Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Decommitments

Started by hardcorehogfan, July 30, 2007, 09:20:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hardcorehogfan

With recruiting going as well as it is this early, I can see the potential to lose some recruits later in the year.  I am particular worried about the out of stater that are committing to us without an in state offer.  I hope that these commitments stick, but odds are we will lose a couple.  Which one do you guys think we might lose?

JackJohnson

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 30, 2007, 09:20:52 pm
With recruiting going as well as it is this early, I can see the potential to lose some recruits later in the year.  I am particular worried about the out of stater that are committing to us without an in state offer.  I hope that these commitments stick, but odds are we will lose a couple.  Which one do you guys think we might lose?

You hate to say any, but if i had to guess, it would be:

Okpara- should nebraska convince him to visit
Guy- Kentucky's Ace Recruiter Joker Phillips is said to be all over him still
Robinson- should Alabama offer
Wright, Cruz and Childs- if our passing game reverts back to the post Stoener/Fergurson days of the past 7 years

All the rest should have no reason to...

HoopHog

I think we stand pretty solidly with all the guys we have so far.  No offensive tackles who are debating staying home because their mom wants em to do so (like last year)...like Myron McKinney from two years ago.  Actually, that is the only decommittment we have had in the last two years (outside of regular season transfers...as we all know). 

We will just have to wait and see.

SwinedMelon

Guy DOES NOT want to play in KY- especially for Little Blue. If he decommitted, it would be for someone who hasn't offered. yet.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

COCHISE

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 09:52:17 pm
I think we stand pretty solidly with all the guys we have so far.  No offensive tackles who are debating staying home because their mom wants em to do so (like last year)...like Myron McKinney from two years ago.  Actually, that is the only decommittment we have had in the last two years (outside of regular season transfers...as we all know). 

Chavis Williams decommited last year once Alabama finally offered.

HoopHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 30, 2007, 09:56:50 pm

Yep...just recalled that when reading JJ's thread.  Man, I totally blinked out when he committed to the Hogs...hardly any recollection of it at all.  Hell, I remember more about McKinney from two years ago than Williams last year...other than the fact that he was really slight of build...which is why Alabama has moved him to a linebacker position.

JackJohnson

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 10:05:24 pm
Quote from: 870 RZR on July 30, 2007, 09:56:50 pm

Yep...just recalled that when reading JJ's thread.  Man, I totally blinked out when he committed to the Hogs...hardly any recollection of it at all.  Hell, I remember more about McKinney from two years ago than Williams last year...other than the fact that he was really slight of build...which is why Alabama has moved him to a linebacker position.

Bama sees him as an OLB in their 3-4 scheme, ala Jason Taylor at Miami(same type build and athleticism)

hawgwild1087

Im a little worried about Shuler. He seemed to commit in a hurry without taking a visit or anything, and his offer list is pretty impressive.  Isnt he still scheduled to take several visits to Ohio St, WV, etc?

Zen_Hog

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on July 30, 2007, 10:34:23 pm
Im a little worried about Shuler. He seemed to commit in a hurry without taking a visit or anything, and his offer list is pretty impressive.  Isnt he still scheduled to take several visits to Ohio St, WV, etc?

He was convinced to commit with guaranteed playing time with the departure of Peyton Hillis. He also had a coach on him that has University of Arkansas ties who teaches at his school.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HoopHog

Well, he did commit rather quickly.  He has not taken any official visits (at least none are mentioned on either Rivals or Scout), but has made visits to the Florida schools.  He may visit some schools before signing day, he may not.  As of right now, our offense favors him running the ball as a fullback...as compared to West Virginia's spread offense.  Additionally, he wants to play ball in the SEC and he has conected with Coach Woods.

Hopefully, Peyton can keep healthy this season and really show him how integral the fullback is to our offensive scheme.  Comparatively speaking, with the exception of Nebraska, this will keep Arkansas above the present competition (if there happens to be any) when comparing our running game to teams like Louisville or West Virginia.  It might be a completely different scenario if Florida State offers and pursues it hard. 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: mj4president on July 30, 2007, 11:01:54 pm
What about Matt Hall?

He's been committed to the University longer than anyone else in the class.  What makes you think he would want to decommit?

HoopHog

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 30, 2007, 11:06:51 pm
Quote from: mj4president on July 30, 2007, 11:01:54 pm
What about Matt Hall?

He's been committed to the University longer than anyone else in the class.  What makes you think he would want to decommit?

Ditto...don't worry about Matt, he is a Hog.

HoopHog

...or any of em till February. :)

Hawgballz

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 11:01:56 pm

Well, he did commit rather quickly.  He has not taken any official visits (at least none are mentioned on either Rivals or Scout), but has made visits to the Florida schools.  He may visit some schools before signing day, he may not.  As of right now, our offense favors him running the ball as a fullback...as compared to West Virginia's spread offense.  Additionally, he wants to play ball in the SEC and he has conected with Coach Woods.

Hopefully, Peyton can keep healthy this season and really show him how integral the fullback is to our offensive scheme.  Comparatively speaking, with the exception of Nebraska, this will keep Arkansas above the present competition (if there happens to be any) when comparing our running game to teams like Louisville or West Virginia.  It might be a completely different scenario if Florida State offers and pursues it hard. 

Shuler has stated many times that he wants out of Florida so I don't see FSU as being a threat.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HoopHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 30, 2007, 11:31:31 pm

Shuler has stated many times that he wants out of Florida so I don't see FSU as being a threat.

HOnestly, I don't either.  But, you have to think about the pursuasive efforts of the local program if they set their sites on a blossoming prospect.  Personally, I think Shuler is as solid as anyone in this current class.  It is just hard to guage when there isn't a lot of information around a signee.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 11:37:38 pm
Quote from: Hawgballz on July 30, 2007, 11:31:31 pm

HOnestly, I don't either.  But, you have to think about the pursuasive efforts of the local program if they set their sites on a blossoming prospect.  Personally, I think Shuler is as solid as anyone in this current class.  It is just hard to guage when there isn't a lot of information around a signee.

Agreed
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wu Tang Clan

Thomas Shuler, and Marcal Robinson will be hard to hold on to. 

NathanArizona

That is a very unproductive post!

SoTexHog

Well we could always go after  Alfred Dupree, 3* rivals - 4* scout linebacker who committed to OkSt.  It'd be good to steal one from them.  Only prob is he has a 2.4 GPA and 650 SAT.  May not qualify for the SEC.  Big 12 yes, SEC no.

351hog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 30, 2007, 11:43:30 pm

Thomas Shuler, and Marcal Robinson will be hard to hold on to. 

Those are the 2 I was thinking, just b/c they have not been on campus yet.  The only other I see as a maybe would be Jalani Smith....if LSU came calling.