Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

During the last five seasons

Started by rzrbackramsfan, January 14, 2018, 11:23:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

During the last five seasons, Arkansas is tied for second in the SEC in league wins with 36. Missouri ranks 14th in the conference with 10 victories.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/hogs-use-late-run-to-defeat-missouri/

Good job Mike.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 11:23:25 am
During the last five seasons, Arkansas is tied for second in the SEC in league wins with 36. Missouri ranks 14th in the conference with 10 victories.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/hogs-use-late-run-to-defeat-missouri/

Good job Mike.
Must be a typo because I know we've won more than 36 conference games over the last five seasons.

Good point though. We're 2nd in the league and Mizzou tanked after Mike left.

Atlhogfan1

Those numbers aren't correct.  Last 3+ seasons.  Our own SID office even does a poor job of selling this. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorpimp

Yea it's over the last 3+ seasons, Mike record during his 6+ seasons is 62-49.

donbro

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 02:44:14 pm
Quit making stuff up. Mike has won more than 10 games a year.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 14, 2018, 12:45:05 pm
Those numbers aren't correct.  Last 3+ seasons.  Our own SID office even does a poor job of selling this.

I should've caught that. 

Anyways, is Arkansas still tied for second over that span?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 02:44:14 pm

I wonder how Arkansas' record ranks in the sec over that the 6+ seasons. 

razorpimp

Quote from: donbro on January 14, 2018, 02:57:57 pm
Quit making stuff up. Mike has won more than 10 games a year.

Dude calm down and read the OP....SEC record...that's his SEC record....geez you Mediocre Mike fans are wild

donbro

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 03:02:36 pm
Dude calm down and read the OP....SEC record...that's his SEC record....geez you Mediocre Mike fans are wild
You call Mike Anderson mediocre. He makes over $2 million a year. I doubt if you make over $30,000 a year. Think about that for second

elksnort

Quote from: donbro on January 14, 2018, 03:27:14 pm
You call Mike Anderson mediocre. He makes over $2 million a year. I doubt if you make over $30,000 a year. Think about that for second
Fallacious post.

razorpimp

Quote from: donbro on January 14, 2018, 03:27:14 pm

So the amount of money someone makes or has is all that matters on the quality of their abilities....

Bret Bielema made more per year than Mike Anderson

BB > MA

Was Bielema a good coach?

I bet you are a genius!  You must be really rich! 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 03:00:04 pm
I wonder how Arkansas' record ranks in the sec over that the 6+ seasons.
SEC wins over the last 6 seasons not counting this year.

Kentucky 87
Florida 73
Arkansas 60
Ole Miss 60
UGA 56
Vandy 55
Alabama 54
UT 53
A&M 51 (1 Year in B12)
LSU 49
Mizzou 42 (1 Year in B12)
USC 40
MSU 34
Auburn 30

Not mediocre at all. Not great, but to call it mediocre would be misusing the word.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 14, 2018, 07:12:56 pm
SEC wins over the last 6 seasons not counting this year.

Kentucky 87
Florida 73
Arkansas 60
Ole Miss 60
UGA 56
Vandy 55
Alabama 54
UT 53
A&M 51 (1 Year in B12)
LSU 49
Mizzou 42 (1 Year in B12)
USC 40
MSU 34
Auburn 30

Not mediocre at all. Not great, but to call it mediocre would be misusing the word.

Ahh why don't people aconowledge this?! And when you take out the first two rebuilding years you know We would either be a clear cut third or maybe second.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 08:15:56 pm
Ahh why don't people aconowledge this?! And when you take out the first two rebuilding years you know We would either be a clear cut third or maybe second.
And.....according to this board, Mike can't recruit and he's a mediocre coach at best. So....how does someone that can't coach and can't recruit end up 3rd in a 14 team league in wins over a 6 year period? How is that possible?

razorpimp

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 14, 2018, 08:51:51 pm
And.....according to this board, Mike can't recruit and he's a mediocre coach at best. So....how does someone that can't coach and can't recruit end up 3rd in a 14 team league in wins over a 6 year period? How is that possible?

Well...over the last six years the SEC has easily been ranked the worst P5 conference, definitely worse than the Big East, possibly worse than the American.....so 7th or 8th best conference....being toward the top of the SEC the last 6 years isn't saying much

Please give me the average ranking of all of his recruiting classes....

Lipstick on a pig my friends, lipstick on a pig, but you folks keep up the good work!  I guess we should have kept Bielema too

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 09:26:42 pm
Well...over the last six years the SEC has easily been ranked the worst P5 conference, definitely worse than the Big East, possibly worse than the American.....so 7th or 8th best conference....being toward the top of the SEC the last 6 years isn't saying much

Lipstick on a pig my friends, lipstick on a pig, but you folks keep up the good work!  I guess we should have kept Bielema too
because the SEC is not a basketball conference and it's hard to recruit in the SEC until lately because a few more good coaches have came in, Mike rose to be a  top 3 coach in the SEC starting 3 years and we will see if he can stay up there with all these new great minds coming in the know how to sweet talk a recruit.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Adam Stokes

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 09:26:42 pm

SEC has never been worse then the American, ever. Normally in the #5 or #6 spot. #4 this year, likely #2 for at-large teams.

Biggest reason we haven't gotten more teams to the dance is Florida and Kentucky get 15+ wins in conference and then the rest get stuck at 10-8 with bad enough resumes to not get in. Won't be an issue this year.

Peter Porker

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 08:15:56 pm

How many of those teams had coaching changes during that time? Which ones made the Big Dance, Sweet Sixteen, etc?

Being the top turd on a pile of turds doesn't mean a whole lot.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Kevin

How many conference titles has that equated too?

How many NCAA tournament berth and wins in that time frame?

Amazing how far people have to dig to justify cma is more than just a starry coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin on January 14, 2018, 10:16:07 pm
How many conference titles has that equated too?

How many NCAA tournament berth and wins in that time frame?

Amazing how far people have to dig to justify cma is more than just a starry coach

I'm not digging deep, I just have different metrics than you. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 14, 2018, 10:04:00 pm
How many of those teams had coaching changes during that time? Which ones made the Big Dance, Sweet Sixteen, etc?

Exactly, teams have up and downs, Bruce pearls great today, how about 2 years from now?

If you want to see how we fare the past three or four years though, be my guest. 

Stay in the stop of the conference, make the tourney, and we'll get where we want to be.  Have faith young grass hopper.

hobhog

He's done an admirable job.

Now I'd like to hire a coach to win us championships. Break the bank.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 14, 2018, 10:04:00 pm

Most reasonable people would say that 3rd isn't a turd. It doesn't fit your agenda, I get that. Actually it means our program has improved greatly since he took over. We used to be the bottom turd.

Heath/Pel: 56-88
Mike 62-49

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hobhog on January 14, 2018, 10:34:47 pm

Now here's a man with integrity. At least you can say he's done a good job. If someone wants to make this point that's understandable.

rzrbackramsfan

Mike hasn't peaked yet, though.  He keeps on getting better players and better results off those classes, and then... better players.

Kevin

this.

like I have said, he is win/loss total will be steady. No real highs & No disasters
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

3kgthog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 11:03:28 pm
Mike hasn't peaked yet, though.  He keeps on getting better players and better results off those classes, and then... better players.

He peaked at Mizzou. And let's not kid ourselves, he's not even getting better players than Stan Heath did.