Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jose Ortiz riding opening weekend

Started by holeinthewall, January 04, 2017, 06:16:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

Until Santana suspension is up.   Interested to see what he can do here and how many of the local casual players don't realize who he is.

jdelo77

He won the jockey title at Saratoga ! People know who he is !!! That said , you find anything with a decent price and he's riding bet it ...

holeinthewall

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 04, 2017, 06:57:15 am
He won the jockey title at Saratoga ! People know who he is !!! That said , you find anything with a decent price and he's riding bet it ...

Oh I know but you still get the 15k people on opening Saturday that are there burning money and playing numbers or colors that won't know he is a top rider because he has never been here on a daily basis.  That said I am sure the pre race picks by Vic will drop any chance of decent odds. I use to hate that when I would have a 10-1 or higher price horse I liked and he got picked by Terry or Frank.   Just killed the will pays

userpick

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 04, 2017, 08:00:48 am
Oh I know but you still get the 15k people on opening Saturday that are there burning money and playing numbers or colors that won't know he is a top rider because he has never been here on a daily basis.  That said I am sure the pre race picks by Vic will drop any chance of decent odds. I use to hate that when I would have a 10-1 or higher price horse I liked and he got picked by Terry or Frank.   Just killed the will pays

Vic is only giving out picks for the feature race every day

jdelo77

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 04, 2017, 08:00:48 am

You might but , you still get the the guys who will watch the ML and if they see money coming in they bet it , I try to stay away opening weekend but , I might look for a few betting opportunities...

holeinthewall

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 04, 2017, 02:48:01 pm
You might but , you still get the the guys who will watch the ML and if they see money coming in they bet it , I try to stay away opening weekend but , I might look for a few betting opportunities...

Good time to go after P3 if you can find a race to key and load up in the other 2.   P3 pay better at Oaklawn based on the odds than anywhere else.

userpick

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 05, 2017, 07:14:22 am
Good time to go after P3 if you can find a race to key and load up in the other 2.   P3 pay better at Oaklawn based on the odds than anywhere else.

Will be a pick 5 this year. We all need to go after that.

holeinthewall

Quote from: userpick on January 05, 2017, 08:07:15 am
Will be a pick 5 this year. We all need to go after that.

YUP.. I had a hard enough time hitting P4 last year. I was there on 2 days when the pool went on one ticket I was 2 for 2 to start one of them both horses over 10-1.  The bombs kept coming the next 2 races and knocked me out.

heavylifting

Is Linda Rice sending any horses to Oaklawn Park?

Jose is married to her niece, Taylor Rice, who is also a jockey.

Scroll down to approx. Dec 21 on Taylor's Twitter feed for wedding pix -- https://twitter.com/tiny_tayb

Who knows? He might decide that he likes it in Hot Springs as opposed to South Ozone Park in the winter. And why not? More likely to find a Derby horse at Oaklawn than at Aqueduct. Cherish his time there if it turns into more than just a weekend. Like when Pat Day ruled the roost.

Dropkick

holeinthewall

Quote from: Dropkick on January 05, 2017, 01:28:26 pm
When is Santana's suspension over?

From DRF 7-1-16

QuoteHe will serve his days at the following tracks and on the following dates, according to a commission order: Ellis Park, July 3-4; Indiana Grand, July 5-7; Churchill Downs, Sept. 22 and 29, and Nov. 2 and 9; Keeneland, Oct. 26; and Oaklawn, Jan. 13-16 and Jan. 19.

The agreement also calls for Santana to drop an appeal he has pending in a circuit court in Arkansas.

Santana has won the last four riding titles at Oaklawn.

He made out like a bandit only serving 5 days at Oaklawn when you throw in the purse money   Oaklawn is 2-3 times what Ellis and Indiana are. Only Keeneland remotely compares.

kingoftherapids

he might not be the only big time new york jock coming in. stay tuned fellas