Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supplement reviews

Started by Buff, February 04, 2013, 09:29:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

We need a general thread for these. 

Now that you're reading, anyone have any first or second hand experience with Myo-X?  Curious about the idea of myostatin inhibitors.

ldfergu

Anyone ever taken Colostrum?

ldfergu

Quote from: Buff on February 04, 2013, 09:29:39 pm

Now that you're reading, anyone have any first or second hand experience with Myo-X?  Curious about the idea of myostatin inhibitors.
What is a myostatin inhibitor?

The hog wants what the hog wants

Quote from: Buff on February 04, 2013, 09:29:39 pm

Never tried the myostatin inhibitors but I did come across this website a while back.  it is just getting started but looks like it could be interesting.

https://labdoor.com/

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ldfergu on February 13, 2013, 08:37:29 pm
What is a myostatin inhibitor?

It's a supplement that is supposed to inhibit the protein myostatin. Myostatin acts as a kind of check on how big your muscles can get and as a consequence how strong those muscles can be.

With an inhibitor you're trying to mitigate the effect of this protein in order to gain muscle mass at a more efficient rate since myostatin's effect would be limited.

As far as how well they work I don't know since I've never used them but I've read that one possible side effect is a negative effect on tendon elasticity which can lead to possible injury due to a decreased ability for the tendons to act in the manner in which they were designed.

Who knows though cause like I said I've never used a myostatin inhibitor.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ldfergu

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on February 25, 2013, 08:12:56 pm
It's a supplement that is supposed to inhibit the protein myostatin. Myostatin acts as a kind of check on how big your muscles can get and as a consequence how strong those muscles can be.

With an inhibitor you're trying to mitigate the effect of this protein in order to gain muscle mass at a more efficient rate since myostatin's effect would be limited.

As far as how well they work I don't know since I've never used them but I've read that one possible side effect is a negative effect on tendon elasticity which can lead to possible injury due to a decreased ability for the tendons to act in the manner in which they were designed.

Who knows though cause like I said I've never used a myostatin inhibitor.
+1 thanks for the info

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!