Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Board of Trustees to vote on RRS expansion next week

Started by ricepig, March 24, 2016, 08:30:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 27, 2016, 10:11:42 am
People throw a fit because all games aren't in Fayetteville, but they also want to throw a fit because the games there won't sell out. You people are hilarious.

No need to respond, y'all know where I stand.

Yeah, anyone complaining about attendance who doesn't attend the games, has no ground to stand on. But back to the subject, I wonder how much remodeling of the older suites they plan on doing, those on the west side?

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 10:14:45 am
Yeah, anyone complaining about attendance who doesn't attend the games, has no ground to stand on. But back to the subject, I wonder how much remodeling of the older suites they plan on doing, those on the west side?

I started going to games in 1977 ricepig, you know this. Became an RF member thru my daddy when I was in my twenties, so I'd say I have earned the right to voice my opinion when someone pops off an inflammatory GSD comment like that.

Not that you care.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 27, 2016, 10:29:30 am
I started going to games in 1977 ricepig, you know this. Became an RF member thru my daddy when I was in my twenties, so I'd say I have earned the right to voice my opinion when someone pops off an inflammatory GSD comment like that.

Not that you care.

Oh, you can voice your opinion, it just doesn't hold much water. It has nothing to do with GSD, my statement fits both stadiums as far as attendance and those who complain about it at either.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 27, 2016, 10:06:43 am
You should spend some time in the Boston Mountains, then.  They're real mountains, not like the plateau Fayetteville is built on. 

Geologically speaking the Boston mountains ARE a part of the Ozark Plateau....................I knew that even before I took my geology class at the UA.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on March 27, 2016, 10:11:42 am
People throw a fit because all games aren't in Fayetteville, but they also want to throw a fit because the games there won't sell out. You people are hilarious.

No need to respond, y'all know where I stand.

Usually not the same people.................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 10:48:57 am
Usually not the same people.................

I just think it's fairly relevant. Sort of reminds me of the Grand Gulf nuclear plant LOL.

factchecker

"Selling Out" is an inflated phrase.

Is it all that impressive for a school to sell out a venue that barely seats the capacity of a Texas high school football stadium?

Why not rebuild the stadium to only hold 60k if selling out is the only goal.

Don't get me wrong.  I understand the goal of selling out.  No matter the size of the stadium 15k or 150k ..... you want to sell out.  However, I think the ultimate goal (aside from winning) is to generate more $. 

Really think about it. 

Would you rather sell out a stadium that only seats 60,000 or sell 70,000 to a stadium that seats 72,000? 

Are you willing to throw away that extra revenue of 10,000 paid attendance just to say you sold out. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 08:51:22 am
Agree but perhaps it could have been designed or oriented differently on the property in such a way as to allow both. It really isn't that far of a distance between the south end of the stadium and the indoor practice facility/weight room.

I doubt that the addition of a gameday locker room is going to add much expense to the expansion project

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 10:14:45 am

the project should include spiffing up the west side, especially the erector set facade
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

factchecker

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 27, 2016, 11:05:01 am
the project should include spiffing up the west side, especially the erector set facade

......and the yellow brick on the Broyles center.

I hope they renovations bridge the NEZ so that the stadium has a continuous 360 degree concourse.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

Any idea why this has never been done since the expansion in 2000? It does look pretty bad.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 27, 2016, 11:01:03 am
I doubt that the addition of a gameday locker room is going to add much expense to the expansion project

Since they built the new athletic facility as is, they continued to use the old Broyles Center locker rooms for games. It needed to be updated a long time ago. Since they are going to continue that for games it makes sense to go ahead within this project and do whatever is involved with it in the gameday locker room. I have no issue with that.

greghog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 27, 2016, 09:29:11 am
Why has there never been a new 4 lane Highway built direct from Fayetteville to Conway linking it with LR? Is the terrain too difficult? One would think that with all of the business growth in NW Arkansas, this would have been a natural thing to do and, it would certainly make the trip from Little Rock to Fayetteville a little shorter and shorter as well for anyone east-southeast of LR.

I think you are kidding, but in case you are not:  It wouldn't save much time to build a road directly from Conway to Fayetteville.  Yes, you would "cut the corner" but total miles saved wouldn't be nearly enough to justify the cost.

I live in Conway and my son goes to UofA, we can be from our house to his apartment in less than 2 1/2 hours.

For Little Rock, Conway, etc. people (including me) travel to NW Arkansas is not a good excuse not to attend.  At least not nearly the excuse it was 20 years ago.  While it makes for a long day, my wife and I have gone to a 6:00 game and driven home after.  We can be home by 1:00 a.m. or earlier.  Long day?  Yes.  Makes travel cost not an issue for the most part.

