Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor mill

Started by str8volfan, June 07, 2017, 11:57:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on September 20, 2017, 06:25:47 pm
Highly doubt that.
Me either.  Almirola was running right about par with Patrick.  Kenseth and Kahne had both said the 10 was not in play for either of them.  That would make sense since Busch's whole  play on his return has been more money.  I'm betting on Custer since his Dad is listed as an owner.

riccoar

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on October 11, 2017, 10:23:40 am
So the #34 has an open seat for 2018.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/10/10/landon-cassill-out-front-row-motorsports-free-agent/

Kenseth sold his house or I would think maybe they are going after him but I can't really see Matt taking an uncompetitive ride. 

I am really hoping Wallace gets a shot next year with someone.  Would have enjoyed him in the 21 car. Menard not so much.

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 12, 2017, 07:09:20 am

I am really hoping Wallace gets a shot next year with someone.  Would have enjoyed him in the 21 car. Menard not so much.
Menard brings money.

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 12, 2017, 07:09:20 am
Kenseth sold his house or I would think maybe they are going after him but I can't really see Matt taking an uncompetitive ride. 

My thinking is this is where McDowell ends up.  Wallace is rumored going to the 43.

AllenK

LOL! You know you have grown up going to the dirt tracks when McDowell and Wallace means Dale McDowell from Georgia and Wendell Wallace from Batesville. Two badass short track racers.
Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: AllenK on October 13, 2017, 01:16:00 pm
LOL! You know you have grown up going to the dirt tracks when McDowell and Wallace means Dale McDowell from Georgia and Wendell Wallace from Batesville. Two badass short track racers.

Oh yeah! My hometown boy Wallace. Is he still racing ?

AllenK

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 13, 2017, 01:50:13 pm

Yes he is! He's running more regional type stuff now though.
Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

DeWayne R

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 13, 2017, 01:50:13 pm

He's been crew chief'n for Timmy Culp
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

It's finally official, Bubba Wallace in the 43.

holeinthewall

FRM appears to be staying with Ford and getting a Tier 1 engine program.  As well as restrictor palte and road course cars from Roush.  Ragan and McDowell look like the drivers.

holeinthewall

Racinray

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 01, 2017, 08:04:33 pm
Where did you hear this?

If Stewart-Haas can't find her some sponsors how the hell can Roush ?

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on November 01, 2017, 08:04:33 pm
Where did you hear this?

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21237637/could-danica-move-roush-fenway

Roush has 3 charters and apparently Ford wants to keep her driving for them.  IDK maybe Ford sponsors her.  Everyone knows Roush runs one of the tightest budgets of all the upper teams and always has. 

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 02, 2017, 06:28:25 am
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21237637/could-danica-move-roush-fenway

Roush has 3 charters and apparently Ford wants to keep her driving for them.  IDK maybe Ford sponsors her.  Everyone knows Roush runs one of the tightest budgets of all the upper teams and always has. 
Don't get why Ford would want to keep her, it's not like you even know she's in the race. riding around in the back.

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on November 02, 2017, 06:59:01 am
Don't get why Ford would want to keep her, it's not like you even know she's in the race. riding around in the back.
Kinda like Dale Jr. these last few years.  But, his name is marketable.  So is Danica.  She may never see victory lane, but she's done better in the sport than any woman ever has.

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on November 02, 2017, 07:04:44 am
Kinda like Dale Jr. these last few years.  But, his name is marketable.  So is Danica.  She may never see victory lane, but she's done better in the sport than any woman ever has.

Ford says it draws women to their brand.  As much as they spend advertising sponsoring her with an endorsement contract through a race team might be worth it.  If Ford says we can fund 15 million to sponsor the car but in return you have to be a spokeswoman it is a win for both Ford and Danica.  Not that she will ever see victory lane but outside of JR who else gets to ride around all day doing nothing and get shown on the screen repeatedly.

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 01, 2017, 08:13:34 pm
If Stewart-Haas can't find her some sponsors how the hell can Roush ?
you remember what you said when I told you that Almirola would be in the 10 next year?

riccoar

I think Almirola gets the 10 IF he brings Smithfield with him. 

str8volfan

hes already signed to drive the 10 next year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on November 03, 2017, 09:16:15 am
you remember what you said when I told you that Almirola would be in the 10 next year?

