Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other recent draftees in the minors

Started by JHicks3636, July 04, 2015, 09:34:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

July 04, 2015, 09:34:51 am Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:58:22 am by JHicks3636
Since the board is slow, I hope we can leave this here a while. I have the Benintendi thread but I am going to try to keep up with the other guys early in their careers.

Bobby Wernes is playing for the Tri-City Valley Cats, Class A short season. He has played 4 games. He is 4-15 hitting at a .267 clip.

For some reason, Tyler Spoon is on the Temporary  Inactive List. I'll try to dig for more info. He is assigned to the GCL Red Sox, the Rookie League team for the Red Sox in the Gulf Coast League. He was placed on the TIL list on July 3rd.

Trey Killian is with the Grand Junction Rockies, Rookie League affiliate. He is 1-1 after pitching in 2 games. He has a .270 era in 10 innings pitched.

Sueie

You can follow along with all of them on www.milb.com

I was checking on a game last night and wondered why it took so long to get finished.  Come to find out a player for Del Marva was taken off in an ambulance.  The Lakewood 2nd batter hit a foul ball down 3rd base line.  Del Marva shortstop called off the 3rd baseman and tried to slide to catch the foul ball.  He slid to late going full speed into the concrete wall. Shattered both knees. Tore all the ligaments in his right knee. Possibly broken left hip. Concussion and broke his nose. May never be able to play ball again.

Maddhog

Quote from: Sueie on July 04, 2015, 12:33:56 pm
You can follow along with all of them on www.milb.com

I was checking on a game last night and wondered why it took so long to get finished.  Come to find out a player for Del Marva was taken off in an ambulance.  The Lakewood 2nd batter hit a foul ball down 3rd base line.  Del Marva shortstop called off the 3rd baseman and tried to slide to catch the foul ball.  He slid to late going full speed into the concrete wall. Shattered both knees. Tore all the ligaments in his right knee. Possibly broken left hip. Concussion and broke his nose. May never be able to play ball again.

Oh my, poor kid.   Hate to hear that kind of thing.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

ucahogfan

Wernes and Benintendi are playing against each other this evening.  Also of note, former commit (never signed with us) Josh Ockimey is a teammate with Benintendi.

Hogwop

Whoa that injury sounds worse than what my friend got when he had a seizure going down the road and hit a tree, and he was in bad bad shape. Poor guy, I hope he has a full recovery but he's got a LOOOONG road ahead of him
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.