Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A 5 Star recruit

Started by hvsupastar, July 30, 2007, 05:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Is there any 5 star recruit that is interested in us that we could sign to really put an explanation point on this years draft class?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

PhillyHog

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 30, 2007, 05:38:01 pm
Is there any 5 star recruit that is interested in us that we could sign to really put an explanation point on this years draft class?

A lot of that will be determined once the season gets under way.  That is when you bring in these elite players to attend games broadcast around the nation.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Eric Cartman

the only guy i could even remotely see is arthur brown

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 05:44:37 pm

Recall how they were jumping on the bandwagon like crazy once Arkansas got on that winning streak and the Game-Day tv time (Not them actually being in Fayetteville) was devoted to our program.  Exposure will do its part once the season is under-way it doesn't take much effort to recruit when your being mentioned as a possible candidate to a BCS bowl.....and with our schedule I could very easily see that.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Eric Cartman

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 30, 2007, 05:58:16 pm
Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 05:44:37 pm

Recall how they were jumping on the bandwagon like crazy once Arkansas got on that winning streak and the Game-Day tv time (Not them actually being in Fayetteville) was devoted to our program.  Exposure will do its part once the season is under-way it doesn't take much effort to recruit when your being mentioned as a possible candidate to a BCS bowl.....and with our schedule I could very easily see that.

i agree with you sir, but i believe the success of the 2007 year will have a bigger effect of us getting 4-5 star guys in the 09 class than the 08 (like this year)

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Shizzle

I agree the class of 09 should benefit more from all of this than anyone. I forsee us having a 9 win season this year and that should make our recruiting even better in the future. I think this class will be a huge building block for the future.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

3kgthog

I must've missed it when all the big-time studs were jumping on the Razorback bandwagon during the winning streak that preceded the annual end of season meltdown.

Shizzle

I think we have got some great prospects. 3ktghog What may I ask do you think is the reason we are landing these guys? You apparently don't think 10 wins helped. Please enlighten us on why we are having a great early recruiting period.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

1longshot

i think he's still looking for stars

NathanArizona

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 30, 2007, 07:22:04 pm
I must've missed it when all the big-time studs were jumping on the Razorback bandwagon during the winning streak that preceded the annual end of season meltdown.

what?

The_Bionic_Pig

Maybe I should have stated hype machine.  ESPN & CBS does a majority of the recruiting for any program.  I know you recall what happened after the Arkansas -vs- Tennessee game, it was amazing ->   [youtube=425,350]zXtjK1nOTRM[/youtube]
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HoopHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 30, 2007, 05:38:01 pm

Absolutely.

It is a slim possibility, but many players are re-evaluated mid-year and at the end of the high school season.  So, several recruits on the Hogs wish list are currently 4 star prospects.  Any of these guys could close the year being bumped up to a 5 star prospect.  Here are the ones to watch:

Joe Adams (WR)
CAC

Aaron Boyd (WR)
Kentucky

Jameel Owens (WR)
Oklahoma

Chris Tolliver (WR)
Louisiana

Tyler Edwards (TE)
Louisiana

Barrett Jones (OL)
Tennessee

Zebrie Sanders (OL)
Ohio

Stacy McGee (DT)
Oklahoma

Charles Mitchell (CB)
Mississippi

Jerico Nelson (ATH)
Louisiana

Burton Scott (ATH)
Alabama

Kye Staley (ATH)
Oklahoma

Additionally, there are also those occassions when a prospect isn't even on one teams radar at this point in the season but is later in the seasonm...like Felix Jones was for the Razorbacks.  SO...the one thing that is constant is that things will change!

NathanArizona

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 30, 2007, 11:33:49 pm

Maybe I should have stated hype machine.  ESPN & CBS does a majority of the recruiting for any program.  I know you recall what happened after the Arkansas -vs- Tennessee game, it was amazing ->   [youtube=425,350]zXtjK1nOTRM[/youtube]
Awesome video! +1