 pm

It will be a slap in the face to that team's fans.

FaytownHog

I wouldn't be suprised if those in charge at OU told Joe "good luck in the NFL" and handed him his bags all packed.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 06, 2017, 07:02:19 pm
Maybe he'll go to the browns. They're used to taking a beating.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Buff on January 06, 2017, 05:48:44 pm
He's kept his nose clean ever since the incident.  After the showing he put out in the Sugar Bowl, his star is bright.

I understand that he has kept clean for a couple of years, but this video is a fresh reminder of what actually happen. Him turning pro now instead of next year in my opinion will cost him 3 or 4 rounds. I will be surprised if he goes in the first 2 rounds.  I believe if he played another year and had another great season he would be a high first round pick next year.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Don King as his agent........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

holeinthewall

He should go to Dallas he would fit in perfect with the players the crook brings in

Dropkick