Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Presser

Started by TebowHater, September 23, 2017, 03:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Quote from: johnny cash on September 23, 2017, 05:19:50 pm
Is the audio bad?

I'm trying to drink enough to listen to this. So far I'm losing.

Ex-Trumpet

Didn't watch...was he seriously crying?!?  I mean, the rest of us were, but seriously?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 23, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
He's spent mentally and has no answers, probably hates the thought of going back to work tomorrow or Monday. He needs to step away for his sake and the teams sake, let someone finish out this season for him that will have no pressure on them ,then we all can move on from this.

If fired, Bert should take next season off. Go on TV then go back to coaching after that. I've said it before. He has successor to Bill Snyder written all over him. Go be a coordinator for a year or two until Snyder is ready to retire then be the guy who replaces him. By that time people might forget his record at Arkansas.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hoghearted

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 23, 2017, 05:22:52 pm
If fired, Bert should take next season off. Go on TV then go back to coaching after that. I've said it before. He has successor to Bill Snyder written all over him. Go be a coordinator for a year or two until Snyder is ready to retire then be the guy who replaces him. By that time people might forget his record at Arkansas.

He could always find a career in broadcasting. Maybe be the modern day Don Meredith. He's likeable and witty. He'd probably be good in the booth.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: depressed_fan on September 23, 2017, 05:19:41 pm
that's hilarious the guy broke down in to tears.

Just wait until we hit the meat of the schedule.  ;D

Maybe that was why he was crying.

PossumFan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 05:22:31 pm
Didn't watch...was he seriously crying?!?  I mean, the rest of us were, but seriously?!?!

Not weeping and wailing the way some would have you believe, but he did get a bit choked up when talking about how they say a prayer before and after each game, and they are being tested.

Polecat

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 05:24:14 pm
He could always find a career in broadcasting. Maybe be the modern day Don Meredith. He's likeable and witty. He'd probably be good in the booth.

I don't find him that witty. Sticks his foot in his mouth more often than not
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

hoghearted

Quote from: Polecat on September 23, 2017, 05:47:04 pm
I don't find him that witty. Sticks his foot in his mouth more often than not

Well, yes, but if he's not YOUR coach, he can be amusing.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ChitownHawg

For how many seasons and loses is CBB going to say in a presser "It's coming"

He has said that so much I have to ask "Is it coming by horse and buggy?" A three legged horse at that.

Maybe in social media some are going after the players, but most of the stuff I'm reading the complaints are on him. I know that is where I lay the blame. Not at the players feet but his.

So it kind of hit me the wrong way when he mumbled about the fan being negative toward the players. Is he really saying that to the players?

I SUPPORT THE PLAYERS. I JUST WISH WE HAD A COACH FOR THEM.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

rzrbackramsfan

Nothing out there that's not correctable... so by the time the last game of the year comes around, and we're in a bowl game against K state, watch out...

johnny cash

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 05:20:32 pm
I'm trying to drink enough to listen to this. So far I'm losing.
ill join ya.

johnny cash

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 23, 2017, 05:48:52 pm
For how many seasons and loses is CBB going to say in a presser "It's coming"

He has said that so much I have to ask "Is it coming by horse and buggy?" A three legged horse at that.
i think Planet X is bringing it.

longpig

DGAF what his excuses are this week, didn't GAF post TCU either.  His team is built, Sumlin is rebuilding.  The Mrs had a wonderful time shopping DFW no doubt, that's all that matters.  Time for the Bielemas to GTFO of Arkansas.
Don't be scared, be smart.

AFWarrior83

He's got almost $4,000,000.00 reasons not to cry! You get paid big money to win games Coach B, the fans don't want to keep hearing "we're so close, it's coming, etc". It didn't work for Dale and it won't work for you either.

Either start winning or pack your bags jack!
Hogville member since 2005.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 23, 2017, 05:49:32 pm
Nothing out there that's not correctable... so by the time the last game of the year comes around, and we're in a bowl game against K state, watch out...

Bowl game? You are one optimistic fella.   8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

farmhawg

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 23, 2017, 05:22:52 pm
That would require work.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ramble on Barbershop

That dude gets paid 4mil a year to cry?
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Tusks

obviously, we um obviously didn't, um, obviously
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

phadedhawg

Is this true?  Did he really cry?  Hope y'all are exaggerating

phadedhawg

Guess that's better than "smile"

hoglady

Quote from: PossumFan on September 23, 2017, 05:45:24 pm
Not weeping and wailing the way some would have you believe, but he did get a bit choked up when talking about how they say a prayer before and after each game, and they are being tested.

Doesn't need to go there - needs an Arkansas history lesson on Kenny Hatfield's tenure.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogNdazs

I don't mind the guy crying at all, it's an emotional game, but to keep repeating the same BS makes me so mad. We have been "close" for 5 years per him, just barely away I guess.  Well constant issues with the O-line, not looking like we know what we are doing, not finishing out games is ridiculous.

I'm ready for him to be gone, I don't hate him or anything, but I think it is clear we need a different direction.

moses_007

Folks, get prepared to witness a record close, if not equal, to Bielema's first season here.  I told you all this team couldn't be good with green running backs and green receivers, and few of you believed me.

What really surprises me the most is that the defense isn't one bit better than last year's defense.  I had high hopes that Rhodes would be the man to really start getting the job done, but it just isn't happening.  We are continuing to get gashed on long runs and long passing plays.  It's disheartening.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 23, 2017, 05:54:03 pm
Bowl game? You are one optimistic fella.   8)

I think that is pretty optimistic to get to 6 wins honestly.  TCU is probably legit, the jury is out on if we lost to a good A&M team though. 