Now, if we spend the night?  Then you have hotel and several meals.  That gets expensive on our budget.  We will usually do some of both ways. 

ricepig

My understanding is that any work on the west side effects Razorback Rd and they are limited in what they can do, but I agree, it needs some "covering" up.

bphi11ips

March 27, 2016, 12:01:35 pm #164 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:18:42 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 10:42:57 am

Geologically speaking the Boston mountains ARE a part of the Ozark Plateau.

Ya think?  I knew that the first time I put in at Ponca in Cub Scouts, but that doesn't mean the terrain in Fayetteville is the same as that in Newton County or Searcy County, for example.  This should give Muskogee a pretty good idea:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=washington+county+arkansas+topo+maps

You've probably made the trip over Mount Gaylor on 71 enough to remember that Alma is just over 400 feet above sea level, and Fayetteville is 1400, which probably makes it the highest city of any size on the Ozark Plateau. 

There's an old saying about the Ozarks, it's not that the mountains are so high, but that the valleys are so deep.  For example, The Buffalo River drops about 1,700 feet in 130 or so miles from its source north of Fallsville to its mouth at Buffalo City.  Here's an even better illustration of the terrain between Fayetteville and Little Rock:

http://roadsidethoughts.com/ar/fallsville-xx-newton-profile.htm

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: greghog on March 27, 2016, 11:29:06 am
I think you are kidding, but in case you are not:  It wouldn't save much time to build a road directly from Conway to Fayetteville.  Yes, you would "cut the corner" but total miles saved wouldn't be nearly enough to justify the cost.

I live in Conway and my son goes to UofA, we can be from our house to his apartment in less than 2 1/2 hours.

For Little Rock, Conway, etc. people (including me) travel to NW Arkansas is not a good excuse not to attend.  At least not nearly the excuse it was 20 years ago.  While it makes for a long day, my wife and I have gone to a 6:00 game and driven home after.  We can be home by 1:00 a.m. or earlier.  Long day?  Yes.  Makes travel cost not an issue for the most part.

Now, if we spend the night?  Then you have hotel and several meals.  That gets expensive on our budget.  We will usually do some of both ways. 

That's all fine and well, but no, I wasn't kidding. Just haven't been down in that SE corrider on a direct line between Fayetteville/Springdale to Conway much at all, as in HWY 16 I think. At least not in a long, long time.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 27, 2016, 12:01:35 pm
Ya think?  I knew that the first time I put in at Ponca in Cub Scouts, but that doesn't mean the terrain in Fayetteville is the same as that in Newton County or Searcy County, for example.  This should give Muskogee a pretty good idea:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=washington+county+arkansas+topo+maps

You've probably made the trip over Mount Gaylor on 71 enough to remember that Alma is just over 400 feet above sea level, and Fayetteville is 1400, which probably makes it the highest city of any size on the Ozark Plateau. 

There's an old saying about the Ozarks, it's not that the mountains are so high, but that the valleys are so deep.  For example, The Buffalo River drops about 1,700 feet in 130 or so miles from its source north of Fallsville to its mouth at Buffalo City.  Here's an even better illustration of the terrain between Fayetteville and Little Rock:

http://roadsidethoughts.com/ar/fallsville-xx-newton-profile.htm

OK. No problem carry on. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking that the Boston mountains weren't separated from the rest of the Ozarks geologically since the are simply the highest part. Fayetteville is on the western edges of the Ozark Plateau and northwestern edges of the Boston Mountain area of the Ozark Plateau.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 12:59:30 pm
OK. No problem carry on. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking that the Boston mountains weren't separated from the rest of the Ozarks geologically since the are simply the highest part. Fayetteville is on the western edges of the Ozark Plateau and northwestern edges of the Boston Mountain area of the Ozark Plateau.

Preaching to the choir, friend.

Inhogswetrust

March 27, 2016, 01:20:57 pm #168 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:40:44 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: bphi11ips on March 27, 2016, 01:03:42 pm
Preaching to the choir, friend.

Based on your first post about this how was I suppose to know you were in the choir.

P.S. I'll be up around Ponca in July. 

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 01:20:57 pm
Based on your first post about this how was I suppose to know you were in the choir.

P.S. I'll be up around Ponca in July. 

Don't eat the deer or elk you run over.......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 01:43:05 pm
Don't eat the deer or elk you run over.......

I know what you are referring to. Have they decided what to do about that issue?

