Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean McCurdy quote in Nate Allen column

Started by Albert Einswine, February 03, 2006, 09:16:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

your sources are wrong. mcCurdy is from a hell of a background. he has been coached by the best and he will be the pg for the reminder of the year and possibly next year. He is 2x the ball player DJ could ever hope to be. 
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hardwork321

Well, Irvin would be starting now if he could.   The PG spot is Irvin in 2006!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2006, 04:00:35 pm
your sources are wrong. mcCurdy is from a hell of a background. he has been coached by the best and he will be the pg for the reminder of the year and possibly next year. He is 2x the ball player DJ could ever hope to be. 

Tater Salad

CIA

Quote from: Hardwork321 on February 03, 2006, 03:45:09 pm
Not a leader!!!!!

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2006, 03:29:18 pm
McCurdy was doing what any player sitting the bench does, HE WONDERS WHY HE ISNT PLAYING.  Only Sean more or less did so out loud, to a reporter. 

Why is he not a leader?  Are you saying a white kid cant be a leader on the floor with black teammates?
NOW i see why there is a race problem.  YOU promote it.
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

CIA

As far as Irvin being the starter next year.....BRAVO for him and the Hogs if he is the best man.  I wished he was elgible right now if he makes us better. 
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

YepItsMe

don't have much to say about McCrudy but I've been friends with Nathan Allen since kindergarten and he loves the hogs and loves what he does I see him being a great guy to go to for Hogs info in the future. 

The_Bionic_Pig

February 03, 2006, 04:52:51 pm #56 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:58:49 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Bogarto on February 03, 2006, 12:08:52 pm
White people rooting for white basketball players is no different than blacks rooting for black QB's.

That's like rooting for Darth Vader until you found out it was James Earl Jones behind the voice. ;D :D
Most fans of this board are stuck listening to games via the internet or radio have you ever heard any broadcaster say man he can jump for a white boy or man he can shoot for a black boy.     99.999999% of this board could care less what color the player is on the field/floor they only care about production.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TDHog

Anyone who cannot see the difference between SM and DJ knows nothing of the game of basketball.  People keep arguing without any examples that SM cannot play D. BS!  SM was not the one lost in the Matchuyp zone against Kentucky.  Also look at LSU, taller shooting guards, there were two shot clock violations against LSU, guess who was in for both SM, also Kentucky, the one shot clock violation was with SM on the floor.  If he was so lost, why can't the opponent just pass it to him man for an easy two?  The reason is because SM plays position D very well, and his man has NEVER hurt us.  Ferguson (at times), Townes, and Modica are the defensive liabilities.  SM brings leadership, intensity, and basketball IQ to the floor, and before you start that race crap it has nothing to do with it.  Watch him play, head is up, never picks up the dribble, leans to one side bringing the ball up against a zone forcing them to commit early and opening up the weak side, the kid knows b-ball.  Most of all he brings the one thing this "Senior/experienced" team lacks, heart.  I will again quote Stan Heath for those of you who do not actually research what you say, but spew uninformed dribble "Sean has proven in practice and in games he deserves more PT, I want to get him 15/25 maybe even 20/20 depending on the situation."  I for one would not hand the job to Ervin, or maybe even expect to see him and SM on the floor at the sme time next year.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hardwork321 on February 03, 2006, 03:51:26 pm
Yea, you are correct!!!! That is what my sources have been telling me.  Irvin will be the starter next yr.  I don't think NWA will like that!!!!!!

They didn't seem to pissed when Corey Beck & Lee Mayberry ran the point. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogtheball

HardWork321,  It seems like every time any topic comes up that becomes racially oriented - you are involved.  I just read all of your previous posts and learned two things: 

1) You have had nothing good to say for any white players, white coaches, white recruits or white fans. You've repeatedly slammed players like Peyton Hillis, Steven Hill, Sean McCurdy, Matt Jones and others.  You made racist statements like "The football team can't get better until we hire a Black coach." YOu have repeatedly made statements about all of our white recruits - even saying that Springdale wouldn't win as much if they were playing in Central Arkansas. (By the way, outside of Central - who Springdale destroyed - where are all the great central Arkansas teams that would have been problematic for Springdale?).  If you were white and made statements to the opposite your racism wouldn't be tolerated.

and 2) You should've studied harder in English class.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

The_Bionic_Pig

Clayton Bigsby was inspired by Dave Chappelle's grandfather. He was a blind Caucasian who was abandoned as a baby and raised by African Americans. So because of how he was raised and his inability to see himself, he considered himself African-American. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Illinihog

Hey TD,

McCurdy man's did score vs. Kentucky.  SM followed his man all the way to the baseline and then they kicked it back to the top of key and the guy he was suppose to be guarding in the zone knocked down the open 3.  Try again.

akp4105

Quote from: Illinihog on February 03, 2006, 09:44:42 am
Why is everyone so enamored with McCurdy?  He's a decent spark plug off the bench right now, but the kid is still having some learning curve issues.  HE IS JUST A FRESHMEN Guys.  He sat out damn near the entire season last year.  He has had mental defensive breakdowns that have cost us at times this year.  He got lost @ UK playing a 2-3 Zone.  He had the same problems vs. 'Bama.  Sometimes he just needs to slow down.  It's like his body is moving faster than his head at times.  Guys I agree he is going to be something special, but right now he is just to green around the gills and needs to settle down.

I think the issue with some of the fans and McCurdy is that he is white and Jefferson is black.  Yes I'm white and I just threw the Race Card out there. With some of the post about the two that is the only thing I can come up with.

brewer has cost us alot too..but he scores on the other end..everyone makes mistakes...jefferson costs us alot on offense with turnovers and low scoring and laziness on defense..its time to get someone else in the game..

TDHog

February 03, 2006, 08:38:33 pm #63 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 08:40:20 pm by TDHog
"McCurdy man's did score vs. Kentucky"

I never said his man never scored, I said his man had never killed us.  I am sure you know for certain the D we were in (Zone vs matchup zone vs that rotating 2-3 zone we run) so I'll take your word that it was SM's responsibiltiy.  My point was simply he has never done anything to deserve this bashing he recieves about his D.  We have defenders flat give up, so as long as he hustles he is an improvement.

Richard_white

Bottom line people we are 14-6, 3-4 in sec play..people on here arguing not to put SM in more, why not, so far we are not getting it done..to the ones that dont believe SM should not be in there more, when do you want him in, when we are not able to get into the NCAA tournament? Do you not see a simalarities here as in his first 3 seasons (Stan Heath) as in this season?..I will pray tonight for a new coaching change for next season if not we are going to be on here asking the same damn questions.

WPS