Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gotta hand it to 6-6 ole miss

Started by ballz2thewall, November 23, 2017, 10:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

with all that's going on there, the coach deserves something worthy. helluva job considering....
The rest of the frog.

RazorPiggie

Wouldn't be surprised if Luke got the job.

311Hog

yeah it is amazing the kinda talent you can lure with hookers and blow

HogPharmer

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 23, 2017, 10:21:22 pm

And this is why it's good we didn't fire CBB after the SC game. I'd hate for us to be in that position. Similar to how LSU ended up with Orgeron last year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PorkRinds

DeltaBoy

State just crash and burned!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogPharmer

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 23, 2017, 10:28:49 pm
State just crash and burned!

Well their best player ended up with a south bound foot on a north bound drive early in the game.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

theFlyingHog

Yeah good for them for winning a game after state's QB and leader got his leg snapped in two

311Hog

their whole team was wrapped around one guy, and when that guy's ankle snapped it was lights out.  I know football team game etc. but this is the ugly side of the "QB does it all" offenses.

311Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 23, 2017, 10:30:43 pm
Yeah good for them for winning a game after state’s QB and leader got his leg snapped in two

and they did it with such class....

HogPharmer

Quote from: 311Hog on November 23, 2017, 10:31:38 pm

and they did it with such class....

"You recruit your own problems..."

Wasn't it Bucky Beaver that said that?

31to6

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 10:27:12 pm
And this is why it's good we didn't fire CBB after the SC game. I'd hate for us to be in that position. Similar to how LSU ended up with Orgeron last year.
well, sorta... Different situation. With all the NCAA issues there is no telling who they will actually be able to hire.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: 311Hog on November 23, 2017, 10:31:18 pm
their whole team was wrapped around one guy, and when that guy's ankle snapped it was lights out.  I know football team game etc. but this is the ugly side of the "QB does it all" offenses.
These teams with that ONE guy are basically peewee football. That's why I don't like the Tim Tebow's and Cam Newtons. Take them away and the team sucks.

HogPharmer

Quote from: 31to6 on November 23, 2017, 10:34:01 pm
well, sorta... Different situation. With all the NCAA issues there is no telling who they will actually be able to hire.

True.

But what if we did fire CBB after USCe like many were wanting? Then what if an interim came in and led us to 6-6 or so? Just adds more elements that I'm glad we don't have to address now.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 23, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
These teams with that ONE guy are basically peewee football. That's why I don't like the Tim Tebow's and Cam Newtons. Take them away and the team sucks.
Lol who cares? Those guys won NC's

immahog

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 10:27:12 pm

right enos catching fools gold an end up getting the job would be a disaster
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

NaturalStateReb

If Luke gets the job, several people said no, but several people might say no.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

sowmonella

Quote from: 311Hog on November 23, 2017, 10:25:39 pm
Touche.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on November 23, 2017, 10:37:28 pm
Lol who cares? Those guys won NC's
Apparently I do. If that player is all you got then your team sucks when they leave.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 23, 2017, 10:39:21 pm
If Luke gets the job, several people said no, but several people might say no.

Huh?

Rayzback

These teams with that ONE guy are basically peewee football. That’s why I don’t like the Tim Tebow’s and Cam Newtons. Take them away and the team sucks.

Didn't Tebow play on one of Florida's highest drafted teams?

With Fitzgerald out, they had zero passing game. Ole Miss capitalized on them being one dimensional. The turn overs were crazy though. No class win for OM as usual.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 23, 2017, 10:41:10 pm
Apparently I do. If that player is all you got then your team sucks when they leave.
Really? Count the All Americans and NFL players on those Florida teams. Tebow was surrounded by great players. Tebow had the Pouncey brothers, Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper. Janoris Jenkins and Joe Haden were the corners on the other side of the ball ...ever heard of them? You don't know your but from a hole in the ground.

East Clintwood

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 23, 2017, 10:41:10 pm

Newsflash --- at some point every player leaves.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogPharmer

Quote from: Rayzback on November 23, 2017, 10:47:46 pm
Didn't Tebow play on one of Florida's highest drafted teams?

With Fitzgerald out, they had zero passing game. Ole Miss capitalized on them being one dimensional. The turn overs were crazy though. No class win for OM as usual.

I think they had a killer TE on that team if I remember correctly.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 23, 2017, 10:47:35 pm
Huh?

Luke isn't going to be the first choice, but several others might very well turn down our gig.

Sounds like Luke could end up down at South Alabama if he doesn't get the job.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HiggiePiggy

Majority of teams suck when they lose their starting QB.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 23, 2017, 11:15:54 pm
Luke isn't going to be the first choice, but several others might very well turn down our gig.

