Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pitino, AD Put on Leave at Louisville.....

Started by moses_007, September 27, 2017, 01:52:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:39:29 pm
Paterno was unable to get another job after the scandal. Just sayin.

That's because he didn't want one. He was actually cleared of any wrong doing by an independent investigation and died not too long after he left Penn State.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 28, 2017, 04:06:53 pm
For two decades he fought and maneuvered Louisville from a hardly heard of program. To a nationally admired and often envied program.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Denny Crum.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PonderinHog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 04:18:10 pm
That's because he didn't want one. He was actually cleared of any wrong doing by an independent investigation and died not too long after he left Penn State.
Yeah, I'd bet good money that dying thing adversely affected his hirability.

Inhogswetrust

September 28, 2017, 04:38:55 pm #53 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:25:11 am by Inhogswetrust
For two decades he fought and maneuvered Louisville from a hardly heard of program. To a nationally admired and often envied program. We are only talking about Louisville. Because of what Jurich has made it into. So yes, Great AD.

Really? He got there in 1997. They were a basketball power before he got there. They had Denny Crum and TWO basketball NC's prior to his arrival. He also hired none other than SMILE as head football coach. He stood behind and protected Rick even when it was obvious things were not right off the court. So now he gets to maybe go to another court..................................The best thing he did was maneuver them into the ACC after they practically begged others to take them and they wouldn't. What great things did he do as AD of Colorado State. When he backed Pitino I started to have doubts about his credibility. When he rehired Bobby I knew he had none.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 28, 2017, 04:24:10 pm
Yeah, I'd bet good money that dying thing adversely affected his hirability.

I guarantee some on here would love to hire any number of coaches in that realm. That's how easy some idiots think it is to be a coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkSoda

For two decades he fought and maneuvered Louisville from a hardly heard of program. To a nationally admired and often envied program. We are only talking about Louisville. Because of what Jurich has made it into. So yes, Great AD.
by 'fought and maneuvered' I assume you mean hired hookers and paid off recruits?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Maybe he allowed his coaches to assist in illegally getting players to help the program..

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

sigpooie

Shirt should show an official bracket, with last few games they won and the fbi taking them out in finals,, On another note, KY and alot of the big East might drop in recruiting over the next few years waiting on others to turn over. It's wild to think an investment banker selling suits to pro players would get busted for running ponzi scheme and start all this mess just to stay out of ponzi charges.. Wow   
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Been10Hog

Quote from: jvanhorn on September 27, 2017, 05:59:28 pm
Saban isn't going to retire anytime soon.  This is his life.  All he knows.  And if he did you have to think Alabama would take a run at the HC at Clemson.
Why would he take it and be in Saban's shadow when he is making his own shadow now? Recruiting is fine at Clemson and you can't do anything but worse than Saban other than go undefeated every year. Too small a window to be appreciated!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 29, 2017, 08:34:57 am
Why would he take it and be in Saban's shadow when he is making his own shadow now? Recruiting is fine at Clemson and you can't do anything but worse than Saban other than go undefeated every year. Too small a window to be appreciated!

Clemson is a great place. IF I was coaching there and some other school called it would take an emotional attachment to that school for me to consider leaving. That being said IIRC he has that with Bama.