Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Gus tears are flowing in NW Arkansas

Started by snoot hoggy hog, November 25, 2017, 05:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Sad day for those who thought the Gus Bus was coming to Fayetteville.

010HogFan

I don't find it particularly funny that we are going to miss out on a good fit for our coach. To each his own.

bphi11ips

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 25, 2017, 05:27:02 pm

You have no clue. The soap opera in NWA is why Auburn is beating Alabama.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Torqued pork

Who would want a coach who has beaten #1 two out of the last three games anyway. To make matters worse he would bring serious recruiting ties to some extremely fertile recruiting grounds. We don't want anyone like that coaching our Hogs.

StuartDavin

Were people assuming Auburn would fire him? I thought all the Gus to Arkansas talk was based on him WANTING to come back home. If that's the case..why would winning the Iron Bowl suddenly make him not want to?

HawgWild

Any Gus pumpers willing to offer a wager that he will be the next UAF coach?

dfwalumdad

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 25, 2017, 05:27:02 pm

yeah silly us for wanting a coach that will being playing for his second national championship in the same 5 year period that fat bertrum won 11 games! god how stupid are we!

don't you guy's know? winning is the new losing!

HawgWild

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 25, 2017, 05:45:42 pm
yeah silly us for wanting a coach that will being playing for his second national championship in the same 5 year period that fat bertrum won 11 games! god how stupid are we!

There's a big difference between wanting someone to come and someone coming.

jjdlc

You know I doubt he was ever coming anyway, but just because he won doesn't mean he won't come.  If he wants to come he'll come either way.

snoot hoggy hog

Hell I want Bill Belichick to be our coach but it ain't happening.

Hoggie17

We want honor students playing for the Hogs. heck with winning. 

lumphog

Why.... IF he WANTS to come home... what's stopping him? We're fixing to SEE if Gus wants to come here

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: HawgWild on November 25, 2017, 05:43:34 pm
Any Gus pumpers willing to offer a wager that he will be the next UAF coach?

I didn't even realize The University of Alaska Fairbanks had an opening.

hawginbigd1

Yeah only about 10 dominoes have to fall exactly right in the next week and he could make the playoffs, but seen your penchant for JMSU

lakecityhog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 25, 2017, 07:49:59 pm
Yeah only about 10 dominoes have to fall exactly right in the next week and he could make the playoffs, but seen your penchant for JMSU

10? seriously?? Just how stupid are you? I mean really 10?????

MC_Hog

And if Gus would have been hired 5 yrs ago, he would have been fired Friday. Each program is different. Auburn is 2 hrs from Atlanta, and close to Florida & have top 15 classes every year. Could Gus have won here with all his classes in the high 20's or 30's? His style of football doesn't work well with less talent.

The Boar War

Someday I'm going to have to hear the reasons for all the anger towards Gus.  Surely it's not the 2006 season.

It's just odd to sit here and read about all the deficiencies of the coach who just beat Bama and has a path to the national championship.

Bkhardicars

Admittedly, I was a little Bummed out as I think he was the safest hire.During the past few days though, I started warming up to the NORVELL, Leach, even Kiffin talk. I think Kiffin would be as interesting as Leach...whoever we get, will likely be an upgrade and I'm sure many viable names have been vetted and all the eggs were not in the GUs basket..

RedBird5

Quote from: The Boar War on November 25, 2017, 11:04:36 pm
Someday I'm going to have to hear the reasons for all the anger towards Gus.  Surely it's not the 2006 season.

It's just odd to sit here and read about all the deficiencies of the coach who just beat Bama and has a path to the national championship.

It's odd people have different opinions? 

Tony Perkis

goodguytex

I just think it's hilarious to see so many people, most church going people, that have this almost god like feeling toward Gus Malzahn. Some folks need to get a grip.

wildhogman

Funny and irony is: People think Gus will out scheme/coach/ get his player to out play Georgia for a second time and get into the playoffsto win an NC.  Same people think for the same reasons, scheme, out coach, out play, that Gus will beat Clemson whom they lost to earlier in the year. 
Reality, if Aubbie has to play a rematch with Bama in the playoffs like Lsu did one year in bcs, and Bama gets half the player back from injury they lost, it just might be a similar outcome as that BCS bowl.
Hilarious would be The second scenario playing out and aubbie in a fit of rage from losing to Bama when it counted most and losing out on some hardware, fires Gus and we already have a HC leaving him no where to run

casken

Quote from: wildhogman on November 26, 2017, 06:15:25 am
Funny and irony is: People think Gus will out scheme/coach/ get his player to out play Georgia for a second time and get into the playoffsto win an NC.  Same people think for the same reasons, scheme, out coach, out play, that Gus will beat Clemson whom they lost to earlier in the year. 
Reality, if Aubbie has to play a rematch with Bama in the playoffs like Lsu did one year in bcs, and Bama gets half the player back from injury they lost, it just might be a similar outcome as that BCS bowl.
Hilarious would be The second scenario playing out and aubbie in a fit of rage from losing to Bama when it counted most and losing out on some hardware, fires Gus and we already have a HC leaving him no where to run

After beating two #1s not even Auburn is going to fire Gus...despite Hogville gossip.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Styflin

Quote from: wildhogman on November 26, 2017, 06:15:25 am

Keep dreaming

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: goodguytex on November 26, 2017, 04:43:49 am
I just think it's hilarious to see so many people, most church going people, that have this almost god like feeling toward Gus Malzahn. Some folks need to get a grip.

Church people are the worst