Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Fan Region poll

Started by RealHog, April 20, 2016, 12:48:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

From which region of Arkansas do you support the Hogs?

Central Arkansas
70 (17.5%)
NW Arkansas
96 (24%)
SW Arkansas
23 (5.8%)
SE Arkansas
14 (3.5%)
NE Arkansas
35 (8.8%)
Out of State
162 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 399

RealHog

April 20, 2016, 12:48:14 pm Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:14:05 pm by RealHog
Hey guys, I know we have Razorback fans in every corner of this state, but I was curious what regions are represented here on Hogville.

Put which region you live in and we can see where all the Hogs fans are. Here's a region map courtesy of Arkansas.gov for reference.

EDIT: I added a "Out of state" option for any Hogs abroad. No offense to any of them, you can call the hogs from anywhere.

I hail from Central AR myself, where do you support the Hogs from?

:razorback:

Doug

April 20, 2016, 01:33:13 pm #1 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:45:09 pm by Doug
This is a BIG FAT FAIL. We've done surveys in the past... somewhere around 30% - 40% of us don't even live in the state. Even more eye opening? About 3 - 5% of us don't even live in the US.

Expand your "pole". ;)

Also, please do not post the same exact thing in multiple forums.  Thanks. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Doug on April 20, 2016, 01:33:13 pm
This is a BIG FAT FAIL. We've done surveys in the past... somewhere around 30% - 40% of us don't even live in the state. Even more eye opening? About 3 - 5% of us don't even live in the US.

Expand your "pole". ;)

Also, please do not post the same exact thing in multiple forums.  Thanks. :)

How can it be a fail if it is for the majority? You did say 60 to 70 percent right?

BPsTheMan

Douggars posts from a Russian prison

Doug

Quote from: SpaCityHawgHow can it be a fail if it is for the majority? You did say 60 to 70 percent right?
If you re-read his poll question and post, he seems to indicate that ONLY people in Arkansas can be Hog fans.

Guarandamntee you that several of us will speak up on that foolishness, just as I did. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Doug on April 20, 2016, 01:54:19 pm
If you re-read his poll question and post, he seems to indicate that ONLY people in Arkansas can be Hog fans.

Guarandamntee you that several of us will speak up on that foolishness, just as I did. :)

My bad. I did not read it that way.

rhames

I'm assuming this is for some kind of school project?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RealHog

I added an "Out of state" option, I know plenty of Fans from outside AR and don't want to slight them. I figured a poll like this had been on here before but hey it's fun to see. Not a school project, just killing time while its a bit slower in Hog sports.

SpaCityHawg

;
Quote from: RealHog on April 20, 2016, 02:18:41 pm
I added an "Out of state" option, I know plenty of Fans from outside AR and don't want to slight them. I figured a poll like this had been on here before but hey it's fun to see. Not a school project, just killing time while its a bit slower in Hog sports.

Uh oh, now you have slighted Hog fans living out of conus. ;D

hogsfan31

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on April 20, 2016, 01:55:58 pm
My bad. I did not read it that way.

I didn't either, but to each his own I guess.

hawginbigd1

Small sample so far, but the numbers fall about where I thought they would.

bennyl08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 20, 2016, 10:43:15 pm
Small sample so far, but the numbers fall about where I thought they would.

What else would they possibly show? That would be like doing a national poll and finding Chicago, LA, and NYC had more people respond than Cheyenne or Fargo. Very few people in the S. Ark or NE Arkansas, especially compared to central and NWA. Further, a lot of people out of state then require hogville to get their fix so you are likely to have a higher proportion of them as well, though if you were to separate it out by each state they'd probably be pretty small.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

longpig

Where the Hog fans nationally and abroad are located would be interesting, instate not so much.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

bob slydell

Quote from: longpig on April 21, 2016, 01:23:25 am
Where the Hog fans nationally and abroad are located would be interesting, instate not so much.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I log on from Germany.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 21, 2016, 12:32:53 am
What else would they possibly show? That would be like doing a national poll and finding Chicago, LA, and NYC had more people respond than Cheyenne or Fargo. Very few people in the S. Ark or NE Arkansas, especially compared to central and NWA. Further, a lot of people out of state then require hogville to get their fix so you are likely to have a higher proportion of them as well, though if you were to separate it out by each state they'd probably be pretty small.
just curious, do you ever post a short response?

PP

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Doug on April 20, 2016, 01:33:13 pm
somewhere around 30% - 40% of us don't even live in the state. Even more eye opening? About 3 - 5% of us don't even live in the US.

Pig lovers are global. It would be cool to see how global. I have said this before, but will repeat myself coz I'm an old codger. And that's what we do.  ;D

When I lived in Hong Kong I ran into Frank Broyles at the Shangra La Hotel lobby. I was waiting in the lobby to pick up a business associate when I heard this familiar Georgia twang. I look over and there he was.

Browsing through this local market in Singapore and found a VHS tape of our bball championship. (If you are too young to know what VHS is then Google it. It was created during the caveman age. Some hoarded them like they were gold)  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 21, 2016, 05:50:08 am
just curious, do you ever post a short response?

PP

Hey what is wrong with us long winded guys? It just takes us a few sentences to get our point across. We add spice and balance to you quick one liner guys.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 21, 2016, 05:59:08 am
Hey what is wrong with us long winded guys? It just takes us a few sentences to get our point across. We add spice and balance to you quick one liner guys.  ;)
benny is notorious for really drawn out simple answers, lol
im doing my best not to compare him with gohogs

PP

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 21, 2016, 06:09:17 am
benny is notorious for really drawn out simple answers, lol
im doing my best not to compare him with gohogs

PP

He do like to write.  ;D

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I don't really consider El Dorado (Union County) SW Arkansas, but oh well
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 21, 2016, 06:52:06 am
I don't really consider El Dorado (Union County) SW Arkansas, but oh well

It's part of North Louisiana - isn't it?  ;)

bphi11ips

We may log on from our current home out of state, but most of us developed the passion that drives us here while we were Arkansas residents or students, or both.  I'm part of the third generation of a family of die hard fans from Little Rock.  I haven't lived there since 1989, but it's certainly appropriate, in my opinion, for me to choose Central Arkansas for purposes of this poll.  So I did.

