Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

when the pink slips start being handed out

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 22, 2012, 07:19:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

I believe all the assistants have contracts thru June 30th.  Doesn't mean they can't be asked to move out of their current offices, but I would imagine they will be given some type of office space to use for job hunting purposes.

PetrinoPig

Sueie

All of them have been told to clean out their office.  That includes Allen and Horton.  Maybe JUST MAYBE, we have finally started in the right direction.

Sueie

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2012, 04:02:57 pm
I believe all the assistants have contracts thru June 30th.  Doesn't mean they can't be asked to move out of their current offices, but I would imagine they will be given some type of office space to use for job hunting purposes.

WHAT THE HE_ _ do we owe them office space to look for a job for? 
Let Bobby hire them.

Tim Harris

This is wrong on so many levels. They will be gone when they find another job or someone else is hired in their position. Whichever of those 2 happen first......

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 24, 2012, 06:48:24 pm
This is wrong on so many levels. They will be gone when they find another job or someone else is hired in their position. Whichever of those 2 happen first......

If they have a signed contract they get paid until it runs out or they find another job.  The University's fiscal year ends June 30th, and coaches are normally under contract for the school year.  Providing dismissed assistants with complementary "office space" is pretty much the norm.

Sueie

Well then WHY were they told to CLEAN out their offices?  We do not OWE them any office space to try to find another job.  I doubt if the assistants are under a contract longer than the head coach would be and they fired JLS today.

Not saying you are wrong but I just do not think we owe them any office so they can search for a job.  They ALL knew their job was going away, so they should have been on the phone several months ago.

Athog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 22, 2012, 07:25:14 pm
Don't you think those decisions should be left to the new coach?

If we don't let the new coach decide then we will be having idiots on here making the decisions and we will get what we deserve. We are going to pay 4-6 million and we want someone on Hogville blowing smoke about who goes and stays!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sueie on November 24, 2012, 07:34:40 pm
Well then WHY were they told to CLEAN out their offices?  We do not OWE them any office space to try to find another job.  I doubt if the assistants are under a contract longer than the head coach would be and they fired JLS today.

Not saying you are wrong but I just do not think we owe them any office so they can search for a job.  They ALL knew their job was going away, so they should have been on the phone several months ago.

I'm just saying what the normal procedure is at most universities.  This is normally done in the hope they will coach during the season and look for new jobs after the season is over.  JLS has been reassigned to a consulting position and will be paid through February.  His contract is still in effect.  If there is a signed contract with the assistants, (and there may not be one) then the U of A is obligated to pay it out even if it tells them to go Christmas shopping and then go on home and stay there.

I'm not arguing for or against anything - just commenting on what normally happens.  Part of the reason for doing this is to communicate some sense of security to future assistant coaches.  Remember, assistant coaches are employees of the University - not of the HC.

Speedsmith

Clean house. Give Paul Petrino two pink slips on his way out the door!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Speedsmith on November 24, 2012, 09:14:01 pm
Clean house. Give Paul Petrino two pink slips on his way out the door!

Maybe he'll pass one of them along to Jeffy.

Sueie

I will wait until who we hire to comment on Jeffy getting a pink slip.  Only thing that I would say that he did wrong in the Petrino firing was that he hired JLS instead of Ken Hatfield for a year.

ChitownHawg

The school will buy out the contract and move on. Besides what do they need office space for when looking for a job? Do you think they come in grab a cup of coffee and the classifieds? These coaches have agents and the agents look for them.

Even if they did not have agents in this technological age job hunting can be performed from the sofa of your home. Heck you act like they need a secretary, carbon paper, and a Roldex to hunt for a job. This is 2012 not 1950.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"