Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BJOhog

getingmy acount healthy
20 units 9/26/13 12:00am  WTA Tennis  301 Venus Williams -167* vs Eugenie Bouchard

that eugene is a lil ole hottie but her last openatnt choked and she is in over her head shoudl be sure money

ur

Quote from: jdelow77 on September 25, 2013, 05:29:17 pm
Heading to Vegas Friday , I love LSU +3 ...
Does anyone know if you can play parlays in the sports book ? Sorry I've never bet on sports in Vegas ( just horses )
Sell your house, car, and cash in all your accounts and put it on that team we are not supposed to put it on. 

BJOhog

i like lsu in that game but there are to many games that you have a hier chance to hit on. georgia can score on anyone even lsu and bama. i just dont see raational in playing lsu even though like i said i like em in that game

jdelo77

Quote from: ur on September 25, 2013, 07:05:03 pm
Sell your house, car, and cash in all your accounts and put it on that team we are not supposed to put it on. 

I might lay $100 on them but , that's my limit ...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 07:07:03 pm
i like lsu in that game but there are to many games that you have a hier chance to hit on. georgia can score on anyone even lsu and bama. i just dont see raational in playing lsu even though like i said i like em in that game

Georgia's offense is good but their defense is not good.

LSU's offense is good and so is their defense.

I think this is pretty much a no-brainer no matter where they are playing.
Go Hogs Go!

BJOhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 25, 2013, 07:15:52 pm
Georgia's offense is good but their defense is not good.

LSU's offense is good and so is their defense.

I think this is pretty much a no-brainer no matter where they are playing.

i agre jsut there are better bets out there right now
and never say no brainer when dealing with vegas their lines are dead on. they nailed the raider one last night i pushed a bunch of dangoon bets

modifyd here htye gave up 27 to a dilapateted tcu team
they played three games at night at home
no dont take lus expecting easy money. expect grey hairs if you take lsu. like i said its a decent bet but not a smart one if you are expecting easy money

BJOhog

September 25, 2013, 07:29:34 pm #4656 Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:41:49 pm by billyjoeozark
so far this wekend im looking at wisky, toledo, va tech. i think those are more sure winners than lsu. hoho but that all being said i might lay a litle on lsu too

i like notre dame to
but not a ton

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 07:29:34 pm
so far this wekend im looking at wisky, toledo, va tech. i think those are more sure winners than lsu. hoho but that all being said i might lay a litle on lsu too

I'm on the other side of Toledo. Aren't they playing Ball St and +2.5?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 07:20:27 pm
i agre jsut there are better bets out there right now
and never say no brainer when dealing with vegas their lines are dead on. they nailed the raider one last night i pushed a bunch of dangoon bets

modifyd here htye gave up 27 to a dilapateted tcu team
they played three games at night at home
no dont take lus expecting easy money. expect grey hairs if you take lsu. like i said its a decent bet but not a smart one if you are expecting easy money

Georgia isn't beating LSU, even at their place.
Go Hogs Go!

checkraiser88

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 25, 2013, 07:33:19 pm

Ya, I got Ball State -2.5 in that one!

BJOhog

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 25, 2013, 07:33:19 pm

yep. and ball state is a great team a great team
but toledo has won money for me all 4 weeks im gonna ride them till they drop
dont get me wong im not going to put a lot on them but im gonna ride them

they are my 2013 bufalo bulls

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 25, 2013, 11:06:22 am
I agree 100%. LSU finally has an offense to go along with the athletes they possess on defense. LSU may be the SEC champs this year.

^^^ this!
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

been puting beting stuf on the tweeter today
anyof you boys have a tweeter add me and ill add you

im @billyjoozark i think

id like it ti get going lot of negatevity on hogvile makes me shy away at times ahear

OldCoot

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 07:57:41 pm
been puting beting stuf on the tweeter today
anyof you boys have a tweeter add me and ill add you

im @billyjoozark i think

id like it ti get going lot of negatevity on hogvile makes me shy away at times ahear

Couldn't find you.

