Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking about heading to Navarre Beach a little later on this year....

Started by Boarcephus, June 25, 2015, 06:04:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Been through it more times than I can count but have never stopped.  Can anyone help me out on where to buy fresh shrimp and oysters and some really good seafood restaurants?  We generally eat lunch out every day and stay close to the condo at night.  We like places that offer great oyster po'boys and great blackened fish.  Just now searching out where to stay but we like the taller condos (8 floors or higher)  looking out over the gulf.   Thanks!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

razorbacker3

Boarcephus

Quote from: razorbacker3 on July 03, 2015, 11:51:50 am
You should post this in the Travel and Vacations forum

I really thought that's where I'd put it till I clicked on post and the damn thing popped up here.  ;)  Not sure how to move it over there.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

panhandlepig

Boar, I can't speak about Navarre, things have changed so much over the last few years I have no idea about restaraunts and seafood stores over there..  The absolute best seafood market on this part of the Gulf Coast is Joe Pattis on B Street in P'cola.

It's been around forever. We often make the drive from Ft Walton Beach over there when we have a crowd coming in. Speaking of we do have a crowd coming in Wednesday. It went from 3 folks to 7 and won't be surprised if more than 7 end up making it down.

They are all coming down from Arkansas...so It's all good. Google Joe Pattis. There is plenty of information on line. 

MO.Hog

Quote from: panhandlepig on July 06, 2015, 06:51:41 pm
Boar, I can't speak about Navarre, things have changed so much over the last few years I have no idea about restaraunts and seafood stores over there..  The absolute best seafood market on this part of the Gulf Coast is Joe Pattis on B Street in P'cola.

It's been around forever. We often make the drive from Ft Walton Beach over there when we have a crowd coming in. Speaking of we do have a crowd coming in Wednesday. It went from 3 folks to 7 and won't be surprised if more than 7 end up making it down.

They are all coming down from Arkansas...so It's all good. Google Joe Pattis. There is plenty of information on line.

Thanks Panhandle.  I have a group going to Navarre Beach on the 18th of this month for a week, and we were wanting to do a couple fresh seafood cooks while down there.  I believe Pensacola's only about 20 minutes from Navarre so I'll have to check it out.  Any more tips for the area?

Boarcephus

Quote from: MO.Hog on July 10, 2015, 02:42:51 pm
Thanks Panhandle.  I have a group going to Navarre Beach on the 18th of this month for a week, and we were wanting to do a couple fresh seafood cooks while down there.  I believe Pensacola's only about 20 minutes from Navarre so I'll have to check it out.  Any more tips for the area?

When you go, if you find some nice, local seafood restaurants let me know about them.   Stinky's had a place there but closed.  Some place where you can get the oyster po'boys, etc.

MO.Hog

Will do. I doubt we eat out much will probably cool most nights, but I'll give you a heads up on what to expect/do.

MO.Hog

Only time we ate out was on the way down and we stopped at Peg Leg Pete's.  We did go to Joe Patti's twice to get fresh seafood to cook, and that place is impressive.  I did find a food truck like setting in Navarre that served huge breakfast burritos that were awesome.  They also serve fresh fish taco's for lunch, but I never made it back during that time of day.  Well worth the look up though, the name was Shark Bite. 

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 25, 2015, 06:04:39 pm
Been through it more times than I can count but have never stopped.  Can anyone help me out on where to buy fresh shrimp and oysters and some really good seafood restaurants?  We generally eat lunch out every day and stay close to the condo at night.  We like places that offer great oyster po'boys and great blackened fish.  Just now searching out where to stay but we like the taller condos (8 floors or higher)  looking out over the gulf.   Thanks!
I know I'm late to the party but if you've got the time to drive to Pensacola (next time you go) check out Joe Patti's.  Boats tie up right in the back and empty their catch. 

We've spent several spring breaks in Navarre and loved the quiet; few of the spring break crowd around those parts.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on February 13, 2016, 04:47:11 pm
I know I'm late to the party but if you've got the time to drive to Pensacola (next time you go) check out Joe Patti's.  Boats tie up right in the back and empty their catch. 

We've spent several spring breaks in Navarre and loved the quiet; few of the spring break crowd around those parts.

You're never too late.  We backed off Navarre and went back to Sandestin.  Guess the drawing part to Sandestin was much greater than the draw to Navarre.  Lot's of trails to walk, nice restaurants close by and we decided once we get to Navarre, there was none of that.   Would love to try Joe Patti's but it'd be almost a half a day trip to drive back to Pensacola and then back.  The next time we head down we'll be retired and time won't be the issue it has in the past and may swing back by on the way home.