Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Biggest downfall...

Started by HogsBalls, January 08, 2018, 08:19:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsBalls

Was it not getting along with Chaney and Pittman? The play calling for Georgia looks dang good tonight and we all know what Pittman can do in recruiting and developing.

247Hog

Quote from: HogsBalls on January 08, 2018, 08:19:26 pm
Was it not getting along with Chaney and Pittman? The play calling for Georgia looks dang good tonight and we all know what Pittman can do in recruiting and developing.

Crazy those two was on our staff a couple of years ago and now winning in the NCG.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

pigbacon

colbs

I'm not crazy about Chaney.  The offense wasn't great when he was here.  Losing Pittman was huge though.

PorkSoda

top 10 talent will make most offenses look good.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

IronHog

Firing Chaney was just one of many blunders
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Tusks

there wasn't just 'one' thing.  his entire everything was a downfall.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PorkSoda

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 08:24:19 pm
do I need to search through your post history to find you claiming otherwise?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

870hogfan

bennyl08

Losing Pittman was a huge blow to the team. However, Chaney was not. Chaney wasn't able to build an offense around our players while Enos was. He had some talented offenses at Tenner so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is doing well at UGA, but losing Chaney was good for the Hogs. Just that losing Pittman was not.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

IronHog

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm not taking up for Bielema here, but Chaney and Pittman have top 10 recruiting classes to work with at Georgia. Really good talent helps make a coach look more talented and like a genius.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbk4life

I think it's clear now that bielema's issues retaining assistants were his own fault. I believed him when he said he never had enough money at Wisconsin but that was not the case here
Let's call those hogs!!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

There are several things that contributed to CBB's downfall....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

bennyl08

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 08:28:15 pm
disagree

Enos offenses here, even the 2 sans Pittman were objectively better than the offenses than Chaney yielded here.

If our qb play in 2014 was as bad as it was in 2017, then we probably win the Bama and MSU games that year with the improved play.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RaisinHog

I don't think Chaney had called a very good game tonight .. and I thought the fist half was terrible against OU .. but loosing pitman was the nail in the coffin

grayhawg

netteltonhog

HogPharmer

Are we still talking about this CBB?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 08, 2018, 08:40:33 pm
Are we still talking about this CBB?

How about FCBB?
(Former Coach Bret Bielema)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bash

Chaney was unable to adapt to what CBB wanted and to the talent we had on campus.  And CBB was unable to adapt to what Chaney could do. It was a poor match.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

HoggyCat

No..... it was not having Alvarez to hold his hand all week. Alvarez said as much behind the podium at the NWA TD Club.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

IronHog

Chaney had everything setup and that goober BB fired him and brought in a coach that fit zero of what he wanted to do

Lazy, knee jerk move by B.B.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: tusked on January 08, 2018, 08:25:04 pm
there wasn't just 'one' thing.  his entire everything was a downfall.

yes.

you really can't evaluate an assistant under cbb. there's no baseline.
The rest of the frog.

IronHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 08, 2018, 08:36:19 pm
Enos offenses here, even the 2 sans Pittman were objectively better than the offenses than Chaney yielded here.

If our qb play in 2014 was as bad as it was in 2017, then we probably win the Bama and MSU games that year with the improved play.

Lost those two games feeding B.B. favorite RB in crunch time

onebadrubi

When draw right gets you 20+ on 3rd and 20 is it really a good OC? 

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 08, 2018, 08:33:41 pm
I think it's clear now that bielema's issues retaining assistants were his own fault. I believed him when he said he never had enough money at Wisconsin but that was not the case here
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

jm

His downfall was that he couldn't develop a defense!
His O was somewhat successful every year.
HIS DEFENSE WAS JUST BAD

go hogues

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 08, 2018, 08:32:04 pm
I'm not taking up for Bielema here, but Chaney and Pittman have top 10 recruiting classes to work with at Georgia. Really good talent helps make a coach look more talented and like a genius.
That will be underscored when Chavis takes over our D.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bash

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 08:57:24 pm

Chaney had everything setup and that goober BB fired him and brought in a coach that fit zero of what he wanted to do

Hogville - at the time Chaney was here - hated him. Constant comments about his weight and how poor of a play caller he was.  And rightly so (on the play calling aspect).  Chaney was average to decent at Tennessee and not so good here. 

