Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liangelo Ball

Started by skinnypig, November 07, 2017, 09:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 09:06:04 am
I want them to face the same punishment anyone caught shoplifting in China faces. Just as I would want a Chinese citizen caught shoplifting in the US to face the same punishment here as anyone else.

I agree.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MakingPlays

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 09, 2017, 07:01:31 am
Same strategy of making outrageous statements to get free press got Trump elected President and he is praised for being media savvy. Lavar does it to make money for his family and he gets called a pimp.

What's the difference in these two men? Hmm....

Dude you read my mind, I didn't wanna be the guy to bring it up though :).  But yea, you get it, same people that hate Lavar are the same people that love Trump.  That's why I like arguing with them and calling out their contradictions, it's hilarious to me.

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 06:38:25 am
Yes. We'll have to agree to disagree.

He didn't shop schools cuz the whole goal was to get the kids to play in LA. He wouldn't allow his son to even work out for the Celtics cuz he wanted them in LA. Why? Cuz that's where the biggest market is in the nation.

And are you really comparing his target on his back to Bird, Magic, Jordan, and LeBron? Really? The greatest players of all time? He can't hit the broad side of a barn with his ugly shot. And Jeremy Lin? Everybody liked Lin and his career was based on 5 games. So no, Lin wasn't even close to having the same target.

Lonzo is despised by the entire league as much as can be possible when your not an elite player all because of his dad running his mouth about them. That's it. Not cuz he's great. Not cuz of any shoe deal. He has a target cuz his dad has pushed him into the spotlight as an annoyance to the league in the benefit of his brand.

Btw...shoe companies are NOT fighting over him.

Yes, I am comparing him to them, same way Magic Johnson compared himself to Lonzo saying he expects him to hang banners and his number to be retired when he's done playing.  Those are Magic Johnson's words.  They want him to have high expectations, with those expectations a target comes with it, whether his Dad talks or not.  Now whether he lives up to it is a completely different topic.   

And yes, several shoe companies have made offers to Lonzo Ball and he's even joked and said he's trying to start a bidding war between them, that has been reported several times, it can be googled easily.  Any shoe company would love to have all the publicity that Lonzo gets.  Lakers went from hardly getting any national games last year, to now almost all their games are on national TV, simply because people want to see Lonzo play.  You can hate his Dad all you want, but he's probably the reason that Lonzo is arguably the most talked about player in the league, and why your sitting here talking about him right now and giving their brand free advertisement.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 12:14:42 pm
Yes, I am comparing him to them, same way Magic Johnson compared himself to Lonzo saying he expects him to hang banners and his number to be retired when he's done playing.  Those are Magic Johnson's words.  They want him to have high expectations, with those expectations a target comes with it, whether his Dad talks or not.  Now whether he lives up to it is a completely different topic.   

And yes, several shoe companies have made offers to Lonzo Ball and he's even joked and said he's trying to start a bidding war between them, that has been reported several times, it can be googled easily.  Any shoe company would love to have all the publicity that Lonzo gets.  Lakers went from hardly getting any national games last year, to now almost all their games are on national TV, simply because people want to see Lonzo play.  You can hate his Dad all you want, but he's probably the reason that Lonzo is arguably the most talked about player in the league, and why your sitting here talking about him right now and giving their brand free advertisement.

Magic drafted a hyped player...what else is he gonna say?

Surely you're not insinuating the that target on Lonzo's back would be the same had his dad never forced his way into the limelight. Lavar literally turned Lonzo into one of the most despised players in the NBA (by the players) before he even stepped into the court. How...cuz of his dad who wanted to promote his own brand.

Whether he lives up to the hype is up to Lonzo and while I know it's early, but he's struggling big time. Stephen A is already talking "bust" status with him. Maybe he just wasn't as good as some thought or maybe the target his dad put on him is starting to effect him. It's all speculation, but the fact is that Lavar has turned his sons into a sideshow for his own benefit.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 12:04:16 pm
Dude you read my mind, I didn't wanna be the guy to bring it up though :).  But yea, you get it, same people that hate Lavar are the same people that love Trump.  That's why I like arguing with them and calling out their contradictions, it's hilarious to me.

Ha ha ha...wait. You've PEGGED me as a Trump lover...cuz I don't like Lavar? So, you're arguing with me cuz you need to point out my contradictions of you're FABRICATED picture that I don't like Lavar so I MUST love Trump? There's a lot of lame crap on HV but this crap is just dumb.

