Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do we match up well with Bama?

Started by checkraiser88, February 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

I know they have a star freshmen, I just haven't watched them much this year.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm

Not at all! Sexton is a pro and they have size. It will be a miracle if Arkansas is able to beat Bama.

hogsanity

No, they have what always gives the Hogs trouble, basketball players that are also athletic.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AlmaHog2011

No we don't. Way more athletes and Gafford's lack of strength will allow us to get killed on the glass.

Over 10 dunks for Bama and probably lose by 20. Maybe 15.

Breems

Sexton would beat us by himself. The outlook is quite grim, I'm afraid.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

1highhog

Hog_Fink

im afraid we don't matchup well with any decent teams on the road, especially athletic teams with good guard play

Hoggish1

I see much penetration into the lane resulting in lobs for easy dunks.  KY gave them the recipe but their NBA coach knows that without watching the KY tape.

hobhog

Do match ups really matter with MA coached teams? Serious question.

TheRazorback500

The Tide are deep and talented. Dante Hall is playing at a high level; he should give DG all he wants. Don't forget Braxton Key. Keep an eye on Dazon Ingram. Bama is hard to beat when he's on.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

jgphillips3

Bad matchup.  We can win but we shouldn't on paper.  Maybe they have an off night though...it can happen.

TeufelHog

razorback1829

hogginbama

They are long like Kentucky, quick and Hall is powerful. Anyone going down for the game? Thinking about making the couple hour drive down from Huntsville
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

MikePiazza

At this point you just have to hope that the Hogs get implicated in the cheating scandal, Mike gets fired, our long national nightmare is over and hopefully we can hire the next coach that can get us back to 18-13 (7-11) but at least he's not Mike!
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 10:24:52 pm

This is true. He still subscribes to Nolans philosophy that we're going to play our style and make you adjust. Saw it against KY where we should have zoned up and prevent the drive penetration that was killing us.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TNhawgfan

If we try our lame ass press on them, we have no shot to win and will probably get blown out
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

razorpimp

Only way to win this game is to slow it down and grind.....the fastest40, lamest40, whatever it is will only get us beat very badly

hawg66

hogsanity

Most certainly. The Hogs feast on teams with weak guard play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hog golf

no- we do what we do. sometimes we get blown out doing that. Avery Johnson will exploit every weakness and make the necessary adjustments that gives his team the greatest opportunity to win. it's what coaches do.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hog golf on February 22, 2018, 08:37:31 am
no- we do what we do. sometimes we get blown out doing that. Avery Johnson will exploit every weakness and make the necessary adjustments that gives his team the greatest opportunity to win. it's what coaches do.

I will tell you this much. You could tell how much more prepared Avery Johnson had his team then MA in Alabama's 87-68 loss at The Bud last year. Johnson really worked in those timeouts and Mediocre Mike just sat on his hands. In year one for AJ it was apparent he was going to own MA when we went to Tuscaloosa and could only win by one.

On a serious note I really thought Avery Johnson would impress me, because I was impressed with him in the NBA. Other than getting Sexton out of Georgia and getting homegrown Petty he has done very little to impress.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The_Iceman

Expect Avery Johnson to outcoach Mediocre Mike.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm
Hogs are better at one on one play than is Alabama but Alabama is better at running sets on offense and blocking out for rebounds on both ends. Same song, 12th verse.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TrueBlue

On offense, I hope we use weave passing at the top of the circle and then settle down and let someone isolate and go one on one on every play. Hopefully take an off balanced low percentage shot.

(From page one of CMA's playbook. BTW, it is the only page in CMA's playbook)

On defense, let's trap every chance we get, but trap poorly where Bama will come down and get a wide open look.

RazorPiggie

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2018, 09:49:45 am
Expect Avery Johnson to outcoach Mediocre Mike.

Just like he did in the last two!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

cityhog

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 22, 2018, 09:58:54 am
On offense, I hope we use weave passing at the top of the circle and then settle down and let someone isolate and go one on one on every play. Hopefully take an off balanced low percentage shot.

(From page one of CMA's playbook. BTW, it is the only page in CMA's playbook)

On defense, let's trap every chance we get, but trap poorly where Bama will come down and get a wide open look.

and I would add to the defensive strategy - and foul them.

k.c.hawg

This would be a very opportune time for CJ to go home and score 10-14. Don't have a lot of faith in him doing it but it would increase our odds of winng by a good 30%.

The_Iceman

High pick and roll all game. It will expose our stupid extended man to man defense.

code red

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 22, 2018, 06:07:54 am
If we try our lame ass press on them, we have no shot to win and will probably get blown out
Mikes press has progressively regressed the last 2 years...no doubt.  Mike has GOT to get some players.  Or change his style.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou