Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superbowl 50

Started by bennyl08, January 25, 2016, 02:10:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

New vs old in terms of quarterbacks.

Both teams with the defense to win though.

Panthers, however, have a really explosive offense to go with that dangerous defense.

Cam will be under pressure all game from the Broncos pass rushers, but unlike Brady, Cam's elusiveness will really help.

Peyton will face a defense much tougher than the Steelers or the Patriots.

Who thought at the beginning of the season that Peyton would be considered the underdog to a Cam Newton team?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DeltaBoy

On paper it Carolina to lose.
My heart with Denver.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hogarusa

Denvers offense is so garbage, its hard to see them making noise against the Panthers D.  Carolina toyed with 2 exceptional Ds in Seattle/Arizona.  Denver D should be more effective but i just dont see any way they win.  Panthers are really going to want that game at Atlanta back. 18-1. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HawgWild

I'd love to see Manning have a story book ending to his career and not a repeat of the Kansas City nightmare earlier this season. Also, hope he leaves the game healthy and not get beat up like the Saints did to Farve when he was with Minnesota. That was brutal to watch.

Gifftedone

Manning will have a very hard time with the short dump passes he has been making all postseason. The LB corps of the panthers are too good at closing space fast and making tackles one on one. Manning will have to toss the ball down the field and hope his WRs,who have had tendencies to drop the ball and give up on plays, come down with the 50/50 passes. Panthers aren't great at getting pressure on the QB without implementing designed blitzes, but are extremely effective when adding a LB to the blitz. Kuechly, imo, is the best defensive player in the league and will give Manning fits all game with disguised blitzes and showing blitz but dropping back into coverage. I expect Manning to revert back to regular season form and make a few bad passes late in the game that will put the nail in the coffin for the Broncos.

Broncos have the best overall defense in the league but I feel that Cam and the Panthers defense will make enough plays to win the game. I hope its a great game and would like for Manning to end his career on a high note, but it is hard to bet against the Panthers and the way they are playing.

Prediction: 31-20 Panthers
Superbowl MVP: Cam Newton( with Luke Kuechly a close second)

goodguytex

I hope Denver wins, but Carolina probably will. I will never support any team $can Newton is a part of. He and his daddy pumped $can to the team with the deepest pockets and got away with it. No Hog fan should ever support any team that cheater is part of.

Torqued pork

Quote from: goodguytex on February 07, 2016, 10:18:56 am
I hope Denver wins, but Carolina probably will. I will never support any team $can Newton is a part of. He and his daddy pumped $can to the team with the deepest pockets and got away with it. No Hog fan should ever support any team that cheater is part of.
I doubt all of Denver's players were squeaky clean when they chose their college

I would just like to see Peyton get one more ring and call it a career. He's been great for the NFL.

Dr. Starcs

Can't stand either team.

Go refs!

Buff

Dr. Starcs

DZ

Quote from: goodguytex on February 07, 2016, 10:18:56 am
I didn't like that crap at Auburn either but what does any of that have to do with his NFL career? its not like he wouldn't be there anyway. and they'll probably hammer Denver.

Atlhogfan1

Denver oline vs Carolina def interior.  Where the game will be decided.  Where Seattle dominated.  Bronocs need breaks IMO to have a chance. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TX HOG

Anyone trying cbs sports app? Not working.

goodguytex

Quote from: DZ on February 07, 2016, 03:08:57 pm
I didn't like that crap at Auburn either but what does any of that have to do with his NFL career? its not like he wouldn't be there anyway. and they'll probably hammer Denver.
Or maybe not...

Torqued pork

1highhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 25, 2016, 02:24:56 pm
Denvers offense is so garbage, its hard to see them making noise against the Panthers D.  Carolina toyed with 2 exceptional Ds in Seattle/Arizona.  Denver D should be more effective but i just dont see any way they win.  Panthers are really going to want that game at Atlanta back. 18-1. 

Defense wins Championships, and it was a sweet victory last night.  That's why we need to get a nasty defense, Alabama never has a great offense, it's their defense that wins for them.

Michaelt

If Peyton decides to call it a career, it will be the "happy ever after" that all NFL players wish for their career...to go out on top, a SB champion.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

bennyl08

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 25, 2016, 02:10:18 am
New vs old in terms of quarterbacks.

Both teams with the defense to win though.

Panthers, however, have a really explosive offense to go with that dangerous defense.

Cam will be under pressure all game from the Broncos pass rushers, but unlike Brady, Cam's elusiveness will really help.

Peyton will face a defense much tougher than the Steelers or the Patriots.

Who thought at the beginning of the season that Peyton would be considered the underdog to a Cam Newton team?

Eh, I was pretty close. Granted, I just talked about the overall themes and didn't exactly make any predictions, so I shouldn't pat myself on the back too hard.

I'd say the biggest difference in the game was experience. Both defenses balled out. However, Manning did a mostly good job of sitting back and playing game manager while Cam started feeling the pressure and tried to push too hard.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HawgWild

I hope Manning retires. It won't get any better than this for him in the future. I hear Bud's offered him a job.  ;D

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bennyl08

That moment you realize you aren't the favorite child anymore.

DeltaBoy

Denver D was Lights OUT Sunday Night.  They beat Cam up.  Von Miller and a former " washed Up" Ware beat the tar out of him for 4 quarters.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/08/nfl-super-bowl-50-denver-broncos-defense

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/07/broncos-defense-throttles-panthers-to-win-super-bowl-50/