Birminghog

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 12:04:16 pm

Au contraire, mon ami. Perhaps for some, but not pour moi.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Birminghog on November 09, 2017, 01:39:25 pm
Au contraire, mon ami. Perhaps for some, but not pour moi.

Ah...so you're Lavar lover then.

Am I doing this right MP?

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 01:06:21 pm
Ha ha ha...wait. You've PEGGED me as a Trump lover...cuz I don't like Lavar? So, you're arguing with me cuz you need to point out my contradictions of you're FABRICATED picture that I don't like Lavar so I MUST love Trump? There's a lot of lame crap on HV but this crap is just dumb.

There is a lot of racist labeling spouted in jump ball. Pretty much you are a racist if you ever criticize and black person for anything. As you can see, criticize a kid for going to china a five finger discounting some shades, yep you are a a Trump lover ( ie racist ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 01:50:43 pm
There is a lot of racist labeling spouted in jump ball. Pretty much you are a racist if you ever criticize and black person for anything. As you can see, criticize a kid for going to china a five finger discounting some shades, yep you are a a Trump lover ( ie racist ).

Dang...this morning, all I was was a guy who did y like Lavar...then I became a Trump lover...now I'm a racist...

I really need to stay away from HV...

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 02:09:46 pm
Dang...this morning, all I was was a guy who did y like Lavar...then I became a Trump lover...now I'm a racist...

I really need to stay away from HV...

HV is a fun place, but there are about a dozen posters that take themselves and HV way too seriously.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 02:11:08 pm
HV is a fun place, but there are about a dozen posters that take themselves and HV way too seriously.

Ha ha...true. I live in Virginia so HV is my only source of Razorback conversation. Sometimes, I think I should just talk to a wall...might be more productive...lol

FineAsSwine

This is dumb. I haven't seen anyone in this thread call someone a racist because they criticized the UCLA players, or Liangelo Ball in particular, for stealing in China or anywhere else.

Come again. You are really reaching in trying to create that false narrative.
Hogs up! Covid down!

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 01:06:21 pm

What in the world are you talking about dude.  Where did I call you a trump lover or a racist or anything like that?  I was talking in general terms, some of the same people that hate Lavar would be huge Trump supporters.  It's weird because they are like the same person lol.  If you took offense to that, then that's on you, I was just laughing at what Birmingham Hog was saying, because I know what he's talking because I've seen people like that on twitter and facebook.  I didn't mention your name, quote you in the post or anything, so how you associated yourself in that is beyond me.  Me and you were having a completely different argument that had nothing to do with that. You and Hogsanity just took offense to it out of nowhere.  And I have no idea how Hogsanity even got in the conversation and included himself in it at that point nobody had even said anything to him in this thread.

FineAsSwine

There is a lot of racist labeling spouted in jump ball.

Yes, CMA and his staff of black men are routinely called lazy, dumb, and lacking understanding of simple basketball concepts such as zone defenses.

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 01:50:43 pmPretty much you are a racist if you ever criticize and black person for anything.

A casual examination of this statement would reveal to any person of average intelligence that this statement is false unless that person is a racist.
Hogs up! Covid down!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 03:34:39 pm
What in the world are you talking about dude.  Where did I call you a trump lover or a racist or anything like that?  I was talking in general terms, some of the same people that hate Lavar would be huge Trump supporters.  It's weird because they are like the same person lol.  If you took offense to that, then that's on you, I was just laughing at what Birmingham Hog was saying, because I know what he's talking because I've seen people like that on twitter and facebook.  I didn't mention your name, quote you in the post or anything, so how you associated yourself in that is beyond me.  Me and you were having a completely different argument that had nothing to do with that. You and Hogsanity just took offense to it out of nowhere.  And I have no idea how Hogsanity even got in the conversation and included himself in it at that point nobody had even said anything to him in this thread.

Cmon man. If you're going to post something, at least back it up instead of denying it whenever your post is directly above this. So, let me refresh your memory...

You said,"But yea, you get it, same people that hate Lavar are the same people that love Trump.  That's why I like arguing with them and calling out their contradictions, it's hilarious to me."

1. I made an obvious statement that I don't like Lavar, so with very simple deduction your statement is referring to me loving Trump.