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 01:43:53 pm
I know what you are referring to. Have they decided what to do about that issue?

It's a lot more widespread and prevalent than the thought, I don't think a final decision has been made.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 01:46:28 pm
It's a lot more widespread and prevalent than the thought, I don't think a final decision has been made.

Sad to hear.

Hogfan1660

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 24, 2016, 11:07:17 am
He said this?

"The system bothers me," Pryor said.

IIRC he sure as heck didn't do anything to hold down spending when he was a Senator. I don't think that system bothered him either as long as he was able to get reelected. Ironic I think.

^^^^This^^^^

I agree with you 100% and was soooo glad to see him and Lincoln hit the road!!!! I grew up and still live in a farming community in SE  Ar so I really see how much the farmers depend on these subsidies. I once had a prominent farmer close to us say that if Pryor and Lincoln weren't reelected that Stuttgart would be bankrupt within a year. The bad part about it is that he was dead serious when he said it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 27, 2016, 04:02:00 pm

^^^^This^^^^

I agree with you 100% and was soooo glad to see him and Lincoln hit the road!!!! I grew up and still live in a farming community in SE  Ar so I really see how much the farmers depend on these subsidies. I once had a prominent farmer close to us say that if Pryor and Lincoln weren't reelected that Stuttgart would be bankrupt within a year. The bad part about it is that he was dead serious when he said it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I resemble that remark. 😬  Seriously, we had lots of help from Cochran and Lott, and a few others. They didn't call the payment limitation avoidance, a Mississippi Christmas tree for nothing!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 27, 2016, 04:02:00 pm

^^^^This^^^^

When she ran for reelection her campaign had a fundraising dinner for women at my hotel where she spoke. I bet there wasn't a dozen women there. I knew she was beat when I saw that.

Athog

Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2016, 02:17:39 pm
More luxury boxes are great, but I think adding more seats is silly. Sell out the damn stadium every weekend before you add more empty seats. It just looks bad.

Looks bad?? To who? Certainly nobody that gives a damn about the program. The only whines are those that can't except that fact that nobody is waiting ..... Win and the stadium will be full. I believe the games this year in Fayetteville will be sold out. LR not so much. Yes everyone knows where you stand and still does not care.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Athog on March 27, 2016, 05:51:31 pm
Looks bad?? To who? Certainly nobody that gives a damn about the program. The only whines are those that can't except that fact that nobody is waiting ..... Win and the stadium will be full. I believe the games this year in Fayetteville will be sold out. LR not so much. Yes everyone knows where you stand and still does not care.
Well, I care.  When LZH ain't happy, nobody's happy.

arkmark

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 01:46:28 pm

Since the issue is so new in Arkansas I encourage those following the CWD problem to google for Wisconsin DNR CWD Testing and Wisconsin DNR CWD Policy.

CWD has been in Wisconsin for some years now and has morphed from really aggressive efforts to stem the disease to current efforts to simply test and survey. It continues its' spread through the state and is pretty much everywhere although in differing consentrations within the local herds.

One consistant effort has been a crack down preventing the movement of live dear by humans into and around the state.  There is a belief that the disease may have been introduced to the state via a captive herd that broke containment.  The fact is though, like Arkansas, CWD was inevitable.

All in all it really is a wait, research and hope for a viable answer to the problem up there right now.  We have an introduced population of Elk which is one of the areas that is maybe the least infected and the hope is the Elk will survive.  I hope so but this is going to be a long term issue.

Supermark101

March 27, 2016, 06:26:41 pm #179 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:43:17 pm by Supermark101
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2016, 08:51:22 am
Agree but perhaps it could have been designed or oriented differently on the property in such a way as to allow both. It really isn't that far of a distance between the south end of the stadium and the indoor practice facility/weight room. 

The center is closer to the visitors end. On Game day they drive thier semi trucks in there. You can't block that. You can't attach the other side because of Barnhill and the TV crew needing access to where they set up.

Quote from: factchecker on March 27, 2016, 11:10:41 am
......and the yellow brick on the Broyles center.

I hope they renovations bridge the NEZ so that the stadium has a continuous 360 degree concourse.

That is a part of the plan.

lutherheggs

I hope the BOT votes in favor of it. Then I hope the U of A raises all ticket prices across the board by 25% and jacks up RF donation requirement by double digit percentages to pay for it. Will be fun to watch that go down.

ricepig

Quote from: lutherheggs on March 27, 2016, 08:18:35 pm
I hope the BOT votes in favor of it. Then I hope the U of A raises all ticket prices across the board by 25% and jacks up RF donation requirement by double digit percentages to pay for it. Will be fun to watch that go down.