BJOhog

i dono why i am new at this all crap sory man what is yours ill ad you

BJOhog

btw on the arkansas game the computers are really spoting off at a -3 and vegas doent no what to do. everyoine knows the line should be about 15 but the computers state -3 i had a friend confirm this. i cant wait to see the pandamoniam when its all decided

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 09:26:25 pm
btw on the arkansas game the computers are really spoting off at a -3 and vegas doent no what to do. everyoine knows the line should be about 15 but the computers state -3 i had a friend confirm this. i cant wait to see the pandamoniam when its all decided

link to said computers?

no one will have it at -3. not in this life or the next.

the idiots on drive time jorts were slobbering at the mouth with this yesterday. for some reason half the mouthbreathers in arkansas are convinced we are only a +3 dog this weekend and have a shot to win.

barf

BJOhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 25, 2013, 09:31:44 pm
link to said computers?

no one will have it at -3. not in this life or the next.

the idiots on drive time jorts were slobbering at the mouth with this yesterday. for some reason half the mouthbreathers in arkansas are convinced we are only a +3 dog this weekend and have a shot to win.

barf
i thought it was all balnoie to but when the ark line didnt come out as usual today i started calling folks
it aint gonna open at 3 but there seems to be a ole standoff in vegas to see who opens what first

i still recon a 15 point spred

DadVader1

My gut agrees with the consensus that LSU should cover, but a decent number of trends hitting at 60+% pick Georgia to cover.  I think LSU covers, but when my gut says LSU and the spreadsheets say Georgia, my head tells me to look for another game or at least keep the play small.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 25, 2013, 07:34:50 pm
yep. and ball state is a great team a great team
but toledo has won money for me all 4 weeks im gonna ride them till they drop
dont get me wong im not going to put a lot on them but im gonna ride them

they are my 2013 bufalo bulls

I understand completely. I'm playing the same game with Georgia Tech this week. One of us will be happy.

Looks like i'm going to keep it to just a few plays this week.

Ball St +3  2*
Ga Tech  -7 1*
LSU  +3 2*
Washington -10 1*

are my likely plays. Probably be some sort of parlays also. I'm looking at Oregon also. They are a machine this year, chewing teams up and spitting them out. I figure if they can handle Tennessee like they did, then Cal shouldn't be a problem. Still holding off before I make it an official play.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

DadVader1

I wish I had spotted Washington when they were -8.  At -8, the spreadsheets absolutely loved Washington.  At -10, I still like it, but decided to pass.

widespreadsooie

Locked in thus far:

Washington -8...2u
LSU +3...1u
Wazzu +10...1u

Still looking into FSU -21.5 (want it to drop to 21), TUL/ULM u57, and ORE/CAL u84. Don't see Cal scoring more than 21.

widespreadsooie

September 26, 2013, 08:14:43 am #4672 Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:22:44 pm by widespreadsooie
smack that

Vegas showing Derby probable (didn't know he even had a. Injury) showing B Allen doubtful as of now.
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 26, 2013, 08:28:59 am
Vegas showing Derby probable (didn't know he even had a. Injury) showing B Allen doubtful as of now.

Is a line ever going to come out for our game?

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2013, 08:34:07 am
Is a line ever going to come out for our game?

My guess is before the end of today they will have a line.  Just a guess.
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Anyone like the under in the GT/VT game? Two top 15 D's and VT's god awful O make for a low scoring game in my opinion. 21-14 type of game.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2013, 09:02:29 am
Anyone like the under in the GT/VT game? Two top 15 D's and VT's god awful O make for a low scoring game in my opinion. 21-14 type of game.

agree with ya here

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2013, 09:02:29 am

I don't know, kinda looks like a 31-17 GT win to me. That's 48 points and the total is at 43 today.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Tell me what you guys think of this one.

N. Illinois (-3 1/2) 48 @ Purdue           N. Illinois -3 1/2

Weather projected to be sunny, 67 degrees, very little wind.

Neither team can play defense, but N. Illinois generates over 500 yds of total offense per game and Purdue avgs 246 p/game.

I think N. Illinois wins this one by 13, maybe more.

Did Vegas miss on this one?
Go Hogs Go!

ur

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 26, 2013, 10:39:37 am
Tell me what you guys think of this one.

N. Illinois (-3 1/2) 48 @ Purdue           N. Illinois -3 1/2

Weather projected to be sunny, 67 degrees, very little wind.

Neither team can play defense, but N. Illinois generates over 500 yds of total offense per game and Purdue avgs 246 p/game.

I think N. Illinois wins this one by 13, maybe more.

Did Vegas miss on this one?
NI burned me @ Idaho. How can you not cover at Idaho? They haven't covered in the last two weeks. Now with me saying this they will win by 20.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/northern-illinois
I like GT but not touching o/u. I would lean more O.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ur on September 26, 2013, 11:06:03 am
NI burned me @ Idaho. How can you not cover at Idaho? They haven't covered in the last two weeks. Now with me saying this they will win by 20.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/northern-illinois

I understand but look at what that point spread was. Like you, I would have thought they would have won that by more than 10. Don't know what happened there.
Go Hogs Go!

widespreadsooie

NIU isn't as reliable as they used to be with Doreen at NC St. now. He had NIU playing consistent, dominant football last season.

