Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Suites In The East Outdoor Club Area

Started by The Marmot, April 19, 2016, 10:30:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marmot

April 19, 2016, 10:30:48 am Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:11:02 am by The Marmot
Just got out of a meeting with East outdoor club seat holders and RF representatives including Scott Varady, John Matsko and Coach DeBriyn. They went into more detail about the plans to construct new luxury suites in the east outdoor area and how this will affect current tickets holders in that area. They sent letters about this to us several weeks ago as well

Things stay the same for the next 2 seasons but after 2017 we will be reseated in some fashion. They laid out some options such as getting top priority within our respective RF donation level (Big Hog, Tush Hog, etc) when choosing new seats within the next 2 years, having preference within our RF donation level to choose newly constructed seats, etc. These new suites are part of the initial fund raising for the expansion, and are supposed much nicer and high-end than the existing suites. They expect to build 6 to 10 of them, and already have commitments for 5 of them.

There was quite a bit of disappointment within the ticket holders at the meeting, especially the very-long term holders, and lots of questions were asked. But I will say that Scott and John were very open and informative, and the RF seems ready to work through the issues in the best way they can. A jumbotron on the south end is part of the overall plan btw.

They are travelling to Jonesboro and LR to have similar meetings
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: The Marmot on April 19, 2016, 10:30:48 am
Just got out of a meeting with East outdoor club seat and RF representatives including Scott Varady, John Matsko and Coach DeBriyn. They went into more detail about the plans to construct new luxury suites in the east outdoor area and how this will affect current tickets holders in that area. They sent letters about this to us several weeks ago as well

Things stay the same for the next 2 seasons but after 2017 we will be reseated in some fashion. They laid out some options such as getting top priority within our respective RF donation level (Big Hog, Tush Hog, etc) when choosing new seats within the next 2 years, having preference within our RF donation level to choose newly constructed seats, etc. These new suites are part of the initial fund raising for the expansion, and are supposed much nicer and high-end than the existing suites. They expect to build 6 to 10 of them, and already have commitments for 5 of them.

There was quite a bit of disappointment within the ticket holders at the meeting, especially the very-long term holders, and lots of questions were asked. But I will say that Scott and John were very open and informative, and the RF seems ready to work through the issues in the best way they can. A jumbotron on the south end is part of the overall plan btw.

I knew they had some plans to incorporate the old Bogle Academic Center into suite/club amenities on the East side, is this part of the plan?

The Marmot

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2016, 10:46:52 am
I knew they had some plans to incorporate the old Bogle Academic Center into suite/club amenities on the East side, is this part of the plan?

Not sure about that specifically, but they did say that there are many smaller renovations and amenities that will accompany the larger north end zone renovation.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: The Marmot on April 19, 2016, 10:58:50 am
Not sure about that specifically, but they did say that there are many smaller renovations and amenities that will accompany the larger north end zone renovation.

Ok, I knew they had planned to turn that space into better food options for EOC, but didn't know of the plans you mentioned. I had EOC until 2006 and switched to SOC. The food options on the EOC were limited and we always went up to the indoor to get something to eat. I saw where Long said some more news was coming soon on the expansion.

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2016, 10:46:52 am

Yes.  They are creating what I would call a "super suite" area that is going to be unbelievably nice.  All suites in the stadium are to be renovated by the way.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on April 19, 2016, 11:29:40 am
Yes.  They are creating what I would call a "super suite" area that is going to be unbelievably nice.  All suites in the stadium are to be renovated by the way.

Yeah I knew they were upgrading them, especially the older ones.

madxbayhog

Going to the LR meeting tonight. Anxious to hear what they have to say.

hogmolar

I believe there is also going to be a meeting prior to the Red/White game on Sat.

The Marmot

Quote from: hogmolar on April 19, 2016, 01:03:32 pm
I believe there is also going to be a meeting prior to the Red/White game on Sat.

Yes, in F'ville.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: The Marmot on April 19, 2016, 02:11:09 pm
Yes, in F'ville.

Just adding to the GSD, thank goodness Shields has left the house........

Hawgar The Horrible

Surely these improvements required some architectural drawings of some sort. Where are the damn pictures?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 19, 2016, 07:05:51 pm
Surely these improvements required some architectural drawings of some sort. Where are the damn pictures?

We're going to charge to view them, $40m, you know......

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: The Marmot on April 19, 2016, 10:30:48 am
Just got out of a meeting with East outdoor club seat and RF representatives including Scott Varady, John Matsko and Coach DeBriyn. They went into more detail about the plans to construct new luxury suites in the east outdoor area and how this will affect current tickets holders in that area. They sent letters about this to us several weeks ago as well

Was the disappointment about the designs or that some people are going to have lose their current seats?
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

3kgthog

And how much will those of us not in a suite have to pay for your seating upgrade? We're already seeing part of it this year, so I'm just curious how much worse it's going to get for the other 98% of us.

The Marmot

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 20, 2016, 02:30:13 am
Was the disappointment about the designs or that some people are going to have lose their current seats?