I guess you've missed the announced changes in ticket prices???

Hogs-n-Roses

Great info from those(BPH..) and thanks for the time spent on gathering it. Don't really see anything we can argue bout here. Gotta keep up with the Jones es right? Looks like a great addition to our stadium although I had wished for a more full enclosier that went up higher on each side of the big screen.  I see the argument about not wanting a big empty eyesore down at that end also. Winning would cure that evil though.

justmakeit2thebcs

This RRS renovation/expansion has been studied and researched for over 2 years.  For those against it in it's proposed form, what makes you think you have a better answer than 2+ years of research and study?  Are you the same ones that don't breakdown film or attend practice each week, yet still have a better game plan than the coaches? 

Supermark101

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 28, 2016, 01:23:35 pm
This RRS renovation/expansion has been studied and researched for over 2 years.  For those against it in it's proposed form, what makes you think you have a better answer than 2+ years of research and study?  Are you the same ones that don't breakdown film or attend practice each week, yet still have a better game plan than the coaches? 

Apparently we can't win the SEC without 90,000 seats, so we should wait till we can sell 90,000.

From reading on here and talking to people personally, the biggest issue seems to that "their" money going to pay for something that only the wealthy will get to use. I really don't see why anyone would be against the plan itself. I really don't.

I hang up and listen to what others think.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 28, 2016, 06:51:48 pm
Apparently we can't win the SEC without 90,000 seats, so we should wait till we can sell 90,000.

From reading on here and talking to people personally, the biggest issue seems to that "their" money going to pay for something that only the wealthy will get to use. I really don't see why anyone would be against the plan itself. I really don't.

You don't have to be wealthy to have a club seat. I have had two for years in the SEZ and I'm FAR from wealthy. How was that expansion paid for?

opineonswine

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2016, 11:09:00 am
I believe they need more club, suite type seats. I sit in the SEZ outdoor club seats. I pay more for that privilege. The seats that they proposed on the top of the SEZ were suppose to be regular priced seats and they are far away from the field. It doesn't make sense to add those type seats when the sideline upper decks aren't selling out now. Remember how they used to put up bleacher seats there on a temporary basis? Everyone complained about them that sat up there. What they are doing now with the students having that area for them if they desire is smart in my opinion. IIRC almost, if not all, of the proposed seats in the North expansion are upgrades as well. THOSE are the type that are in demand. Plus everyone keeps saying close in the north end zone. Here's our chance to get more revenue and do that. THEN if we need to ever add more regular seats then we can still do so on top of BOTH end zones. If I was a betting man though I'd bet more club/suite type suites would be added before that on top on the new North expansion or south end zone either. We also need new game day locker rooms and such which is a part of this project. That being said I always thought when the new athletic facility just south of the stadium it should have been close enough to use that new locker room and such all the time even for games. The Broyles center is way past it's prime.

I believe you misunderstood my post.  I was basically saying the same thing as this.  The previous poster was saying we need more "regular Joe" seats and more capacity.  I was making the point, obviously not very well, that we don't need additional bleacher seating.  I FULLY support the plan to modernize and renovate the stadium as proposed by Jeff Long.

bphi11ips

No team with a current capacity of less than 87,500 has won the SEC since Arkansas joined the conference. 

Supermark101

March 28, 2016, 10:11:43 pm #188 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:02:03 pm by Supermark101
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 28, 2016, 07:11:40 pm
You don't have to be wealthy to have a club seat. I have had two for years in the SEZ and I'm FAR from wealthy. How was that expansion paid for?

Exactly, I've more than one person tell me that's why they don't like it, and it just makes me shake my head.

Pig in the Pokey

i mean, NO ONE EVER HAS!!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 28, 2016, 10:07:38 pm
No team with a current capacity of less than 87,500 has won the SEC since Arkansas joined the conference. 

So, the ones they won with less than 87,500 since we joined don't count?

Supermark101

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 28, 2016, 10:18:21 pm
i mean, NO ONE EVER HAS!!!!

Auburn and Florida doesn't have a 90,000 seat capacity  :P Granted Auburn does have a plan to expand to 96,000.

Ole Miss only has a 58,580 seat capacity and they were a 4th and 25 from likely winning the SEC, last year.

To think attendance has that much to do with winning is silly. A recruit might think playing in front of 100,000 is neat, but he is not basing his decision on it.

Attendance is a byproduct of winning. It's not a chicken or the egg situation.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 28, 2016, 10:59:02 pm

Auburn and Florida doesn't have a 90,000 seat capacity  :P Granted Auburn does have a plan to expand to 96,000.