I think the pollster was really interested in where you formed your loyalty to the Hogs, not where your mother lives now.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogz87

Yeah, I've never considered Fort Smith part of Northwest Arkansas.  I understand why it is lumped in with NW Arkansas for this poll, it's just odd choosing NW Arkansas for Fort Smith.  I grew up in Alma and even that wasn't really considered part of NW Arkansas either and that's 15 miles further north(east). 

HogFansReunited

I have always considered Pine Bluff central Arkansas but picked South East Arkansas since that is where you have it on your map.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

MissippHog

Quote from: Bob Slydell on April 21, 2016, 03:29:22 am
I log on from Germany.
Cool!  I'm logging in from the war-torn Middle East.  Well, not really, but being 10 minutes from Memphis it feels that way sometimes  :P

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hogsfan31

I'm originally from SW Arkansas and chose that on the map since I grew up there and that's where I became a hog fan. I think there is a big misconception that a lot of people in South Arkansas aren't Hog fans or a lot of them are LSU fans, but that's simply just not true. Yes there are LSU fans, but a lot of them are transplants to South Arkansas or their families grew up in Louisiana.

I live in South Florida now, but still chose South Arkansas.

razorsharptusk

Originally from Warren Arkansas. Athens Alabama is where I proudly pull for the Hogs. Over the last few years, I've met many Hog fans that live here and around this area.  We are represented well.
GO HOGS!!

Kevin

originally from van buren, 1986 hog grad, living in north carolina
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GolfnHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 21, 2016, 07:13:31 am
We may log on from our current home out of state, but most of us developed the passion that drives us here while we were Arkansas residents or students, or both.  I'm part of the third generation of a family of die hard fans from Little Rock.  I haven't lived there since 1989, but it's certainly appropriate, in my opinion, for me to choose Central Arkansas for purposes of this poll.  So I did.

I think the pollster was really interested in where you formed your loyalty to the Hogs, not where your mother lives now.

I agree with this assessment but since there is an out-of-state option I checked that as it's appropriate for this poll and is actually leading (38%).  Otherwise, I would check the NWA as I have a home there.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

code red

Originally Greenbrier......now Malden, MO
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazorPiggie

I don't consider VB or FS part of NWA. More like the River Valley

Chivas

Culturally I always felt that Garland County (Hot Springs) was more of a southwest region than central.

buldozer

Only on Hogville is NWA made up of 19 counties while Central Arkansas made up of 7 counties.....

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on April 21, 2016, 03:58:35 pm
Only on Hogville is NWA made up of 19 counties while Central Arkansas made up of 7 counties.....

Well, then NEA is #1 with 18!!!

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: buldozer on April 21, 2016, 03:58:35 pm

It's not Hogvilles map, it's Arkansas.gov.

ricepig

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on April 21, 2016, 04:07:55 pm
It's not Hogvilles map, it's Arkansas.gov.

Shhh.......you can't get a GSD going like that.

SpaCityHawg

BPsTheMan

Svrdhd

Originally from Clarendon, now in NE Georgia mountains.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

LZH

To those of you who live out of state but voted as if you still live in Arkansas, you just totally screwed up this entire poll. This guy spent weeks of research and thousands of dollars preparing for this groundbreaking moment in Hogville history and you guys just [CENSORED] up the whole thing.

Fwiw, the "out of state" option seemed too vague to me. So since southeast Arkansas is closer to Florida......

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on April 22, 2016, 05:35:45 am
To those of you who live out of state but voted as if you still live in Arkansas, you just totally screwed up this entire poll. This guy spent weeks of research and thousands of dollars preparing for this groundbreaking moment in Hogville history and you guys just [CENSORED] up the whole thing.

Fwiw, the "out of state" option seemed too vague to me. So since southeast Arkansas is closer to Florida......

That's it Led, get these jackwagons in line. Geez a simply poll and we screwed it up.

Imagine what our oline would look like if we were in charge of it. Wait that is a different thread. Crap I'm screwing up this thread.  ;)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 22, 2016, 05:39:11 am
That's it Led, get these jackwagons in line. Geez a simply poll and we screwed it up.

Imagine what our oline would look like if we were in charge of it. Wait that is a different thread. Crap I'm screwing up this thread.  ;)

Well, as long as you say you are sorry and you really mean it......

And I hope you voted that you live in Northeast Arkansas since it is closest to Chicago. Come to think of it, maybe we all should have voted for Southeast Arkansas, that way ricepig would feel sorry for us and put another game or two back in Little Rock.

Lanny

NW Arkansas wins this poll every time
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 21, 2016, 07:08:22 am
It's part of North Louisiana - isn't it?  ;)
LOL it feels like it sometimes. Especially before bielema came along. The LSU presence was really starting to grow around here. They even had a few billboard up here and there
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

nchogg

Born and raised in Little Rock so always been a Hog fan and moved out of Arkansas in 1988. It was great once the internet came alive and was able to keep up with the Hogs. Before would catch a game here or there on tv. Now in this day and age I don't miss one game. Born a Hog always a Hog. Go Hogs!

bphi11ips

Quote from: LZH on April 22, 2016, 05:35:45 am

Wasn't an out of state option when I responded.  No frito pie, either.  Therefore the entire poll is invalid.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.