Y'all might be better off keeping him if other coaches turn down the gig there. I've thought that all along. Give him a few years, let things smooth over, then see where y'all are at.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 10:49:04 pm
I think they had a killer TE on that team if I remember correctly.

Florida always had a shot with Aaron Hernandez in the game.

longpig

They'd be stupid not to let Luke foster coach till time is served because no coach with options will go there.  So they'll probably fire him tomorrow.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Bkhardicars

I started off rooting for Ole Miss in the hopes that Luke will win the job..After watching those bought and paid for thugs and their antics, I switched over to MSU...I hate it when players act like they were, ours included...

jvanhorn

yeah it is amazing the kinda talent you can l

Stupid and uncalled for.

FANONTHEHILL

Matt Jones sound familiar?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 23, 2017, 11:22:02 pm
Florida always had a shot with Aaron Hernandez in the game.

Too bad he didn't hang around too long.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

code red

Ole Miss has got some talent.   But they play dirty.  One the sanction's are announced they will.look worse than us.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

trippigs

Cheaters and no class......what a combination

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: trippigs on November 24, 2017, 06:38:17 am
Cheaters and no class......what a combination

I don't care how they got there but their WR group makes ours look like HS kids.

Grown men catching passes for them.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jkstock04

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 23, 2017, 10:21:22 pm
A lot of their fans love the guy. I don't feel he's made a super hot case for becoming permanent status head coach but like I said he has a strong following.

Ole Miss last night was a team on a mission...THATS what you call 110% effort folks. We haven't seen that type of refuse to lose effort from the Hogs in a long time.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LRRandy

Quote from: PowderedToastMan on November 24, 2017, 06:34:38 am
Too bad he didn't hang around too long.
no, I think he used up all of his eligibility at Florida.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hogarusa

Only way Luke gets the job full time is if their top choices all decline. He did a nice job to finish 6-6, they still have lots of talent on the team. No mistake last nights game was a complete result of Fitz broken ankle in the first 5 minutes of the game
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

go hogues

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 23, 2017, 11:15:54 pm

Who are their realistic top targets?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

IronHog

Florida had elite defense, a good OL, and good skill players.

Auburn had chop blocks, a dirty DT, and lots of ref help.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

LightHog

jgphillips3

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 24, 2017, 04:23:37 am
Matt Jones sound familiar?

Kinda accurate, but that 2003 Matt Jones' team was loaded with NFL level talent. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 24, 2017, 06:52:38 am
I don't care how they got there but their WR group makes ours look like HS kids.

Grown men catching passes for them.

Grown men don't imitate a peeing dog on the field after scoring a touchdown. Classless to say the least.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

EastexHawg

Sort of like the Cowboys without Zeke?  It sure makes it easier to complete those five yard passes that turn into 30 yarders when the defense is concentrating so much on stopping the most dominant running back in the league.

Hogarusa

Quote from: go hogues on November 24, 2017, 07:33:54 am

http://footballscoop.com/news/situation-ole-miss-wednesday-november-22/

Basically, besides Gus, same guys the Hogs will be looking at.  Sanctions will play a factor but coaches are always looking for a challenge, a promotion, and a pay upgrade.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hawganatic

Best move Ole Miss can make right now is give Luke a three year contract with a good buyout.

The guy loves the school and can keep the program above water while they are dealing with the sanctions.  When they are clear of the hole that Freeze threw them down, pay Luke the $$$ as a thank you, and go find a coach that can rebuild the program.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: go hogues on November 24, 2017, 07:33:54 am

Norvell is the top target but they're waiting in line.

One intriguing name that I've heard that supposedly wants the job is Colorado's Mike McIntyre. He'd be a great get. Willie Taggart's name is also getting a lot more traction than I would have guessed, but that hard for me to see. Be a home run if it happened.

Other possibles--Charlie Strong, Frank Wilson, Jeremy Pruitt, Neal Brown, Blake Anderson, Mike Singletary. I don't know why Bill Clark from UAB isn't mentioned--that guys a tremendous coach.

I think Luke is about 4th on that list overall. He didn't do badly this year, and he's an Ole Miss guy 100%, but that team could have easily won 9 games (Cal, Arkansas, and A&M). I can see him getting the job kind of like Bill O'Brien got the Penn State job. No need for a big buyout--he wants the gig, and the only other place I'm hearing his name come up is South Alabama. Whoever gets the job, I hope they keep him on staff.

Silver Hog

Their win just cemented our location in the basement of the SEC W this year.

elksnort

Quote from: longpig on November 23, 2017, 11:31:31 pm
They'd be stupid not to let Luke foster coach till time is served because no coach with options will go there.  So they'll probably fire him tomorrow.
Sounds about right.