Regarding GT/VT, this article may lead you to take the points and/or the under, reinforced my under lean:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-tech-vs-georgia-tech-bud-foster-hokies-have-been-able-to-crack-the-yellow-jackets-riddle/2013/09/25/df78b9a4-261b-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_story.html

widespreadsooie

I just grabbed Bama -14 for a unit. Can't believe it got down that far.

DadVader1

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2013, 11:45:21 am
NIU isn't as reliable as they used to be with Doreen at NC St. now. He had NIU playing consistent, dominant football last season.

Regarding GT/VT, this article may lead you to take the points and/or the under, reinforced my under lean:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-tech-vs-georgia-tech-bud-foster-hokies-have-been-able-to-crack-the-yellow-jackets-riddle/2013/09/25/df78b9a4-261b-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_story.html

Good research and good find.  I need to re-learn/re-establish some of those good habits and routines that you guys had drummed into me by late season last year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ur on September 26, 2013, 11:06:03 am
I like GT but not touching o/u. I would lean more O.

You know, I went back and ran the numbers on two of their games with the stats that were current at the time. That Idaho game should never have had a -30 line. More like -15. But the formula I used would have had me taking Idaho +30.

Similar result on the E. Illinois game. Yeah, an FCS school, but one that generates a little over 600 yds of total offense per game and who beat San Diego St. the first game of the season to the tune of 40-19. That game (NIU vs E. Illinois) had a line of -14. I had E. Illinois actually winning that by 4 instead of NIU so I would have definitely snatched up that +14.

Now having said all of that, like you I woudn't be surprised if my little formula backfired on me this weekend and Purdue beats them, but it still looks like a 10 point win for NIU. We'll see. Purdue is pitiful on both offense and defense so if they pull this one out, I'll be shocked.
Go Hogs Go!

Let's make some waves.

Oliver

MuskogeeHogFan

Anyone looking at the Stanford (-10) 47-1/2 @ Washington State game?
Go Hogs Go!

Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

DadVader1

It opened at -14 on bookmaker.  I couldn't resist buying the hook and taking 2 units at -13.5.

Hawgndaaz

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Bellhog63

Call  it like you see it but respect others opinions!

SPAL

September 26, 2013, 02:28:40 pm #4696 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:46:26 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Va tech +7.5. 3 units.....W

SF -3.5/o42  1 unit parlay .....W

I think I deserved that backdoor cover after last week

widespreadsooie

I had AR +13 in a GOY play, had to hedge with A&M -14. I'll be highly upset if we lose by 13.

Sir pigs, I'm waiting for my book to push VT to 7.5 and I'll more than likely be with you.

Another play I added this afternoon is Ore/Cal u84. I really think Vegas is underrating Oregon's D here at home against a Freshman QB.

Hawgndaaz

a&m just opened at -14.5 on mine , 62 total

Think i'm going to do my first teaser of the year,

A&M -8.5, 58pts OVER

thoughts?

BJOhog

September 26, 2013, 03:28:27 pm #4699 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:03:38 pm by billyjoeozark
all the lines are moving to dang fast
9/26/13 7:30pm  College Football  103 Virginia Tech +235* vs Georgia Tech
   9/28/13 3:00pm  College Football  119 Toledo -103* vs Ball State
9/28/13 6:30pm  College Football  145 Mississippi +14½ -110* vs Alabama
9/28/13 7:00pm  College Football  154 Arkansas +15 -110* vs Texas A&M
   9/28/13 3:30pm  College Football  156 Notre Dame +3½ -110* vs Oklahoma
9/28/13 12:00pm  College Football  174 Central Florida +7 -120* vs South Carolina

thats all im doing this weekend the only one i feel like is a lock is notre dame so ill go 5 units on that all the others 1 unit

adding this
9/27/13 2:30am  WTA Tennis  302 Petra Kvitova -135* vs Venus Williams
venus made me a healthy sum ayersterday but now im going against her she had some troubles against that bourchard woman and kvitkova is a younger stronger player that is in  great form

forgot to ad one i made yester day   
Pending   9/28/13 8:00pm  College Football  191 Wisconsin +240* vs Ohio State
i go two units i really like this play i think the points are a sure thing but i can make to much dang money off of the money line