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'm sorry that I find it impossible to feel sorry for a person in lieu of losing games one after another that makes millions a year.  Heck, they can pay me a quarter of that to lose games and I'll call myself an idiot in the presser after every loss and then dance all the way to the bank.

moses_007

Let's switch Saban with Bielema for a few games and see if Bielema can win with Bama's players and Saban can win with ours?  I'd bet Alabama would start losing and Saban would be winning here.

Madface Magician

Give me an up and comer Coach with some passion ............not the same ole 5th year BS

moses_007

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 23, 2017, 06:07:25 pm
I'm sorry that I find it impossible to feel sorry for a person in lieu of losing games one after another that makes millions a year.  Heck, they can pay me a quarter of that to lose games and I'll call myself an idiot in the presser after every loss and then dance all the way to the bank.
Bielema seriously doesn't deserve a fourth of what he is being paid.  He is no better than John L. Smith was, and should be under a million a year too.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RyeHogFan on September 23, 2017, 04:26:56 pm
I think instead of watching that garbage, I'm just gonna keep watching Purdue and hoping we get their coach before someone else does.

Like Purdue?  He isn't coming here especially if he starts winning a lot at Purdue.  He would already be in a top conference.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Cambridge Hog

I'd settle for a guy like Skip Holtz. does a lot with little talent.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Madface Magician on September 23, 2017, 06:09:33 pm
Give me an up and comer Coach with some passion ............not the same ole 5th year BS

Memphis has another good one that could be gotten ater the 2018 season... but Jeffy won't be smart enough to go after him. 

hog47

If any of you think that we will win more than 3 or 4 games probably needs to see a doctor

Hoggiedawg

He's nothing but a loser.

longpig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 05:22:31 pm

Lots of men cry when they blow their wad.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hawgzinbowlz

I don't mind CBB being paid approximately $11,000.00 per day (including the weekends) if The Hogs looked like they were heading toward Atlanta within a few years, or ever...We are trending toward the same level that we performed in his first year...Maybe we'll get to a bowl, and after today I do doubt that.
I respect much of the way JL has performed as our AD and believe that CBBs contract change was enough of a mistake that JL should leave in one way or the other... And CBB should simply be gone.
I've supported the hiring of CBB until the '16 A&M game, when the knot headed offensive scheme was stopped, over and over and over inside the two yard line while trying to play "physical and big boy football", and running almost every play between the tackles...Just get the ball in the EZ.
Kelley's pass to David Williams was exceptionally wide open today and a change from the predictable up the middle repeat...Maybe CBB and Enos learned something, and while they may have we have many more issues that are the result of not building a winning program...It will always be something.
Time to turn the page and have a fresh start...And I will continue to attend the home games, and watch all the away games, to cheer on my Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

Pecos Hog

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 06:08:33 pm
Let's switch Saban with Bielema for a few games and see if Bielema can win with Bama's players and Saban can win with ours?  I'd bet Alabama would start losing and Saban would be winning here.

Spot on.   But it doesn't need to be Saban.   There's a bunch of coaches out there that would make it work here.    Not hard to beat what we currently have. 

Porkette

He's going to be rightly judged for his performance on the field, but I'm not going to pick on Coach B for tearing up. It just shows he cares.
GO HOGS GO!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 04:20:50 pm
Did he actually cry? Someone said he was crying.

Not in the presser. If He did it must've been in the locker room or something.
Hogs up! Covid down!

David†

I think the man honestly want to be here and wants to win. He just can't pinpoint the problem....His own stubbornness.

95_alum

"Felt real good about the plan."
"Step in the right direction."
"Good football game."
"Nothing that's not out there that's not correctable."

moses_007

The problem here is, he's in over his head and he doesn't know how to turn these losses into wins.  I think he wants to win, and win bad, but it just isn't possible for him in this conference.

KennyForAD

Yep, when he sid God hasn't granted his pregame prayers. 

farmhawg

Quote from: jst01 on September 23, 2017, 05:02:23 pm
Maybe someone will hand him a Snickers bar and after he takes a bite he magically turns into Bobby Petrino... then the voice over says "hunger turning you into a terrible college football coach?"
Perfect.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 07:47:32 pm
Yep, when he sid God hasn't granted his pregame prayers. 
Hasn't answered mine either CBB and Jeffie are still employed by the UofA

Jimbob111

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 23, 2017, 04:46:04 pm
^This.  We need to find out who is responsible for recruiting players and hiring OL coaches.

Exactly. The problem is he uses the guise of a genuinely good guy to pretend to be humble and he says he takes responsibility but he has not so far taken any responsibility. He needs to say "I hired the wrong guy" or "we made the wrong game plan". He watches the same team practice that we see on the field. If he can't see what we all see, he'll never see that it's him that's the problem and quietly leave. He doesn't have that in him. Too much blowhard inside.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

PonderinHog

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bigcountry27

All these people posting about his weight must be in excellent shape. Pathetic!

hoglady

Quote from: 95_alum on September 23, 2017, 07:40:00 pm
"Felt real good about the plan."
"Step in the right direction."
"Good football game."
"Nothing that's not out there that's not correctable."

Just make a pre-recorded message to be played after each loss.
Skip the presser - the same ole "song and dance" after each game / yet nothing ever changes.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BadHog

He always cries. He's freaking Baby Huey in a big gray sweatshirt.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."