2. When you said "That's why I like arguing with them..."...I'M THE ONLY ONE YOU'RE ARGUING WITH...

You're talking about me.

Also, since you're speaking about me getting offended, if you can't see that all "racist" talk is us just being facetious, then that's on you.

What I've not seen you say yet, is anything directly going against what I've said in talk of Lavar. He is a loudmouth nobody who saw opportunity to make money off his kids. Don't say its for the kids. The kids will be in the NBA. They will be fine. BBB is all about him and he's putting a larger target than there is suppose to be on his kids just to grow his bank account.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 04:10:42 pm
What I've not seen you say yet, is anything directly going against what I've said in talk of Lavar. He is a loudmouth nobody who saw opportunity to make money off his kids. Don't say its for the kids. The kids will be in the NBA. They will be fine. BBB is all about him and he's putting a larger target than there is suppose to be on his kids just to grow his bank account.

He is a loudmouth but he is not a nobody (and neither are you). He is also obnoxious. He is not a pimp. Your pimp, as it relates to Liangelo Ball or any other of Lavar's sons, is the NCAA and Mark Emmert as outlined by John Oliver below:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/march-sadness-john-oliver-on-the-ncaas-student-athlet-1691692670
Hogs up! Covid down!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 09, 2017, 04:26:53 pm
He is a loudmouth but he is not a nobody (and neither are you). He is also obnoxious. He is not a pimp. Your pimp, as it relates to Liangelo Ball or any other of Lavar's sons, is the NCAA and Mark Emmert as outlined by John Oliver below:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/march-sadness-john-oliver-on-the-ncaas-student-athlet-1691692670

Correct. I know that no one is a "nobody". When I say that, I'm referring to what he is. He is a dad first and foremost. He created a brand and he is not big enough to make anyone care about it. So, he used kids to promote it, but knowingly put a target on their backs that no kid needs since Lonzo ALREADY has a target just for being a #2 pick.

I don't disagree with you about college athletics, and I have no clue what the answer is to fix that problem. But if you call them "pimps" because they use players to promote their own brand (NCAA), then I don't see it as being TOO far off. Same? No...but close.

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 04:10:42 pm
Cmon man. If you're going to post something, at least back it up instead of denying it whenever your post is directly above this. So, let me refresh your memory...

You said,"But yea, you get it, same people that hate Lavar are the same people that love Trump.  That's why I like arguing with them and calling out their contradictions, it's hilarious to me."

1. I made an obvious statement that I don't like Lavar, so with very simple deduction your statement is referring to me loving Trump.

2. When you said "That's why I like arguing with them..."...I'M THE ONLY ONE YOU'RE ARGUING WITH...

You're talking about me.

Also, since you're speaking about me getting offended, if you can't see that all "racist" talk is us just being facetious, then that's on you.

Dude maybe you should revisit your idea of just going to talk to the wall.  Because you're all over the place and have no idea what you're talking about and paranoid that somebody is talking about you.  If I was talking about you I would have quoted a post of yours and spoke directly to you or I would have mentioned your name in the post.  Context is everything, when I responded to Birminghog I was talking about my experiences with people that would be people that would be Trump supporters and hate Lavar.  And they specifically let you know they are Trump supporters, and I like pointing out the contradictions, because Lavar and Trump are very similar in personality.  Me and you didn't even speak about Trump, so how in the world could I point out contradictions on something that wasn't even mentioned.   

You need to get a serious grip dude.  For somebody who likes running to a message board to call somebody a pimp and a nobody, you sure do get offended easily if you think somebody called you a name, isn't that ironic.  And in the future, I'm letting you know I'm pretty blunt person, If I'm talking about you, I'll mention you specifically, if not it's not about you bud. 

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 04:55:33 pm
Correct. I know that no one is a "nobody". When I say that, I'm referring to what he is. He is a dad first and foremost. He created a brand and he is not big enough to make anyone care about it. So, he used kids to promote it, but knowingly put a target on their backs that no kid needs since Lonzo ALREADY has a target just for being a #2 pick.

I don't disagree with you about college athletics, and I have no clue what the answer is to fix that problem. But if you call them "pimps" because they use players to promote their own brand (NCAA), then I don't see it as being TOO far off. Same? No...but close.

