Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

I just hope the team gets its swager back and destroys LSU on Friday.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

010HogFan

It was so surreal to see that ball fly off Eibner's bat and see him stand there for a split second looking at it go. Top 5 moment in my Hog sports collection, no doubt!

So which blast is better?
Toops or Eibner?

JoePaul03

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 18, 2009, 12:48:52 am
It was so surreal to see that ball fly off Eibner's bat and see him stand there for a split second looking at it go. Top 5 moment in my Hog sports collection, no doubt!

Toops or Eibner?

I give the edge to Eibner...happened later in the season, at Rosenblatt Freakin' Stadium
WCOB, 2003

10thPlanet

Toops or Eibner?

BOTH!!!!WPS

010HogFan

BA Hogwild

Thanks for the updates guys. Keeping it real in Hawaii. I will check in on Friday.

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

razorbackfan86

Quote from: BA Hogwild on June 18, 2009, 01:34:10 am
Thanks for the updates guys. Keeping it real in Hawaii. I will check in on Friday.

WOW, You're lucky

And you have a cool aviator +1

Oklahawg

Toops or Eibner?

How he kept from being emotional until he got to home plate I'll never know. He did know it was gone at contact and I LOVE that party! Its the exact thing he needs to be a freak the rest of the CWS.

The last 20 years have provided me some powerful memories:
Thurman's shot vs Duke
Stoerner to Lucas/Redemption vs Tennessee
Eibner's blast
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razorbackfan86

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on June 17, 2009, 11:32:52 pm
Sit down, Fat Lady.  WPS

Don't tell her, but I think we've got a new fat lady wanting a tryout. Its a new ballgame. Gotta think the team believes they are the team of destiny.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JoePaul03

From a David Albright article on ESPN.com:

"We've got some guys," Van Horn said. "It might not be the guys that we've been pitching on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but we've got some guys that can give us some quality innings and we know what we've got ahead of us and what we have to do and we're going to have to find a way to score some runs. I don't know who we are going to throw yet but we are thin."

Van Horn went on to say that the only pitcher who won't be available is Wednesday's starter Drew Smyly (4.2 IP, 85 pitches). Keuchel, who picked up the win in 66 pitches of relief, told Van Horn after the game that he would be ready to go on Friday.

"We'll discuss [the LSU] lineup which is very offensive and just figure out how we're going to work it," Van Horn said. "A couple of innings here, a couple of innings there; we could start four or five different guys.

Full article @ http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4268478

Looks like we were right on the money, Guv...
WCOB, 2003

litmachog

What was awesome was listening to the ESPN announcers calling DK "houdini" and the "miracle man".  Really loved that!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpareRib

KC_Hawg - Great post.  A rain day and a little rest on Friday wouldn't hurt us, would it?   :)
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

kingofdequeen

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razobak

Quote from: KC_Hawg on June 18, 2009, 04:24:25 am

Anyway, the top of the 9th was surreal.  Cox down to his last strike.  Such a gutsy hit - our team has so much heart.  It sickened me to see so many fans leaving after two outs.  But Cox came through and then you just seemed to feel that Eibner was due.  There was just something about that moment.  When he connected with that pitch there was absolutely no doubt.  A mammoth shot - the sound was incredible.  I started screaming and high fiving the Arkansas fans around me well before the ball landed.  I lost my voice from screaming so hard and picked my son 6 feet off the ground and then gave him the biggest bear hug ever.  What an incredible moment for him.  I just hope he will remember and cherish how lucky he was to be there.

I got chills when I read this part.  Truly one of those memories you and your son will cherish.

If I am correct, I believe we allowed 3 lead off doubles in this game and didn't allow a single run in those innings.  That is just incredible.  This teams never gives up.

Awesome stat.  Heart of a champion!

Bottom of12th - another lead off double.  Are you kidding me?  We never give up, but we also never make it easy.  Then DK works his magic again.  We get the final strike out, but is the game over?  Hell no!  Catcher drops the ball and the guy on third is racing home.  As I said, we never make it easy.  Fortunately, our catcher (sorry - name escapes me at the moment - not sure why he replaced McCann?) takes an extra second to settle himself and throws a strike to first.  Game over baby!

