Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dolphin fan since high school days

Started by elksnort, December 11, 2017, 09:03:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Jay Cutler is not the answer but he is capable making plays.  just how consistently can he do this though?

longtimeHogfan

Phin Phan here too.  They were clicking last night.  With less than 3 minutes left the Pats were 0-10 on 3rd down conversions.   In their history you think that's ever happened before?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

elksnort

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 12, 2017, 08:43:39 am
Phin Phan here too.  They were clicking last night.  With less than 3 minutes left the Pats were 0-10 on 3rd down conversions.   In their history you think that's ever happened before?
Not in a long time.

Sad thing is, Miami is not making the playoffs. When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, they seemed to always be in the playoffs.

Nice victory though.

longtimeHogfan

My Phin phandom dates to Griese, Csonka, Buoniconti etal.  #1 Garo Yopremian.   Those were the days.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

JONAS

Cutler is terrible.  I guess you can blame me for him.  I used to work with a Bears fan.  I'd crack jokes about Cutler on a daily basis.  Now he texts me since he signed with the Dolphins.

longtimeHogfan

Our son lives & works downtown Chicago.   He's a Bears fan  and a Phins phan.   He wanted him gone from Chicago.  I said you got your wish.  He said, yeah, right.

JONAS

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 12, 2017, 05:18:26 pm
My Phin phandom dates to Griese, Csonka, Buoniconti etal.  #1 Garo Yopremian.   Those were the days.

Csonka is my favorite although I only saw him on NFL films.  I also like Marino.

bennyl08

Cuter is a poor man's Brett Favre. He extends plays, has a rifle for an arm, and one of the few remaining gunslingers. Both Cutler and Favre could single handedly win you a game or lose you a game and lacked the consistency you'd want. The difference b/w the two is that Favre would do just enough to make you question benching him, but then he'd do something else that wiped any doubt away that he was your long term starter. Cutler does just enough to make you question whether he's turned a corner and could be your long term starter, but then he'll do something that makes you realize that answer is no.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

longtimeHogfan

And a side note on the phins.....they're not out of the playoff picture yet.  In a normal year 10'W's would be the threshold for getting a wildcard spot in the playoffs but the Phins could conceivably do it with 9 'W's this  year.  Even 8 isn't impossible.  Not likely, but not impossible.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 13, 2017, 09:50:12 pm
Cuter is a poor man's Brett Favre. He extends plays, has a rifle for an arm, and one of the few remaining gunslingers. Both Cutler and Favre could single handedly win you a game or lose you a game and lacked the consistency you'd want. The difference b/w the two is that Favre would do just enough to make you question benching him, but then he'd do something else that wiped any doubt away that he was your long term starter. Cutler does just enough to make you question whether he's turned a corner and could be your long term starter, but then he'll do something that makes you realize that answer is no.

This about sums it all.

Bears fan here and it was a roller coaster ride with him for 8 years.

kodiakisland

Haven't been keeping up with the NFL this year, but was looking at the box score of the Miami game and saw AJ Derby caught a pass.  I thought he was still at Denver, but it's good to see him still playing.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/