Losing seats. They don't have any designs or drawings finalized for public view yet.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 20, 2016, 08:40:52 am
And how much will those of us not in a suite have to pay for your seating upgrade? We're already seeing part of it this year, so I'm just curious how much worse it's going to get for the other 98% of us.

They don't have pricing finalized either. They did say that the east outdoor seats will not change in price for the next 2 years.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ricepig

Nada, nothing, zilch. Those suites are already paying for your seats. The suites account for roughly 2,000 seats in the 72,000-seat Razorback stadium. Those 2,000 seats, and about 630 standing-room-only suites, account for 16 percent of UA's football ticket-sales revenue.

Tim Harris

I will be at the one Saturday morning.  Interested in seeing how this all shakes out over the next couple years.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2016, 11:26:13 am
Ok, I knew they had planned to turn that space into better food options for EOC, but didn't know of the plans you mentioned. I had EOC until 2006 and switched to SOC. The food options on the EOC were limited and we always went up to the indoor to get something to eat. I saw where Long said some more news was coming soon on the expansion.

That is the biggest down side to seats in EOC.  Food options pretty much don't exist.  You have to go up stairs.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 20, 2016, 12:02:37 pm
That is the biggest down side to seats in EOC.  Food options pretty much don't exist.  You have to go up stairs.

I know this was mentioned when the first announced all the improvements on the expansion, I would imagine it will be addressed.

BLS50

I attended the meeting in Little Rock last night.  While I appreciated the RF leadership having the meeting, and their willingness and transparency, I did not like the message delivered.  I very much enjoy sitting in the East Outdoor Club area.....to me, best seats in the house, by far.  In the previous survey, I honestly answered support for closing in the North End Zone.  Also indicated I had no desire to sit in the end zone.  I was never asked if I wanted to give up my seat in the East Outdoor Club area.  Also did not see anything in the public information for the bond issue proposal concerning the East Outdoor Club.  For those of you considering going to the meeting Saturday in Fayetteville, please go. Please listen and ask questions.

idochog

So I gather EOC seats are about to become suites?
I love Jesus!

The Marmot

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

arky37

Anyone know which sections in the East Outdoor Club will be affected by the new suites?

madxbayhog

1 Apr 2016
Anyone know which sections in the East Outdoor Club will be affected by the new suites?

From what I understand it will be the sections between the 25 yard lines.

ricepig

Quote from: madxbayhog on April 21, 2016, 12:25:04 pm
1 Apr 2016

From what I understand it will be the sections between the 25 yard lines.

Just the sorry seats........

JoeHawg

Ill be at the meeting Sat    Suite 347 and no one outside subsidizes those suites except the people that pay for them     It holds 20  I sell most of them to friends   I also have 6 in SEZ         great seats between goalposts second section up      If and when I give up the suite  the outdoor seats I keep   
Once a Hog Always a Hog

ricepig

Quote from: JoeHawg on April 21, 2016, 02:02:09 pm
Ill be at the meeting Sat    Suite 347 and no one outside subsidizes those suites except the people that pay for them     It holds 20  I sell most of them to friends   I also have 6 in SEZ         great seats between goalposts second section up      If and when I give up the suite  the outdoor seats I keep   

The vast majority of fans, and ticket buyers know that, well Uncle Sam subsidizes everyone who contributes to a 501 3(C), but some complain about everything.

woodhog14

Nothing. The people that by the suites will pay for it. Come on man..

BLS50

If I understand it correctly, there are 1600 seats in the East Outdoor Club area.  As the person above indicated "between the 25 yard lines".  The reality, evidently.....depending on how many suites are constructed, a huge number (1000 +) of loyal Razorback fans who sit in the East Outdoor Club area, will be relocated somewhere else in RRS for the 2018 season. Yes, the individuals or donors who purchase the suites built where those fans currently sit (best seats in the house to me)....will raise a large amount of the $40 Million needed to go along with the $160 Million Bond Issue.  Their huge $$$ contribution is to be appreciated. I get that.  However, if the Board approves this action, I hope what is not lost on the board is a large number of fans will pay a different kind of price, by moving to other areas of RRS.  In the big scheme of things, is that a big deal?  No.  As a fan, i strongly support making improvements to the stadium, and the fan experience. Just wish they had asked up front, rather than being told after the course of action decided (assuming the Board approves the action). The survey I received about the North End Zone never asked me if I wanted to give up my current seats so the East Outdoor Club could become suites, along with the North End Zone project.  Reckon I will enjoy sitting in the East Outdoor Club this year and next, and then find a new seat elsewhere to cheer on our Hogs.  My Dad took me to my first Hog game in 1966, and I hope to keep going for a long time to come. Now, if you really want to help the fan experience, please put those nice chairs all over the lower bowl bleacher area.  :-) 