Chaney was not a fit here and would have never done well here. I don't know if Chaney is a good OC or not.  He probably is. But I know he was not good here.

Just don't act like you've known all along that Chaney was somehow set to blow up as an OC here until he got fired.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Dark Helmet Hog

Rumor was that Bielema  liked to run interference with play calling.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Keep in mind that Chaney is only there because Enos had an SEC clause.  Pittman cant really be faulted, UGA is a better gig.  Its tough to be an Arkansas fan...

jgphillips3

Remember King Midas and the golden touch?  Apparently, Bielema has a similar ailment because everything he touches turns to dung.

redeye

Quote from: colbs on January 08, 2018, 08:23:10 pm
I'm not crazy about Chaney.  The offense wasn't great when he was here.  Losing Pittman was huge though.

Chaney would call a great play and follow it up with one that was horrible.  I don't see that in tonight's game.

Enos started out hot and ended terrible in his years at Arkansas.  It makes me wonder if Bielema was interfering with both?

Kevin

cbb cannot get along with assistants that has been proven
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

I could bot help but think how BB wouldn't pull Brandon or Austin when they was playing poorly.

31to6

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 08, 2018, 08:25:56 pm
Enos>Chaney
OC for dummies book + Sam Pittman > Enos + Kurt "Brolema" Anderson

Enos was a good OC, but the wretched OL doomed CBB.

Biggus Piggus

If he fell off the upper deck, that would be his greatest downfall.
[CENSORED]!

IronHog

Quote from: Bash on January 08, 2018, 09:40:48 pm
Hogville - at the time Chaney was here - hated him. Constant comments about his weight and how poor of a play caller he was.  And rightly so (on the play calling aspect).  Chaney was average to decent at Tennessee and not so good here. 

Chaney was not a fit here and would have never done well here. I don't know if Chaney is a good OC or not.  He probably is. But I know he was not good here.

Just don't act like you've known all along that Chaney was somehow set to blow up as an OC here until he got fired.

I criticized the firing when it happened.  The offense was coming around big time

JethroB.

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 08, 2018, 08:25:56 pm
Enos>Chaney

I agree however Coach Pittman leaving was hard to overcome.

opineonswine

Quote from: JethroB. on January 09, 2018, 07:36:27 am
I agree however Coach Pittman leaving was hard to overcome.

He replaced a Cardiologist with an orderly.

Inhogswetrust

I have never read anywhere where it said he got fired................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: redeye on January 08, 2018, 10:19:54 pm
Chaney would call a great play and follow it up with one that was horrible.  I don't see that in tonight's game.

ANY play that is successful is a good play. Any that is not successful is a bad play. Even coaches will tell you play calling is overrated sometimes. NO coach calls a play thinking it will not be successful. No matter what play is called the players have to execute it. Sometimes thought the defensive play call and player execution is better despite whatever call is made for the offense.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

arslp

CBB's biggest downfall was not going after a world class DC. We generally fielded a good an sometimes outstanding offence
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

IronHog

Quote from: arslp on January 09, 2018, 08:04:26 am
CBB's biggest downfall was not going after a world class DC. We generally fielded a good an sometimes outstanding offence

What games do you people watch?

farmhawg

He sucked as a head coach? He wouldn't allow his Oc to run the offense? He wouldn't allow the dc to call the defense?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rtr

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 09, 2018, 12:11:58 am
If he fell off the upper deck, that would be his greatest downfall.
This^^^.  It was never going to work.  Maybe he finds a place where he can be successful, I hope so.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Letsroll1200

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 08:05:11 am

What games do you people watch?

Look at all the NFL talent from the '14-'15 offense.  Henry, Morgan, Hatcher, Sprinkle, Kirkland, Ragnow, Tretola, Skipper, Allen, J Williams, Alex Collins... 11! NFL guys on offense.

Hoggish1

Quote from: colbs on January 08, 2018, 08:23:10 pm

And they are a package deal.