Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stewart in the car at Richmond... Welcome Back Smoke!!!

Started by hoghelmet14, April 21, 2016, 11:51:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Racinray

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Buff

All for voicing a safety concern.  The Brian France regime needs to GTFO out of racing and let someone with some good sense about them take over.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Buff on April 21, 2016, 08:03:24 pm
All for voicing a safety concern.  The Brian France regime needs to GTFO out of racing and let someone with some good sense about them take over.

Dale Jr said the same thing..... no fine

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Racinray on April 21, 2016, 11:56:10 am
You beat me to it, I posted in the old thread. :)

Nope.... Smoke being back needs its own thread... LOL... too important!!!

riccoar

I had already selected Vickers as a C driver.  That really sucks.  I even checked on Wed to see if Stewart was listed, and he was not.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: riccoar on April 22, 2016, 09:16:13 am
I had already selected Vickers as a C driver.  That really sucks.  I even checked on Wed to see if Stewart was listed, and he was not.

I switched to Smoke as soon as I got the text....

Ramboar

Smoke has been itching to get back in the seat, Im betting checkers or wreckers for him on Sunday!
I'll be yo Huckleberry

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on April 22, 2016, 01:53:46 pm
I switched to Smoke as soon as I got the text....

I almost did but he's gonna be rusty so I'll save his starts a few weeks longer.

Buff

The Drivers Council is going to pay Tony's fine.  Hilarious.

ImHogginIt

I actually like both Waltrip's commentary but MW's pre-race walk of pit road has grown old.

Buff

Like seeing Harvick up front but Carl Edwards looks fast early on as well.

ImHogginIt

They keep saying that now having three lanes to race at this track is making for the best racing ever. I beg to differ. Long green runs like this is what bores fans to death. Commentators, drivers, ect... are out of touch with the fans.

Buff

Buff

This is fun to watch with the aero and tire packages.  They look like they're barely moving, compared to recent years here.  Carl is doing everything he can do pass Kyle Busch, but just can't get to him.

Buff

Haha Carl Edwards nearly knocked Kyle around in turn 4 on the last lap.  Yet another win for a Gibbs car. 

Racinray

ImHogginIt

Watching titty baby Kyle look like he was about to cry in his interview and his wife's disappointment in the box made my day. The racing got better late in the race when the high line went away and made it a two grove track.

Racinray

My thought has always been if you can run the car down in front of you, you should be able to drive around him, not through him.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 24, 2016, 03:28:26 pm
Watching titty baby Kyle look like he was about to cry in his interview and his wife's disappointment in the box made my day.
Yep, me too.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on April 24, 2016, 03:32:31 pm
My thought has always been if you can run the car down in front of you, you should be able to drive around him, not through him.

My thought is if the lead car is slower and in your way going into the last turn then nudge him out of the way and go to victory lane.

Oh yeah... the other titty baby Busch brother declined to be interviewed post race  :D

riccoar

My two cents.  NASCAR should leave the wheel rule the way it is now.  After listening and reading I now see what the issue is.  JGR has been using as many as 3 lug nuts on their wheels during pit stops and been killing everybody in the pits because of it.  Now, NASCAR has put very strict penalties in place should a wheel come off because of this type of use.  The issue is Stewart Haas Racing refuses to do it and wants NASCAR to mandate everyone to do it their way.  I say if your not wiling to do it, or let your team do it, then fine.  But don't complain when other do.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on April 25, 2016, 07:28:38 am
My two cents.  NASCAR should leave the wheel rule the way it is now.  After listening and reading I now see what the issue is.  JGR has been using as many as 3 lug nuts on their wheels during pit stops and been killing everybody in the pits because of it.  Now, NASCAR has put very strict penalties in place should a wheel come off because of this type of use.  The issue is Stewart Haas Racing refuses to do it and wants NASCAR to mandate everyone to do it their way.  I say if your not wiling to do it, or let your team do it, then fine.  But don't complain when other do.

I've never been a Stewart fan but he has a point here. In most of the previous races this year we've had more issues of drivers complaining about lose wheels after pit stops. It is bound to happen sooner or later as he says where a wheel comes off and a driver gets hurt or even worse a wheel flies into the stands and kills someone.

riccoar

Have you seen the penalty if that happens?  $100,000 dollar fine and a minimum four-race suspension for crew chief, tire changers or tire carriers. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on April 25, 2016, 08:04:00 am
Have you seen the penalty if that happens?  $100,000 dollar fine and a minimum four-race suspension for crew chief, tire changers or tire carriers.

So the choice is have tire fly into the stands and kill someone and then pay fine, suspensions OR use all 5 lug nuts for everyone. I'll take the five lug nut option.

Buff

There's 5 lug nuts on each wheel.  Require all 5 to be on.  Problem solved.

ImHogginIt

And boom ! NASCAR now requiring five beginning at Talladega.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 25, 2016, 04:47:23 pm
And boom ! NASCAR now requiring five beginning at Talladega.

It was stupid to go away from that.  Wonder if they will rescind Stewart's fine.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on April 25, 2016, 05:32:59 pm
It was stupid to go away from that.  Wonder if they will rescind Stewart's fine.
Not since it's TS.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on April 25, 2016, 05:32:59 pm

NASCAR leadership has been a joke for years.

riccoar

I don't think the intent was that.  I believe they probably dropped the penalty for not having all 5 on there as a result of the driver pulling away before the crew got everything square.  I believe with that grey area, some teams started toying with he rule to gain time.