ricepig

Quote from: BLS50 on April 21, 2016, 04:09:16 pm
If I understand it correctly, there are 1600 seats in the East Outdoor Club area.  As the person above indicated "between the 25 yard lines".  The reality, evidently.....depending on how many suites are constructed, a huge number (1000 +) of loyal Razorback fans who sit in the East Outdoor Club area, will be relocated somewhere else in RRS for the 2018 season. Yes, the individuals or donors who purchase the suites built where those fans currently sit (best seats in the house to me)....will raise a large amount of the $40 Million needed to go along with the $160 Million Bond Issue.  Their huge $$$ contribution is to be appreciated. I get that.  However, if the Board approves this action, I hope what is not lost on the board is a large number of fans will pay a different kind of price, by moving to other areas of RRS.  In the big scheme of things, is that a big deal?  No.  As a fan, i strongly support making improvements to the stadium, and the fan experience. Just wish they had asked up front, rather than being told after the course of action decided (assuming the Board approves the action). The survey I received about the North End Zone never asked me if I wanted to give up my current seats so the East Outdoor Club could become suites, along with the North End Zone project.  Reckon I will enjoy sitting in the East Outdoor Club this year and next, and then find a new seat elsewhere to cheer on our Hogs.  My Dad took me to my first Hog game in 1966, and I hope to keep going for a long time to come. Now, if you really want to help the fan experience, please put those nice chairs all over the lower bowl bleacher area.  :-) 

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of the North End Zone plans, but this seems like a little dirty poker to me. Now, I moved from about the 15yard line EOC back in 2007 to the SOC. I had front row seats, but needed to add to my 4 and would have had a row under the overhang, great for the setting sun and rain, but suck for watching the big board. My SOC seats have a great view of the screen and were a little cheaper at one time. I'm considering a Loge box in the North end zone, if we still go that way. That's if the video board, or boards is decent size.

BPsTheMan

BLS50

I have no doubt that what they end up doing with the North End Zone will be amazing.  Lots of options that will fit different needs. And I assume another great scoreboard for you to see from that vantage point.

ricepig

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2016, 04:27:19 pm
You can't squeeze as many in......

diminishing returns

folks often skip the games because of it

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 21, 2016, 04:29:20 pm
diminishing returns

Aren't you suppose to stand all game?

Tim Harris

Based on this mornings meeting they estimate to have 700-900 EOC seats remaining. The suites will be between the 30s.

Also the A club and Bogle Learning Center are being moved so they can provide better amenities to the clubs and remaining EOC seats.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 23, 2016, 09:55:25 am
Based on this mornings meeting they estimate to have 700-900 EOC seats remaining. The suites will be between the 30s.

Also the A club and Bogle Learning Center are being moved so they can provide better amenities to the clubs and remaining EOC seats.

Yeah, wasn't much of a need for the Bogle Center with the new Jones SAC. I noticed that Pryor said in today's ADG that he still opposes the expansion. He wasn't worried about the $40m, although he wanted some transparency in the process, including the fund raising. He also questioned the bond amount since the state isn't providing more for higher education, not sure how these are connected in any way, lol. And finally, was this going to provide more general admission or student seating. My take from that, he doesn't watch the games on TV, or sits in a suite on the East side.

opineonswine

Quote from: arky37 on April 21, 2016, 09:42:18 am

Between the 26 yard line on the north and the 14 yard line on the south.  10 suites are planned.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on April 23, 2016, 10:22:49 am
Between the 30's basically.  10 suites are planned.

Are those 10 suites going to have outside seating like Baum? I would think so, or you were going to block the view of those sitting on the 29yea line in the club seats.

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2016, 10:25:50 am
Are those 10 suites going to have outside seating like Baum?

I corrected myself after I took another look.  It's between the 26 yard line on the north and the 14 yard line on the south...and no, no outdoor seating.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 21, 2016, 04:29:20 pm
diminishing returns

Maybe they should skip a few meals instead.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on April 23, 2016, 10:29:01 am
I corrected myself after I took another look.  It's between the 26 yard line on the north and the 14 yard line on the south...and no, no outdoor seating.

Hmm.....I'm not sure I want row 5 on the 25yrd line on the north end, then. I guess it will be better than it sounds/appears, but it would seem I'd get a view of the suite next to me when looking south.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 23, 2016, 09:55:25 am

According to the answer to Pryor, will lose 637 EOC seats in the Founder's suites conversion, gain 300 suite seats. If I read it correctly.

BLS50

I don't know what ground truth is.  In Little Rock, we were told between 1000 and 1300 seats would be taken, and turned into Suites.  When I saw the article this morning and the number 637.....made me go hmmmmmm. 

Tim Harris

They won't know the final number until they have an approved plan.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 23, 2016, 03:05:59 pm
They won't know the final number until they have an approved plan.

True, I was just using their numbers.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2016, 10:07:26 am
Yeah, wasn't much of a need for the Bogle Center with the new Jones SAC. I noticed that Pryor said in today's ADG that he still opposes the expansion. He wasn't worried about the $40m, although he wanted some transparency in the process, including the fund raising. He also questioned the bond amount since the state isn't providing more for higher education, not sure how these are connected in any way, lol. And finally, was this going to provide more general admission or student seating. My take from that, he doesn't watch the games on TV, or sits in a suite on the East side.
I don't understand how he still thinks the UofA is using government money to fund the athletic program.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"