Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lattimore can't join SC staff?

Started by bennyl08, April 16, 2016, 01:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/ncaa-wont-allow-lattimore-to-join-gamecocks-staff/

NCAA said he can't join the gamecock's staff because that would present an unfair recruiting advantage. This doesn't make any sense. Lattimore is exactly a story of why you wouldn't want to go there because at the time, Spurrier was so uncreative with his offense that he'd run the only good players they have into the ground.

Why can Arkansas have guys like Cook, Small, and Price on our staffs but not SC have Lattimore? Are our guys some different classification of what SC wanted to hire Marcus at?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pulled(PP)pork

bennyl08

April 16, 2016, 01:16:48 pm #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:45:16 pm by bennyl08
Wow, <34 seconds for the first reply.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 16, 2016, 01:15:27 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/ncaa-wont-allow-lattimore-to-join-gamecocks-staff/

NCAA said he can't join the gamecock's staff because that would present an unfair recruiting advantage. This doesn't make any sense. Lattimore is exactly a story of why you wouldn't want to go there because at the time, Spurrier was so uncreative with his offense that he'd run the only good players they have into the ground.

Why can Arkansas have guys like Cook, Small, and Price on our staffs but not SC have Lattimore? Are our guys some different classification of what SC wanted to hire Marcus at?

By his own admission, he doesn't even want to be an active part of the coaching staff. He can still speak to the team and be involved. But if he did want to be a part of the coaching staff and was hired and assigned the typical responsibilities of that of any other coach on staff, the NCAA shouldn't have any say-so whatsoever. I suspect however, that wasn't S. Carolina's intent.
Go Hogs Go!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 16, 2016, 01:22:24 pm
By his own admission, he doesn't even want to be an active part of the coaching staff. He can still speak to the team and be involved. But if he did want to be a part of the coaching staff and was hired and assigned the typical responsibilities of that of any other coach on staff, the NCAA shouldn't have any say-so whatsoever. I suspect however, that wasn't S. Carolina's intent.
who cares what their intent is, there should be no reason he can't be hired.....unless there is a show cause

PP

TrueBlue

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 16, 2016, 01:22:24 pm

He doesn't want to coach and he runs his own football camps (CFA version of AAU basketball). A "consultant" that would direct players to SC through his own camps is the problem. If Lattimore wants a position, he needs to disassociate himself from the camps and accept a coaching position...but that is not what he wants. He wants a consistent paycheck and to occasionally speak to the team while running his camps. The NCAA has this one right for a change.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 16, 2016, 01:34:00 pm
He doesn't want to coach and he runs his own football camps (CFA version of AAU basketball). A "consultant" that would direct players to SC through his own camps is the problem. If Lattimore wants a position, he needs to disassociate himself from the camps and accept a coaching position...but that is not what he wants. He wants a consistent paycheck and to occasionally speak to the team while running his camps. The NCAA has this one right for a change.

Yep. You right.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Jumped off the outrage train.

Yep.  This would be a problem.
Too easy to promote his camps this way.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

bennyl08

That what a person gets for ever reading an sds article, huh?

Doug

Let's also not forget... he forewent his Senior season. Did he get his degree?

And a bit of confirmation about the football camps:

https://twitter.com/TonyBruin/status/721336811482587136

https://twitter.com/TonyBruin/status/721337093872418816
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

dhizzle

Thanks for the context. He can't be hired if he runs camps.

Inhogswetrust

If true then that proves some were judging and deciding before they knew all the facts.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 17, 2016, 07:52:43 am
If true then that proves some were judging and deciding before they knew all the facts.   
That can happen when the first reply comes in <33.   ;D
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

longpig

Thank you.  Early on, CBB mentioned complications to using Kiero on staff because of his ongoing ties to the NFL as well.
Don't be scared, be smart.

WJBilly

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 17, 2016, 07:52:43 am
Heaven forbid that should ever happen on Hogville.

DeltaBoy

Good call for the NCAA.  This is another Blind Squirrel moment.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.