McCann came out for a pinch runner in the bottom of the 9th I think.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Anybody got a Youtube of the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, inning ending double play?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 18, 2009, 09:19:28 am
Anybody got a Youtube of the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, inning ending double play?

no kidding.  I still think people underestimate how awesome of a play that was.  For Carver to take such a hard hit ball, and stay with it even though he didn't glove it, keep his cool and pitch it to second is just amazing in my book. 

We have some very talented freshman, several who already playing in the world series, and you know they'll only be better next season.
no bumps, no fat chicks

heathtits

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 08:35:22 am
Probably whatever L. Ron Hubbard suggests.

Please keep it up. Your horrible prediction sense is willing us on. Don't stop till you get enough!

After so many times of getting owned by the team you supposedly "support" you'd think you'd quit at some point.

hog-man

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 18, 2009, 12:11:07 am
I just hope the team gets its swager back and destroys LSU on Friday.
HOOAH-to that my friend.  :razorback: GO-HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: highcount_hog on June 18, 2009, 09:33:42 am
no kidding.  I still think people underestimate how awesome of a play that was.  For Carver to take such a hard hit ball, and stay with it even though he didn't glove it, keep his cool and pitch it to second is just amazing in my book. 

We have some very talented freshman, several who already playing in the world series, and you know they'll only be better next season.

It never fails, the ball has a funny way of finding the "new guy" in the field. I'm glad he kept his cool and made the play.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: heathtits on June 18, 2009, 10:51:40 am
Please keep it up. Your horrible prediction sense is willing us on. Don't stop till you get enough!

After so many times of getting owned by the team you supposedly "support" you'd think you'd quit at some point.
I said I had a bad feeling about this game and my exact words were, "if i have to pick a winner I think VA in a very close game." It was just that with 2 outs, 1-1 count on Eibner in top of 9th with a 3-1 VA lead. I also said in the same post that if the Hogs win, it will be by 1 or 2 runs.

They won by 1 run in a 12 inning game. I don't see that prediction as being "horrible". But then, I leave it to others to embellish what I say, mis-remember what I say, put words in my mouth for me, and make me a folk legend while I am still alive. Thanks.

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 01:12:27 pm
I said I had a bad feeling about this game and my exact words were, "if i have to pick a winner I think VA in a very close game." It was just that with 2 outs, 1-1 count on Eibner in top of 9th with a 3-1 VA lead. Then, I said if the Hogs win it will be by 1 or 2 runs. They won by 1 run in a 12 inning game. I don't see that prediction as being "horrible". But then, I leave it to others to embellish what I say, mis-remember what I say and make me a folk legend while I am still alive. Thanks.

Not bad living on both sides of the fence.

heathtits

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 01:12:27 pm
I said I had a bad feeling about this game and my exact words were, "if i have to pick a winner I think VA in a very close game." It was just that with 2 outs, 1-1 count on Eibner in top of 9th with a 3-1 VA lead. I also said in the same post that if the Hogs win, it will be by 1 or 2 runs.

They won by 1 run in a 12 inning game. I don't see that prediction as being "horrible". But then, I leave it to others to embellish what I say, mis-remember what I say, put words in my mouth for me, and make me a folk legend while I am still alive. Thanks.

Wow you "called" a close game in a college world series elimination game. Gee wiz and bravo.

Houston Nutt is a folk legend too...

HoopS

I remember reading some folks giving up before the 9th....we wouldn't score 1 run, let alone 2. 

I never bothered to see how the board reacted to those statements.....

This team may not be as good on paper as LSU, but I wouldn't count them out until the final out.   There's something about this team and its will to fight against all odds.   

This has been a fun ride and I'm not ready for it to end just yet.

