Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So what's next?

Started by davehog, March 27, 2017, 10:08:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

davehog

Every Razorback basketball fan is probably still mad at losing to UNC, but on to next year.  This year got me re-energized with basketball and I'm comfortable with how the season ended as far as reaching potential. 

Now, on to next season and I want to know what's next. 

1. Coaching changes - it seems there have been rumors (unsubstantiated) of a change in the coaching staff.  If there is, I hope that it's TJ Cleveland moving on to further his career.  That would be healthy staff turnover. 

2. Roster attrition - The "no comment" of Macon is concerning although Barford's "we Hogs" tweet was reassuring.  I hope CJ Jones doesn't let any frustration with his lack of PT this past season lead him to a bad decision.  He's got available minutes next year.  Any other transfers would not be good but would not be terribly damaging.  I don't see Thompson, Beard or Bailey thinking about leaving although that's pure speculation.

3. Roster addition - Given no attrition there is that 13th scholarship available.  A few names have surfaced but it will be interesting to see what happens as this decision does cause a ripple in future rosters.  The best possible scenario IMO is a graduate transfer Guard that bridges the gap between next season and 2018/2019. 

Thoughts?

onebadrubi

Is love to find a Williams-goss type grad transfer.   

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

onebadrubi

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2017, 10:58:20 am
https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/846369509405605889

Appears to have averaged 3ppg, couple boards, and 1.6 assist per game.  Judging from those numbers alone we prolly have that on the bench? 

The_Iceman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 27, 2017, 10:58:20 am
https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/846369509405605889

Had a really good freshman and sophomore season (11.5 pts, 2.5 rebs, 2.3 asts, 1.3 stls). Dropped off dramatically his junior year.

Still, I would pass unless we lose Macon or someone else. We need Zhaire Smith or a big.

BannerMountainMan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9TxMYxKiEI Dominated in high school maybe they just didn't see his potential Idk
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

navyhog24

I really hope we try to find another big as a Juco or grad transfer. We need one more for next season. Thomas and Cook just aren't cutting it. Thomas had the one good game against Seton Hall, but was pretty much a non-factor most of the season.

hogsanity

Do they really want/need a grad transfer for one year when they have so many sr's already?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:42:06 am
Do they really want/need a grad transfer for one year when they have so many sr's already?

I'd take it if he's a big body that can bang. I see a lot of fouls from Thompson, cook, and Thomas next year trying to play above their capabilities.  Even if he's poor on offense, we need that 8-12 minutes per game guy that can play above the rim, true 5 position.

My preference that is