Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Cal has problem with officiating

Started by JayHog, March 27, 2017, 01:19:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BRHogfan

That website is hot garbage, don't ever link to it again. 

phadedhawg

Though I'm loathe to ever take up for Coach Cal, I did notice a few times the officials swallowed their whistle during a mugging..err...steal. 

I think UK had it better than we did against UNC.  Also, UK had better athletes to overcome the obstacles. 

phadedhawg

hogsanity

shocking, another team that LOST did not like the officiating.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Coach Cal has problem with officiating...Hmmm. Of course he does. They loss. :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

40MINSOFHELL

That's rich coming from a guy whose team gets all the calls in SEC play.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 02:43:44 pm
shocking, another team that LOST did not like the officiating.
'

Dude, your schtick is getting hogcardish...  You'd be better off just admitting they F'ed up in the Arkansas game and leaving it be. 

We've seen some really bad officiating in the last two weeks, there is no way around that.  They have directly changed the outcome of 1 if not 2 or even 3 NCAA tournament games. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on March 27, 2017, 06:05:23 pm
That's rich coming from a guy whose team gets all the calls in SEC play.

Perhaps that is the reason noticed it.  It was so unusual.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

JayHog

UNC shot 26 free throws, while Kentucky only shot 19.
Also, 3 of Kentuckys starters were playing with 4 fouls.  UNC didn't really have any of their starters in serious foul trouble.
Then several questionable calls were point out.

(notOM)Rebel123

March 27, 2017, 07:45:56 pm #11 Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:58:25 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: JayHog on March 27, 2017, 07:12:22 pm
UNC shot 26 free throws, while Kentucky only shot 19.
Also, 3 of Kentuckys starters were playing with 4 fouls.  UNC didn't really have any of their starters in serious foul trouble.
Then several questionable calls were point out.

Total fouls: KY-19 UNC-18.
Hearing Cal complain about officiating is comical considering the breaks they get year in and year out.

12 straight points during a 16-9 in the last 5 minutes. UNC just shut KY down.

On the season:
PF's: Kentucky- 718  Opponents- 868 
FT's: Kentucky- 981  Opponents-774

Ark-KY on Jan. 7th:
FT's: Ark-21 KY-40
Total fouls: Ark-31 KY-20

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 27, 2017, 07:45:56 pm
Hearing Cal complain about officiating is comical considering the breaks they get year in and year out.

Ark-KY on Jan. 7th:

This.   We both got screwed some but Cal had the talent to overcome.  Calipari is a successful snake. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 27, 2017, 07:56:34 pm

On the season:
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rude1

If they called it that even when we played them we win the game. It is sure looking like NC is the anointed team this year.

Ugly Uncle

On the season:

Ark-KY on Jan. 7th:

If you look back and compare the two games:

Ark vs. UNC
Ark: 20 fouls
UNC: 10 fouls
(10 foul difference)

Free throws:
Ark: 5-8
UNC: 19-25
(17 free throw difference)

KENTUCKY VS. UNC
UK: 19 fouls
UNC: 18 fouls
(WHAT???? Only 1 foul different?)

Free Throws:
KY:  12-19
UNC: 18-26

Difference is 7 free throws.

The Kentucky Slime ball is just used to having refs in his hip pocket and he thinks it is terrible when the game is called evenly.  What a punk.  What a scum bag.  Why anyone would have respect for this coach much less want to play for him is beyond me.

Retired Radio Host

rupert

UK should never complain about officiating---but they always do!!!!!

Smalltownhog95

Gah! I hate slimeball Cal but I hate slimeball NCAA referees! Who to side with?
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 27, 2017, 08:11:32 pm
If you look back and compare the two games:

Ark vs. UNC
Ark: 20 fouls
UNC: 10 fouls
(10 foul difference)

Free throws:
Ark: 5-8
UNC: 19-25
(17 free throw difference)

Easy to see the difference in the out come.. just too big of discrepancy to overcome..

BRHogfan

Quote from: rupert on March 27, 2017, 09:06:48 pm
UK should never complain about officiating---but they always do!!!!!

They complain about the officiating when they beat a team by 30.

hogsanity

Pretty much what UNC did to the HOGS during the last 3:30 of our game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

I don't like Coach Cal or Kentucky very much but I will say this. North Carolina was going over the back all game long against both Arkansas and Kentucky but when Adebayo, Kingsley, Thompson or Thomas did it, it was a foul. If they called over the back on North Carolina in those games like they do against most teams their bigs would have been in foul trouble in both games. Man that tasted like vinegar coming out of my mouth. :puke:

Now that I got that out the way. Screw Coach Cal and Kentucky!!!!! :razorback:

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on March 28, 2017, 08:24:10 am
Pretty much what UNC did to the HOGS during the last 3:30 of our game.

well.. except for the fact the refs played a pretty direct role in helping UNC "shut us down" during that 3:30.

bailey makes a clean pick and macon is 30feet ahead of everyone else for a breakaway.  instead of 2 for us, its 2 for them on free throws.
then macon gets blocked and fouled on 3pt attempt.  at best, the foul is called and macon, shooting almost 90%, probably makes all 3 free throws.  or at worst, they get the deflection correct and we get another shot.  potentially 3pts for us.
then the walk/charge no call.  instead of either our possession OR 2 free throws, it goes as 2 easy pts for them.

thats potentially a 4 to 9 point swing while UNC was "shutting us down."  4 to 9pts in a game that was anywhere from 1 to 3 points at the time... and that we lost by 7.. is pretty significant, dont ya think?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 28, 2017, 02:18:04 pm
well.. except for the fact the refs played a pretty direct role in helping UNC "shut us down" during that 3:30.

bailey makes a clean pick and macon is 30feet ahead of everyone else for a breakaway.  instead of 2 for us, its 2 for them on free throws.
then macon gets blocked and fouled on 3pt attempt.  at best, the foul is called and macon, shooting almost 90%, probably makes all 3 free throws.  or at worst, they get the deflection correct and we get another shot.  potentially 3pts for us.
then the walk/charge no call.  instead of either our possession OR 2 free throws, it goes as 2 easy pts for them.

thats potentially a 4 to 9 point swing while UNC was "shutting us down."  4 to 9pts in a game that was anywhere from 1 to 3 points at the time... and that we lost by 7.. is pretty significant, dont ya think?
Great points. Hogsanity didn't see those plays though ;). Even though they were clear.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 28, 2017, 02:18:04 pm

Clean pick? Bailey made contact with the ball handler. Macon "fouled" on the 3, lots more contact than that is made on just about every block near the basket, but I forgot, you guys like it when big guys block shots no matter how much contact there is. So which is it, is contact on a blocked shot a foul or not?

I said, REPEATEDLY, I have no idea how the refs did not call SOMETHING on the block/charge/travel.