Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA Today Analyst breaks down Arkansas RB Collins and JWill

Started by WizardofhOgZ, April 20, 2016, 09:48:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hogs run wild

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 20, 2016, 11:25:21 am
This quote is all I need to know that this analyst has never seen AC. Alex has exceptional lateral movement without losing speed.

Stiff in the hips and doesn't possess elite lateral agility.
i was just about to post the same thing.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

sickboy

Man, I'm so bummed we didn't get to watch JWill this past season. The year off really made me forget how freaking awesome he was. What a bulldozer.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 20, 2016, 12:11:33 pm
i was just about to post the same thing.

The two knocks I have on AC is his lack of elite speed. He is fast though. Also his ball security. He can work on both if he tries and I think he will.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

alohawg

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 20, 2016, 12:29:32 pm
The two knocks I have on AC is his lack of elite speed. He is fast though. Also his ball security. He can work on both if he tries and I think he will.

That's all I got too, one can be fixed and the other isn't devastating.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Ramboar

AC is Emmitt Smith 2.0 he  will have a pro bowl career, hide and watch. I think J Will reminds me of Eddie George, will turn tons of heads!
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Tejano Jawg

Pretty good write-up on both. As for Collins "stiff hips" comment, those guys have to come up with something to say, even if they're reaching. We always talked about his lack of homerun ability, but there's no doubt what he was able to do on plenty of 10 to 50 yard runs. Many were just amazing.

Watching those clips of Jonathan Williams, still makes me a little sad about not having him on the field last year. No slight of Collins, because he was great, but I'll say again that Jon Williams' absence cost us a real shot at the SEC prize, or, a top-level (BCS level) bowl. I know he didn't play deep safety in coverage, didn't rush the passer, and didn't block on field goal attempts...but we don't lose those 3 games in a row early last year with him playing. He was our best RB since McFadden, and he could do everything. His numbers were strong, but he (like DMac and Felix) really needed to be seen with your own eyes. Speed, agility, power and he absolutely did not want to be tackled.

Topping things off, both of these guys seem like quality dudes. 2 teams are really going to benefit.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RedyorNot

Interesting he thinks JWill is taken in the 2nd round and AC the 3rd, especially with the foot injury.