Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belmont stakes

Started by jdelo77, June 08, 2016, 07:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

9/5 Ml on Exaggerator , no thanks ....I'll take some odds but I'm not sure who i like yet ...

HogFanInBryant

Please don't laugh...I am betting the maiden.  Not much, but I am going to bet Trojan Nation $15 WPS and then play a few $1 tri's using him in 1st and 2nd with a few others.  Basically...I have a gut feeling he will win plus he has RUN ALL FREAKING DAY breeding.  I'm expecting a big showing by him.  And...don't call me stupid but Exagg just doesn't really impress me much...nor do any of the horses in this race.

jdelo77

Its wide open , I just don't see the pace set up for the closers , I think Stradavari will be close to the pace , and I think destin could do something as well , both are Pletcher horses so that is working against me but , we will see ! I have some interest in Sudden Breaking News as well ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 08, 2016, 08:03:46 pm
Its wide open , I just don't see the pace set up for the closers , I think Stradavari will be close to the pace , and I think destin could do something as well , both are Pletcher horses so that is working against me but , we will see ! I have some interest in Sudden Breaking News as well ...

I see no Far Right  ;)

Pletcher wins this easy, Lani and SBN somewhere underneath

jdelo77

Although they say Lani has calmed down , I don't know if he can actually make a run or not , but SBN , yes I'm betting him underneath and on top ....I think exaggerator falls flat I think ...but no damn Whitmoore ...and was planning to bet $500 across lol

mckinneyhog5

I Like Stardivani...really don't think Gettysburg will go for the lead. He may try but I think Stardivani will be up front by the half mile and crusie home to hold off SBN and Creator.

I would love to get anything close to ML of 5-1 but by the time the race goes off I figure a lot of cash will be dropped on him and end up 3-1 maybe.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 08, 2016, 09:31:13 pm
Although they say Lani has calmed down , I don't know if he can actually make a run or not , but SBN , yes I'm betting him underneath and on top ....I think exaggerator falls flat I think ...but no damn Whitmoore ...and was planning to bet $500 across lol

Damn I've put them as the same horse so much I named the wrong one

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 08, 2016, 09:31:13 pm

If Lani is going to make any noise it will be here, slower pace will put him closer and he has stamina for days.  All those workouts and time on the track are made for this race.

kingoftherapids

im on SBN for sure. will looooove this distance.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 09, 2016, 11:01:23 am
im on SBN for sure. will looooove this distance.

Obviously a little more pace signed on that originally thought, but he will still have to be closer to the pace.  Think it turns into like a turf race, maybe a sole leader with a field coming after that leader at the top of the stretch.  The addition of Mike Smith can't hurt though unless Mike just goes Jerry Bailey with SBN.

"How scarce is early speed in this group of 10? Only two of the 10 have managed to have the lead as early as the second call in any race in their career past performances, and they managed to do it just once each. And the identity of these two will probably make you laugh. They are Exaggerator and Suddenbreakingnews."

That is a crazy thought.  From an article written before knew exactly who would be running, but still. 

jdelo77

Destin/SBN/Stradivari Tri box
Going to bet SBN across , I keep coming back to him ...so that's who I'll bet, I might make a few other bets as well ...

jdelo77

What's everyone's lock for tomorrow ? Flintshire looks like a rock solid single to me ...

cbhawg03

Recepta in the Just a Game

HogFanInBryant

Cathryn Sophia should win the Acorn for fun.

heavylifting

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on June 10, 2016, 10:11:37 pm
Cathryn Sophia should win the Acorn for fun.
In case it got by you, John Servis has had some irritants to deal with this past week and there's no telling how or if they will affect how his horses run.

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/dick_jerardi/20160607_Parx_trainer_John_Servis_concerned_over_allegations_of_foal_play.html

What I found interesting about this story is how the attorney of trainer Ramon Preciado interjected his client into the story so as to show how Preciado might also be the victim of foul play (not foal play as the headline states; no money left for proofreading, huh?). Preciado has been winning at something like a 40 percent clip at Parx, while transforming $5,000 claiming stock into stakes winners. He is the main reason many people no longer want anything to do with racing at that track. To suggest that Preciado and Servis are brothers in arms in some imagined fight against drug cheating and sabotage is ridiculous. The only thing Preciado would be good for is shining Servis' shoes and even that might be too good for him.

songofthesword

jdelo77

There are some tough races today ! A few head scratchers ...

mckinneyhog5

Picked the wrong Pletcher horse..even though Destin ran 2nd would have had the Tri if I played him like I did Stradivari. This year I hit the Tri in 2\3 TC races but didn't turn a profit.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ghostzapper

Frosted got a 123 for his Met Mile win.

ghostzapper

Crist has a good column today that puts Frosted's performance in context.  Hasn't been a horrse in recent years come close,  including AP.