You seriously need to learn the definition of what a pimp is, people have been trying to help you and point out where your wrong, but you refuse to listen.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 05:20:23 pm
Dude maybe you should revisit your idea of just going to talk to the wall.  Because you're all over the place and have no idea what you're talking about and paranoid that somebody is talking about you.  If I was talking about you I would have quoted a post of yours and spoke directly to you or I would have mentioned your name in the post.  Context is everything, when I responded to Birminghog I was talking about my experiences with people that would be people that would be Trump supporters and hate Lavar.  And they specifically let you know they are Trump supporters, and I like pointing out the contradictions, because Lavar and Trump are very similar in personality.  Me and you didn't even speak about Trump, so how in the world could I point out contradictions on something that wasn't even mentioned.   

You need to get a serious grip dude.  For somebody who likes running to a message board to call somebody a pimp and a nobody, you sure do get offended easily if you think somebody called you a name, isn't that ironic.  And in the future, I'm letting you know I'm pretty blunt person, If I'm talking about you, I'll mention you specifically, if not it's not about you bud.

Well, you responded to a guy who responded to me and made very easy to see connection of "the same people who hate Lavar are the same who love Trump". I honestly baffled how you can't see why someone would put 2 + 2 together. But I digress on you talking about me cuz whether you believe it or not, I could not care less. I DID want to call you out on a false statement (as I'm not fan of Lavar nor s Trump fan).

Also, don't confuse an all cap text as me "not having a grip". It's just s point of emphasis to make you understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Lastly, I've already said that I hold the term pimp loosely. I use the term "pimping out" as someone who calls the shots for others for their own benefit regardless of how it might affect them. This is how I see the BBB Circus. Whether you agree with me or not, that's my opinion and that's all that exists on these boards, right? Just personal opinions from everyone and discussing them.

It's obvious that you like Lavar. I do not for reasons I've stated. Same facts just different opinions.

Birminghog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 01:47:31 pm
Ah...so you're Lavar lover then.

Am I doing this right MP?

Well played, green. One thing I can agree with MP about on this topic, and I hadn't thought about it until he brought it up, is that LaVar and POTUS seem to have similar levels of chutzpah, which is one of the reasons I don't care for either of them. I do not mean, BTW, to derail this into politics. I accept that I am a member of a minority group on HV, & I'm fine with that. Perhaps my idea of parenting is drastically divergent from that of Mr. Ball.

FWIW, I am not a part of any social media, unless HV is considered such.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Birminghog on November 09, 2017, 05:58:39 pm
Well played, green. One thing I can agree with MP about on this topic, and I hadn't thought about it until he brought it up, is that LaVar and POTUS seem to have similar levels of chutzpah, which is one of the reasons I don't care for either of them. I do not mean, BTW, to derail this into politics. I accept that I am a member of a minority group on HV, & I'm fine with that. Perhaps my idea of parenting is drastically divergent from that of Mr. Ball.

FWIW, I am not a part of any social media, unless HV is considered such.

I'm right there with you. I don't do facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Hogville is the closest thing to social media I do.

I agree and will not take this into politics either. But the 2 definitely have similar "chutzpah", though Lavar includes his kids and POTUS is all about himself...imo.

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 06:07:08 pm
I'm right there with you. I don't do facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Hogville is the closest thing to social media I do.

I agree and will not take this into politics either. But the 2 definitely have similar "chutzpah", though Lavar includes his kids and POTUS is all about himself...imo.

I do all of the social medias, and I'm telling you that a lot of people that hate Lavar are some of the same people that love Trump, I see it everyday, makes no sense to me because they both are loudmouths that don't back up half the things they say and use the media for promotion.  I don't see how you could love one and hate the other.  That's what I was saying in the post and my reference to calling out contradictions.  And I agree this has derailed into politics, this is the last post I'll bring up any politics, because I'm sure we are on the brink of getting this thread locked.

