Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juco Transfers

Started by lynbug, May 14, 2016, 06:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

This has probably already been addressed and I missed it.  If so.....sorry.  But, I was reading about Barford, Macon and Cook being top 10 Jucos.  You could easily get very excited about this.  However, what's the story on why they didn't go D1 out of H.S?  Was it a athletic development thing or an academic thing?  If anyone knows the story on all three I would appreciate a brief post.

PonderinHog

sumpthin to do wit skool.

root_hawg

Who was the last juco star that lived up to the hype?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: root_hawg on May 15, 2016, 08:27:54 am

Sonny Weems was good for us. Heck, if they all 3 are just Coty Clarke good that would be pretty solid.
Hogs up! Covid down!

oldfart

ron brewer sr darrell walker alvin robertson lenzie howell martin terry corey beck etc

lynbug

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 15, 2016, 08:13:34 am
sumpthin to do wit skool.

Thanks, PonderinHog.  I haven't heard anything about Aaron Ross lately.  Has he decided to stay and play for Beard?

jry04

Who was the last JUCO "star" with this much hype that came to Arkansas? Weems and Pargo were the only 2 that we recruited with this much hype. Waithe was probably the highest rated one after those 2, but he was in a very soft JUCO class and was never expected to be much more than a role player.

JUCOs pan out across the country every year. Marshall Henderson, Stefan Moody, Cinmeon Bowers, Kevin Punter, etc all came from JUCO and made a big impact in the SEC. Those are just a few of the many JUCOs who do work out. We haven't had much luck, but we also haven't recruited many with major offers like these 3.

PonderinHog

Quote from: lynbug on May 15, 2016, 10:50:14 am
Thanks, PonderinHog.  I haven't heard anything about Aaron Ross lately.  Has he decided to stay and play for Beard?
Nobody around here knows anything on Ross yet.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: oldfart on May 15, 2016, 10:17:26 am
ron brewer sr darrell walker alvin robertson lenzie howell martin terry corey beck etc

If not mistaken those guys came mostly after one year playing JUCO ball and they were not super stars until their 2nd and 3rd years here. 

I hope it does not take a year for Barford and Macon but it will take some time for these guys to get used to the competition.

jry04

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 15, 2016, 02:55:01 pm
If not mistaken those guys came mostly after one year playing JUCO ball and they were not super stars until their 2nd and 3rd years here. 

I hope it does not take a year for Barford and Macon but it will take some time for these guys to get used to the competition.
Brewer averaged 12 pts 4 reb per game his first season. Walker averaged 11 pts 4 reb 3 assists. I would take that from our 3 coming in. We don't need them to come in and be superstars, but we need them to be major conference caliber players unlike a few who are leaving.

Biggus Piggus

Who was the last juco star nearly as good as the ones Arkansas has coming in? Even close?
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 15, 2016, 04:54:14 pm
Who was the last juco star nearly as good as the ones Arkansas has coming in? Even close?
Sonny Weems?