Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath Lovers

Started by hogfan064, February 06, 2006, 09:56:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORBART

Quote from: mi-ky on February 06, 2006, 03:57:16 pm

That's why the are asst' and not head coaches, because you think they are better and all these other colleges across the country are missing out. Damn you must be the only smart person in the country to know that our assts' are better than our head coach and yet still no one is hiring these guys. That's odd!! Get a clue.

Just because they know more about the game of basketball does not necessarily qualify them for any head coaching job nor did I say it did. It only speaks to how little our head coach knows about the game. I believe Hipsher has been a head coach before and was hired to teach Stan how to coach the motion offense among other things.
And I never said I was an authority on anything but It sure does not take one to recognize that we have problems.
I am not an expert on what constitutes a major college program either and apparently you ain't either so I wouldn't point fingers at others if I were you.

Mike Tencleve

You as much as said that you were an expert. I never said we didn't have problems, and i never pointed fingers at anyone.

mountainhog

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:27:24 am
A good coach would get his team to finish off the team instead of blowing 18 point leads
Even nolan had young teams that couldnt finish off teams! these boys are still young and still making mistakes,  give them a chance, When townes, hill, brewer,thomas,McCurdy, and some others are another year older , they will learn how to put teams away better.  Plus with the recruits coming in , I think they will be pretty good , as long as we are improving every yr. then i say let the coach stay.

hogfan064

Quote from: mountainhog on February 06, 2006, 04:22:49 pm
Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:27:24 am
A good coach would get his team to finish off the team instead of blowing 18 point leads
Even nolan had young teams that couldnt finish off teams! these boys are still young and still making mistakes,  give them a chance, When townes, hill, brewer,thomas,McCurdy, and some others are another year older , they will learn how to put teams away better.  Plus with the recruits coming in , I think they will be pretty good , as long as we are improving every yr. then i say let the coach stay.

We're not that young of a team.  We're one of the more experienced teams in the league.  If Brewer and Modica leave next year then what?