No... find it for me

riccoar

Quote from: str8volfan on November 03, 2017, 09:29:27 am
Ok, it was buried down in Jayski.  But yes, he is bringing Smithfield with him.

riccoar

My guess is Danica will get the #44

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 03, 2017, 10:14:23 am
Ok, it was buried down in Jayski.  But yes, he is bringing Smithfield with him.

Perhaps I was full of beer when I read last week that Smithfield had worked things out with Petty. Can someone give me an update so I don't have to go searching thru articles ?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: riccoar on November 02, 2017, 07:04:44 am
No woman has ever been in the quality of equipment she has. She is a never was.

Racinray

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 03, 2017, 08:27:38 pm
Couldn't agree more.

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 03, 2017, 01:11:48 pm
Perhaps I was full of beer when I read last week that Smithfield had worked things out with Petty. Can someone give me an update so I don't have to go searching thru articles ?

Smithfield is moving on but they settles with RPM and will provide some sponsorship to the 43 as well as the 10 next year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 04, 2017, 02:32:50 am
Smithfield is moving on but they settles with RPM and will provide some sponsorship to the 43 as well as the 10 next year.

Interesting. I can't believe Kenseth and Busch still don't have rides. Would be bad for the sport to lose so many big name drivers in a matter of three years.

riccoar

Busch has a ride in the 41.  He and Kenseth could both sign deals like weeks ago.  THe issue is both are looking for more money.

riccoar

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 03, 2017, 08:27:38 pm
Not true, Evernham's current wife was in top notch equip.  There simply has not been another female with better skills than Danica in CUp to date.  If a dirt tracker ever does, might see it.  THe open wheel folks seem to mightly struggle outside of road courses.

str8volfan

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on November 04, 2017, 06:39:52 pm
Kenseth retiring.

Damn. His comments are very telling about how far NASCAR has fallen. He says he feels like he should have been allowed to go out on his own terms but the decision was made for him. NASCAR needs to go back to its roots of short track racing and dump most of the mile and a halfs. Viewership and sponsorship ain't coming back until boring races are no longer the norm

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 04, 2017, 07:02:54 pm
Damn. His comments are very telling about how far NASCAR has fallen. He says he feels like he should have been allowed to go out on his own terms but the decision was made for him. NASCAR needs to go back to its roots of short track racing and dump most of the mile and a halfs. Viewership and sponsorship ain't coming back until boring races are no longer the norm
you see where some racers are lobbying for some "during the week" races?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on November 04, 2017, 07:14:32 pm
you see where some racers are lobbying for some "during the week" races?

Won't help. I live 45 mins away from Texas Motor Speedway. Only way I would go is if the weather was very mild and I had to wear at least a windbreaker. Nope ! Gonna be upper 80's so for the first time in at least 9 yrs I'm missing a local NASCAR race. Not gonna sweat and be bored.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on November 03, 2017, 09:29:27 am
You can go anywhere as long as you bring money.

holeinthewall

Kurt Busch still not signed.  Must be a big pay cut. Guess he as 3 choices. Drive for what they offer. Take a ride in the back of the field like Bowyer was in 2 years ago.  Go sit next to Matt in the unemployment line.

riccoar

Busch's only positive is Haas backs him.  So he has Haas as sponsor and Monster.  Expecting more money is unrealistic to me without better results.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 13, 2017, 07:20:22 am
Busch's only positive is Haas backs him.  So he has Haas as sponsor and Monster.  Expecting more money is unrealistic to me without better results.

Too bad teams don't get to share much of the tv revenue. Gonna be hard for me to watch next year with so many veteran quality driers gone.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 13, 2017, 05:07:39 pm
Gonna be hard for me to watch next year with so many veteran quality driers gone.
For sure it's going to be a new look.

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 13, 2017, 06:54:03 am
Kurt Busch still not signed.
He signed a 1 year deal with Stewart-Haas.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on December 12, 2017, 08:12:45 pm
He signed a 1 year deal with Stewart-Haas.

Good. Not a fan at all of his but I want some sense of normalcy come February. This is gonna be a hard year for me to stay interested. Some of these young pups better start winning and developing their personalities.

holeinthewall

Petty to Chevy and RCR.  Not sure how that was any better than what they had. That is their 3rd switch in the last 8 years or so..