Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank back to Oaklawn Park?

Started by hogoffate, June 29, 2016, 05:04:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogoffate

http://www.drf.com/news/collmus-steps-down-gulfstream-announcing-job

Aiello to GP, Frank back to OP?

That would be fine with me if they would take him back.  I enjoy his work.

kingoftherapids

I would be very surprised if he was asked to come back... fwiw

hogoffate

Yep, not sure what the feelings were since he left kind of right before the meet.  He needs a job and OP needs an announcer though so necessity might dictate forgiveness and trying again,
maybe with a buyout clause in contract?  haha

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 06, 2016, 02:27:32 pm
I would be very surprised if he was asked to come back... fwiw

Would Oaklawn go for a foreigner? Peter Berry?

HogFanInBryant

husker71

heavylifting

kingoftherapids

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 06, 2016, 07:37:33 pm
Would Oaklawn go for a foreigner? Peter Berry?

I'm 99.9% sure they wont even look at a foreigner. and i guarantee you they won't look at the chick at Golden Gate. man that lady is terrible

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 11, 2016, 10:21:58 am
I'm 99.9% sure they wont even look at a foreigner. and i guarantee you they won't look at the chick at Golden Gate. man that lady is terrible

I'm not sure there is anybody worse than the lady at GG.  She is awful.  It's so bland and lacks excitement, you just turn on GG feed to go to sleep, works just like listening to that atmospheric crap. 

I heard Frank was told no more impersonations, guess he kind of felt like he was told what to do and rumor after rumor that pay is not great.

I would think to traditional for a foreigner, but do like Berry though.  I would take either Don or the guy at Evangeline.  Count me out on Vic, just doesn't do it for me. 

husker71

Vic knows horse racing   he was a jocks agent years ago (like Terry Wallace) and I have no problems with his limited calls that I have heard.  My problem  he has seen the musical Cats like 50 times

OPSteve

I have attached an article which stated that OP will need a new race caller next year that Pete has taken the Gulfstream job full time. 

http://racingdudes.com/oaklawn-park-announcing-job-open-once-again/

jdelo77

We need someone who will stay for a while , I like Don Stevens myself ...

userpick

Quote from: jdelo77 on July 13, 2016, 08:19:00 pm
We need someone who will stay for a while , I like Don Stevens myself ...

I would seriously contribute my own  money for Don. He's the best in the business IMO.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: OPSteve on July 13, 2016, 07:35:04 pm
I have attached an article which stated that OP will need a new race caller next year that Pete has taken the Gulfstream job full time. 

http://racingdudes.com/oaklawn-park-announcing-job-open-once-again/

I'm pretty sure that Pete was not going to be brought back and that this type of exit makes it look much less dramatic. 

kingoftherapids

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 16, 2016, 04:15:11 pm
I'm pretty sure that Pete was not going to be brought back and that this type of exit makes it look much less dramatic.

Completely false

heavylifting

husker71

I like Wrona   he stayed at our property on Stemmons Freeway during his LoneStar days.  Always nice and pleasant   and I like his race calling abilities.  He will never leave So Cal  in my opinion.

husker71

Chris Griffin named announcer at Gulfstream West per Paulick Report

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 08, 2016, 11:43:34 pm
I'd like to see Vic come to Hot Springs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TYXGE1yemM

Chuck...I called that play and it was a great play...Hyah hyah hyah!  Just kidding but man what a great guy for Oaklawn...gonna be a fun year!

heavylifting

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 11, 2016, 03:45:43 pm
I'm not sure there is anybody worse than the lady at GG.  She is awful.  It's so bland and lacks excitement, you just turn on GG feed to go to sleep, works just like listening to that atmospheric crap. 

Apparently, someone agreed with you. Frank is on his way back to the Bay Area.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/golden-gate-mirahmadi-assumes-role-full-time-track-announcer-oct-20/

kingoftherapids

she was terrible. i really dont care to see her as even the paddock girl at santa anita.

husker71

today is her 1st day as the  "paddock analyst " at Santa Anita today

husker71

like KOR I have no desire to see her at that job, especially compared to some others that do that job.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on September 29, 2016, 08:49:23 am
she was terrible. i really dont care to see her as even the paddock girl at santa anita.

that was truly a bad idea.  somebody had to lose their job for hiring her. 

Somebody needs to just bring back HRTV and their crew, especially the crew that covered SA and let the woman from GG go to TVG with the rest of the crap that is on that channel

pigture perfect

I'd be willing to suffer through a season of re-treads if it means we could land a great one that will stay for several years.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

husker71

who ever the announcer is at Monmouth at Meadowlands at night is terrible IMHO

songofthesword

Vic is a [CENSORED] great handicapper. he posts on a forum i post on and knows his darn

userpick

Quote from: songofthesword on October 17, 2016, 12:30:49 am
Vic is a [CENSORED] great handicapper. he posts on a forum i post on and knows his darn

Very true. People will be wise to listen to his selections. He's a big time believer in Thorograph, which I believe is the best handicapping tool in the world, probably besides watching replays.

husker71

I bought the sheets a couple of times in Vegas but man they were expensive back then.  Whenever we thought we might do some serious betting we would get it and split the cost.  They used to have a seminar at one place, think it was SAM's town on how to read the intricacies of the sheets.