And as far as Lavar, I'm not trying to come off like I'm defending his actions, because most of the stuff he does I wouldn't do and I don't agree with.  But, I think saying he's pimping his kids is an incorrect statement and that's what our whole argument is about.  He's a lot of things but if you've ever watched his reality show and listened to people around him, he loves kids to a fault.  He actually spoils them way too much and let's them get away with too much IMO, especially the youngest one.  LaMelo needs a good ole fashioned spanking, the kid is super spoiled.  And I don't see how anybody could fault someone for starting a business for their family and giving his kids something that they can call their own.  You say he's a pimp, yet he's letting them design their own stuff, letting them wear whatever shoes or clothes they want, he's not forcing them to wear BBB stuff.  And all that trash talking is just for promotion, everybody sees that, the dude was on WWE talking about he was going to beat those guys up, you think that's real?  Come on now.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 06:45:46 pm
I do all of the social medias, and I'm telling you that a lot of people that hate Lavar are some of the same people that love Trump, I see it everyday, makes no sense to me because they both are loudmouths that don't back up half the things they say and use the media for promotion.  I don't see how you could love one and hate the other.  That's what I was saying in the post and my reference to calling out contradictions.  And I agree this has derailed into politics, this is the last post I'll bring up any politics, because I'm sure we are on the brink of getting this thread locked.

And as far as Lavar, I'm not trying to come off like I'm defending his actions, because most of the stuff he does I wouldn't do and I don't agree with.  But, I think saying he's pimping his kids is an incorrect statement and that's what our whole argument is about.  He's a lot of things but if you've ever watched his reality show and listened to people around him, he loves kids to a fault.  He actually spoils them way too much and let's them get away with too much IMO, especially the youngest one.  LaMelo needs a good ole fashioned spanking, the kid is super spoiled.  And I don't see how anybody could fault someone for starting a business for their family and giving his kids something that they can call their own.  You say he's a pimp, yet he's letting them design their own stuff, letting them wear whatever shoes or clothes they want, he's not forcing them to wear BBB stuff.  And all that trash talking is just for promotion, everybody sees that, the dude was on WWE talking about he was going to beat those guys up, you think that's real?  Come on now.

Ok. I'll relinquish my pimp remarks. I'm very critical of Lavar mainly because I've went from despising Lonzo to thinking hes an good kid, and I know the nation follows him and hopes he fails just to shut the dad up. And that just sucks for him. I know 11 games isn't a big pool of games but as of now, he has the worst shooting percentage in the paint and the 2nd worst outside the paint...in the league. Not just rookies. Then he basically said that he's struggling mentally when he shoots.

So instead of just letting his boy play and enjoy the league, he put an enormous target on him. I'll also concede that Lavar does care for his kids (I know, of course he does) and is trying to set them up financially, but it looks like he's hurting them instead all in the name of BBB.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 09:06:04 am
I want them to face the same punishment anyone caught shoplifting in China faces. Just as I would want a Chinese citizen caught shoplifting in the US to face the same punishment here as anyone else.

I responded to someone saying they deserved to have their careers ended (!!!!). There are actually people that frightenlying dumb on this planet.

The laws in China are the laws in China. What Ball in his teammates did was extremely stupid. What this (presumably) grown man said that I responded to was also stupid (and sad). 

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 09, 2017, 07:39:45 pm
Ok. I'll relinquish my pimp remarks. I'm very critical of Lavar mainly because I've went from despising Lonzo to thinking hes an good kid, and I know the nation follows him and hopes he fails just to shut the dad up. And that just sucks for him. I know 11 games isn't a big pool of games but as of now, he has the worst shooting percentage in the paint and the 2nd worst outside the paint...in the league. Not just rookies. Then he basically said that he's struggling mentally when he shoots.

So instead of just letting his boy play and enjoy the league, he put an enormous target on him. I'll also concede that Lavar does care for his kids (I know, of course he does) and is trying to set them up financially, but it looks like he's hurting them instead all in the name of BBB.

Well said, I can't add any more to that.

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup‏ @TheFulmerCup
Nov 7

The Fulmer Cup Retweeted Jeff Goodman

3 hoops players arrested for international crime (shoplifting at Louis Vuitton)—this is the sort of offseason incident the #FulmerCup would dream of scoring for CFB players (esp. if added espionage charges):
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FineAsSwine

All 3 players are on the way home.
Hogs up! Covid down!

holeinthewall

husker71

You REALLY have to be careful with what you do in foreign countries.  Aint no Judge Judy here and in most other countries.

holeinthewall

Quote from: husker71 on November 14, 2017, 07:05:19 pm
You REALLY have to be careful with what you do in foreign countries.  Aint no Judge Judy here and in most other countries.

Being careful can't always help you.  Lots of set ups in foreign countries. they want you.    You aren't leaving