Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting article on Winston Guy

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 30, 2007, 05:16:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

jbhicks

Very interesting....Guess he and pops didn't want to wait any longer! WPS!  :razorback:

Cresthog

good read. Guy wants to play with Boyd huh....i'm not so sure we would take Boyd even though he is a 4 star WR.

killamon

The Boar War

Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 05:23:28 pm
good read. Guy wants to play with Boyd huh....i'm not so sure we would take Boyd even though he is a 4 star WR.

Clue me in here; why wouldn't we "take" a 4 star WR?

jbhicks

The Coletrain

Interesting that Boyd does have us listed as medium interest according to Rivals. 

Also interesting that Guy was quoted as saying he "loves" Coach Nutt.  That's always encouraging to hear.   
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 
Please, clue everybody in on this one. Why in the world would we not take a superb athlete like Aaron Boyd?
     Boyd would be welcomed anyday of the week on the Arkansas football team. Come on in, Aaron Boyd, and join the Razorbacks. We are the team for ya'.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

aaron_c

July 30, 2007, 10:18:59 pm #8 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:20:59 pm by aaron_c
"Coach Brooks told not to commit until I had my final decision set. I am taking that advice,"

Straight from that article.  Sounds pretty solid to me  :razorback:

EDIT:  As long as Ohio State doesn't decide to go after him for some reason   ::)

"Even though he's lived in Lexington all his life, he shyly admits his favorite team is Ohio State.  "They haven't recruited me. It would be surprising if they did. Of course, I would like for them to call," he said."

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

JackJohnson

Quote from: mj4president on July 30, 2007, 10:22:48 pm
Have we offered boyd?

yes, according to a scout article by Rob Gidel of KentuckySportsReport dated 6-20-2007.  Miami, Louisville, Kentucky, Tenn, Vriginia and NC State have as well.  I think he would be a GREAT pickup...

aaron_c

Have we offered boyd?

Does anyone know where we can find everyone that we have offered?

HoopHog

Quote from: aaron_c on July 30, 2007, 10:27:51 pm
Have we offered boyd?

The easiest thing to do is get a membership to either Rivals or Scout to track the lists of prospects looking at Arkansas.

aaron_c

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 10:42:10 pm
Have we offered boyd?

The easiest thing to do is get a membership to either Rivals or Scout to track the lists of prospects looking at Arkansas.

Eh, I'm broke...I'll just get the info as it comes on here, since TRG seems to get most info before rivals or scout anyway  ;D

WPS  :razorback:

HoopHog

Quote from: aaron_c on July 30, 2007, 10:50:34 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 10:42:10 pm
Have we offered boyd?

Eh, I'm broke...I'll just get the info as it comes on here, since TRG seems to get most info before rivals or scout anyway  ;D

WPS  :razorback:

WORD

Cresthog

Quote from: The Boar War on July 30, 2007, 05:27:59 pm

Just like the CB situation we have plenty of WR commits for this class. We are surely saving one more Joe Adams. IF we absolutely need another DL, LB, or RB for this class we may not be able to take just about everyone we would love to have all at the same position. What happens if Edwards, Brown, and Lynn all come calling. Can we afford to neglect on other highly needed positions to take all these guys? I understand we would love to have them and I would be extremely happy. Just like people were saying earlier. Did Robinson jump on ship because he knew it was about to sail off. If so, that could mean that we may be running out of schollies for all these DBs. I figured we may be over recruiting anymore WRs since we have quite a few already. I wasn't sure if Boyd had an offer or not.

HoopHog

Quote from: Cresthog on July 31, 2007, 12:06:23 am

Just like the CB situation we have plenty of WR commits for this class. We are surely saving one more Joe Adams. IF we absolutely need another DL, LB, or RB for this class we may not be able to take just about everyone we would love to have all at the same position. What happens if Edwards, Brown, and Lynn all come calling. Can we afford to neglect on other highly needed positions to take all these guys? I understand we would love to have them and I would be extremely happy. Just like people were saying earlier. Did Robinson jump on ship because he knew it was about to sail off. If so, that could mean that we may be running out of schollies for all these DBs. I figured we may be over recruiting anymore WRs since we have quite a few already. I wasn't sure if Boyd had an offer or not.

It is typical of Arkansas under Nutt...just get players and fill the coffers.  This approach always has us desperately thin in certain areas.  Expect to see some wide receivers pressured to take their skills to the defensive side of the ball.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HoopHog on July 31, 2007, 12:10:19 am

It is typical of Arkansas under Nutt...just get players and fill the coffers.  This approach always has us desperately thin in certain areas.  Expect to see some wide receivers pressured to take their skills to the defensive side of the ball.
I'm down with that.  A lot of high schools put thier best athletes on offense, namely WR or RB.  I wouldn't mind seeing a couple tall speedy WR's play on Defense as long as the have the toughness to do it.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgballz

Basmine Jones played mainly defense in high school (LB & DE) and already knows that he was recruited as a CB or other defensive position.  Jarious Wright wants to play both sides of the ball.  Joe Adams has been heavily recruited as a CB so he knows that teams like him on the defensive side of the ball also, plus he has been quoted as saying he would like to play both sides.  So I am not quite understanding what you mean when you say the WRs are going to be "pressured" to go to the defensive side of the ball.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

piggingout

I hope he stays commited to us, but does sound like a few loop holes are left in there.  I would love to be wrong.

HoopHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 31, 2007, 01:11:25 pm

Basmine Jones played mainly defense in high school (LB & DE) and already knows that he was recruited as a CB or other defensive position.  Jarious Wright wants to play both sides of the ball.  Joe Adams has been heavily recruited as a CB so he knows that teams like him on the defensive side of the ball also, plus he has been quoted as saying he would like to play both sides.  So I am not quite understanding what you mean when you say the WRs are going to be "pressured" to go to the defensive side of the ball.

"pressured" = asked

I'm not saying that the coaches are going to say, "move or else!"  I think the team is going to feel pressured to move some of these guys over to the defensive side.  But, with Herring's defensive philosophy, this is okay.