Ole Miss only has a 58,580 seat capacity and they were a 4th and 25 from likely winning the SEC, last year.

To think attendance has that much to do with winning is silly. A recruit might think playing in front of 100,000 is neat, but he is not basing his decision on it.

Attendance is a byproduct of winning. It's not a chicken or the egg situation.

As far as you know.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2016, 10:21:00 pm
So, the ones they won with less than 87,500 since we joined don't count?

In 1993, 85,000 saw Auburn and Alabama play at Jordan-Hare, while 47,000 watched on close circuit television at Bryant-Denny. 

Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia.  The six teams to have won SEC championships since 1991 happen to have had the six largest stadiums.  A&M now has the largest, but they haven't been around long.

And the capacity for virtually all of those stadiums since 1991 has been over 80,000, some over 90,000. 

Arkansas has to do only one thing to create demand for general seating -  win more games.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 29, 2016, 07:41:32 am
In 1993, 85,000 saw Auburn and Alabama play at Jordan-Hare, while 47,000 watched on close circuit television at Bryant-Denny. 

Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia.  The six teams to have won SEC championships since 1991 happen to have had the six largest stadiums.  A&M now has the largest, but they haven't been around long.

And the capacity for virtually all of those stadiums since 1991 has been over 80,000, some over 90,000. 

Arkansas has to do only one thing to create demand for general seating -  win more games.

Which has nothing to do with winning league championships, lol. I do agree that winning will increase the demand for more general seating. We can quickly add to the upper deck in the SEZ if we sell out all of our season tickets on a consistent basis.

Redhogs

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 29, 2016, 07:41:32 am

"Arkansas has to do only one thing to create demand for general seating -  win more games."......exactly right.....just like CBP's winning had a whole lot to do with the new football operations center getting built, like him or not.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

spe450

Quote from: LZH on March 27, 2016, 11:20:32 am
Any idea why this has never been done since the expansion in 2000? It does look pretty bad.

Probably has to do with how little room there is between the building and the road as it is.  It's a pretty tight sidewalk on game days.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ricepig on March 29, 2016, 07:50:36 am
Which has nothing to do with winning league championships, lol. I do agree that winning will increase the demand for more general seating. We can quickly add to the upper deck in the SEZ if we sell out all of our season tickets on a consistent basis.

I think this is the point a lot of people are missing.  It's not the "the team is winning, and I want to go watch them now" crowd that the UA wants to lure and cater to.  It's the season ticket holders who come win lose or draw, and renew every season.  When there's a waiting list for luxury boxes, we're going to see a move toward more luxury boxes even if we're seeing empty general admission seats.   

As I'm typing, there are bean counters identifying exactly how many people renew, drop, and how many new buyers there are every year.  The trick is...keeping that number as high as possible regardless of the outcome on the field.  Season ticket holders are committed...even if we lose the first game to Toledo, while the general admission/single game buyers can decide one game is enough.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hogcard1964

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on March 29, 2016, 07:50:36 am

How sure are you that the number of seats in a stadium has nothing to do with winning league championships?  Have you ever been inside Neyland Stadium, full or empty?  Do you appreciate the impact massive SEC stadiums have on recruits, both when they visit and when they see them full every Saturday on television? 

I do believe the expansion is a good idea and believe the administration has implemented the best plan available to fund it now.  I don't believe it gets us where we need to be in 5 to 10 years and believe that low-level end-zone seats at $2,500 a pop ($1,500 donation plus $1,000 approximate season ticket price based upon current pricing for existing premium seating) may be a harder sell long-term than some think.  Can we put bleachers on top of them?  Sure, but that's sort of bass-ackwards for premium seating which is usually high enough to clearly see all of the field (even in the end zone). 

The expansion is a good idea for branding and imaging, and therefore, I think it will have a positive impact on recruiting.  It will positively influence the game day atmosphere, if for no other reason that the stadium will be enclosed.  On the other hand, is it appropriate to question the expense and the potential to compromise long-term expansion alternatives? 

Frank Broyles famously said that Arkansas is 7th or 8th in resources in the SEC.  He was, of course, right at the time, and A&M has joined the league since.  A look at seating capacity almost directly correlates with conference tradition and resources.  A&M is the only exception, and they have spent a ton of money lately to get Aggie facilities up to SEC elite standards.  That has been reflected in their recruiting rankings. 

My biggest fear is that we have accepted our position in the conference, believe we can't build it bigger, and are settling for a short-term solution.  But I can't wait to go to a game when it's finished, and I'll probably sit in a north end zone seat.