Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preview- Series 1- Central Michigan Chippewas

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 12, 2016, 02:31:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 12, 2016, 02:31:04 am Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:14:45 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
We are getting closer to the season opening series against the Central Michigan Chippewas. The season begins with a 3 game series on Friday, February 19th at 3:05pm, Saturday at 2:05pm and Sunday at 12:05pm. All 3 games will be broadcast on the SECNetwork+.

The Chippewas are the defending regular-season MAC champions. CMU finished 2015 with a 20-7 MAC record and a overall record of 35-22 and a RPI of 99.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/012816aaa.html
Five Central Michigan student-athletes were named to the College Sports Madness All-Mid-American Conference Preseason Baseball Team.

CMU Baseball Website:
http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-basebl/cmu-m-basebl-body.html

CMU 2015 stats:
http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2014-2015/teamcume.html

CMU 2016 Roster:
http://www.cmuchippewas.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/cmu-m-basebl-mtt.html

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JackMcQueen

If I remember correctly Central Michigan called Arkansas wanting to play us, instead of Arkansas calling CMU.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

flippinhogmana

Yeah, I hope our fielding and pitching comes out a lot better than it came out the gate last year...I got sick of hearing, "I thought our indoor practice facility was supposed to give us an edge on this sort of thing".  It just isnt exactly the same...and the real grass, the real cold, and the real bad hops...but hopefully we are ready...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

bighog2255

CMU is a team loaded with good, experienced players. They return 5 of their top 8 hitters and all 3 starting pitchers. We are going to have to play well to win the series.

They opened their season last year playing @Florida Gulf Coast, @Stetson, @Texas State, @Wichta State. They went 12-5 against those schools. Very impressive. As the OP mentioned, they won the MAC at 20-7, but were swept in their conference tournament

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

We are going to have to be ready to play. They're defending conference champs with 5 All Conference players returning from a top 100 RPI team. You know they have been thinking about playing us all off season.

Kevin

I guess we will hear from dvh Monday, on the plan for the weekend
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

I hope we start off ready to play.  I hate the typical take strike one right down the middle.  Foul off strike two on a good pitch on the corner.  Swing badly at a pitch that hits the dirt in front of the plate.

Our team takes some of the best pitches in college ball on the first pitch and swings at some of the worst pitches in college ball on strike three.

We need and should beat most of these Northern teams that come in without much good practice and play us into the ground.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on February 13, 2016, 06:05:30 pm
I hope we start off ready to play.  I hate the typical take strike one right down the middle.  Foul off strike two on a good pitch on the corner.  Swing badly at a pitch that hits the dirt in front of the plate.

Our team takes some of the best pitches in college ball on the first pitch and swings at some of the worst pitches in college ball on strike three.

We need and should beat most of these Northern teams that come in without much good practice and play us into the ground.

Yeah, I hate being one of the 8 teams playing in the CWS......

PigWig

I'll be there for at least one game next weekend.

lefty08

We are 6 days from the first pitch..........holy darn
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

GatorHog

SPAL

This is such an erroneous view.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgzinbowlz

Your perspective never crossed my mind while in the stands at Stillwater, Baum and ultimately Omaha...and it won't again during the '16 campaign.

" GO OMAHOGS "

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 14, 2016, 01:36:11 am
This is such an erroneous view.

I suspect he'll be on read only in EI by the second weekend.......

ThisTeetsTaken

Can't wait to see Jackson load up that big right arm and burn someone down!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

jry04

You may be on to something. If only there was some way you could have relayed that to DVH last year. Then, maybe we would have made it to Omaha!!!!

bighog2255

Early leader in the clubhouse for worst post of the year

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

TuckFexas

Should be a solid test to see where we are early in the year. Never underestimate a team from the north with plenty of returning players from a good club. Especially one that's had our logo staring them in the face all off-season.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 12, 2016, 02:31:04 am
All 3 games will be broadcast on the SECNetwork+.

I can't remember how it worked last year, are the SEC+ games broadcast on ESPN3 either live or replay?

-phil

JackMcQueen

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on February 15, 2016, 12:01:56 pm
I can't remember how it worked last year, are the SEC+ games broadcast on ESPN3 either live or replay?

-phil
All non conference home games will be on SEC Network+, the game in Little Rock will not be on SECN+ (& hasn't been picked up for tv), and all SEC home/away games will be on SEC Network+/ESPN3

The TV schedule is up by the games on the website
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

ricepig

Quote from: JackMcQueen on February 15, 2016, 12:06:45 pm
All non conference home games will be on SEC Network+, the game in Little Rock will not be on SECN+ (& hasn't been picked up for tv), and all SEC home/away games will be on SEC Network+/ESPN3

The TV schedule is up by the games on the website

We don't have DSP wired up for broadcast, like Baum is, so CST would have to pick it up to be broadcast.

pigture perfect

dotnet

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on February 15, 2016, 12:01:56 pm

-phil

To answer what I think you're asking - the SEC+ games are basically on what was ESPN3, now WatchESPN.  You can watch them live or on replay after the game is finished.  Its pretty awesome, and how I watched pretty much every game I didn't attend.