Dropkick

Have to agree HinM doesn't seem like a real Razorback fan.
Quote from: heathtits on June 18, 2009, 10:51:40 am

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dropkick on June 18, 2009, 01:31:03 pm

Have to agree HinM doesn't seem like a real Razorback fan.
Neither do you. You don't have season tickets and you don't go to away games.

hog-man

Why are so many so called hog fans just giving up on the HOGS. yes its gonna be a tuff game, but if we can start swinging the bats, quit leaving runners stranded, and capitolize on their errors, we have a good shot. c'mon now, dont give up on those HOGS!!!     WPS!!!!!!  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Dropkick

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 03:03:45 pm
Neither do you. You don't have season tickets and you don't go to away games.
You lack accurate information. I have season tickets in football. I was in Omaha Saturday thru Monday.  I was in Austin for the football game. I will be in Dallas for A&M football game. I am a donor. Every game is an away game for me I live in NE Arkansas. How did u ever become a mod? Obviously you are a Tiger High fan first and foremost and a Cal lover of the highest order. Otherwise have a blissful day.

alwaysondbigscreen

I asked this in another thread but will try here also, do any of you have any real idea how hard it will be to get tickets IF we play sat at 6pm central. I realize a couple of thing have to happen for it to pan out but I can be there sat if we play the 6pm game, but dont want to go to all the trouble if im not gonna get in.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

Dropkick

I used Ticket City in Omaha while I was there. Paid a little over double face value for upper deck down right field line. I can't see where there is a bad seat in the place unless you get stuck behind a pole. The line for general admission looked brutal and you aren't guaranteed a seat. The folks at Ticket City were very friendly and helpful. If you have never been it is worth the trip. It was a 10 hr drive for me one way and I would do it again.
Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on June 18, 2009, 03:56:17 pm
I asked this in another thread but will try here also, do any of you have any real idea how hard it will be to get tickets IF we play sat at 6pm central. I realize a couple of thing have to happen for it to pan out but I can be there sat if we play the 6pm game, but dont want to go to all the trouble if im not gonna get in.

Dropkick

Almost forgot, they will deliver the tickets to your hotel or you can pick them up.

Dropkick

One last thing, if you are spending the night the Hampton on Cuming Ave. has a free shuttle back and forth to the ballpark.

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

kingoftherapids

10thPlanet

razorbackfan86

JoePaul03

Let's go Hogs! Steal the game today and anything can happen tomorrow!!!

WPS!!!
WCOB, 2003

alwaysondbigscreen

I heard we are staring richards, anyone know why? I thought he was in a slump. And no I am not doging him I dont know enuf about baseball to suggest anything, it just struck me as odd. Has he started any games? I thought they always brought him in late. Also I am trying to keep my pregame ritual up but I have run into a snag. Every game since the regionals I have played golf/hit range balls before the start of the game, (except lsu). I cant today SO im hitting range balls in the back of the drug store, I hope that will be enuf.

alwaysondbigscreen

HEY i just thought of something can I get a DH  for the golf course, IM not superstitious or nuthin.

rwspear

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on June 19, 2009, 08:39:02 am
HEY i just thought of something can I get a DH  for the golf course, IM not superstitious or nuthin.

I'll DH for you.

HoopS

Starting Richards because he's a lefty and LSU is better against righties and our other lefties are taxed.   He won't be looking for 7 innings here, IMO.  Just wants to get thru a few innings and piece it together if I'm guessing.   Shoot, it may work.   

razorbackfan86

We got nothing to lose. Richards is a great pitcher fully capable of getting the job done. When your backs are against the wall and the whole world says you can't, you'd be surprised what these kids can do.

TuckFexas

I like the move. Richards has struggled with his control a bit, starting the game is a little less pressure than a do or die situation in the 9th. He's filthy when he's on and LSU doesn't hit lefties like they do righties. If he can give us 5-6 innings of 3 runs or less and keep us in it I like our chances. Go Hogs!!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: rwspear on June 19, 2009, 08:40:26 am
I'll DH for you.
thanks man, before you hit you might state something like "this is my ball, ok now im hitting for bigscreen" and just go back and forth. btw let me know if I kick your arse.