Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Davenport called and stated that Marcal Robinson commits to Arkansas

Started by Lanny, July 30, 2007, 03:35:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Marcal is 6'0 168 lb 4.4 cornerback from Alabama. Richard will have an interview later today 7/30/2007.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

selfexplanatory

This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

piggingout

not too many receivers going to be getting behind our defensive backs in the next couple of years.

hogfan0307

Welcome aboard Marcal...my question is: do we still have room for Greg Brown?

J.A.Y.

Wow this is freaking awesome. I have been following Razorback recruiting religiously since '98, and I have never seen anything like these past two weeks.

WPS!!!!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

SoTexHog

Now that is a very pleasant surprise.  I'm shocked, but really glad he wants to be a  :razorback:    Guess that leaves either Edwards or Brown hangin'.  Unless we project one of the DB's to LB.

Tomcat, get busy on that list son!!       WPS!!     Helluva two weeks.

killamon

I think we take one more CB in this class, and it will go to Mcfadden, Brown, or Edwards.  Either one is fine with me.

big john

john goodwin

Prosciutto

jpenrod1

Brewerfan10

Landonhog

FBPLAYER65

I think we are done with CB recruiting but will hold a spot if a big timer wants to come on board following a good season on the field. This leaves about 8 spots left. One more S, LB, DE, DT, OL, RB, TE, and WR.

Cresthog

Add some weight and maybe redshirt him a year and I think he can end up being a fine DB for us. Not a bad vertical and lots a speed. From the looks of his highlight tape he needs to work on tackling a little bit. Good get for us on the state of Alabama. Lets hope Saban or Tuberville don't decide to offer and take him from us. I wonder what this does for Edwards and Brown as well.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogfan0307 on July 30, 2007, 03:42:57 pm
Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 30, 2007, 03:40:58 pm
look at his offers. this was a steal.

what are his offers?

According to Scout, his other offers were from Louisville, Purdue, and Marshall.

Realist

He's a man to man kind of corner.  His video looks pretty good and reads QB's very well

Cresthog

piggingout

BirminghamBill

jpenrod1

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 30, 2007, 03:47:19 pm

what are his offers?
[/quote
According to Scout, his other offers were from Louisville, Purdue, and Marshall.

I was looking at rivals and they have his top choices as: Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, Georgia, Clemson, Arkansas and a few others. Maybe not all of them have offered.

Cresthog

Quote from: BirminghamBill on July 30, 2007, 03:51:43 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 03:48:07 pm

what are his offers?

Louisville, Purdue, Southern Miss, Marshall, Troy and the hogs.

I think Rivals listed Auburn as well...

but not with an offer. They also have Bama listed but not with an offer.

Cresthog

Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 30, 2007, 03:53:51 pm
Quote from: EastexHawg on July 30, 2007, 03:47:19 pm

what are his offers?
[/quote

I was looking at rivals and they have his top choices as: Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, Georgia, Clemson, Arkansas and a few others. Maybe not all of them have offered.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=60838

JackJohnson

Good pickup- offered by 2 BCS schools (Louisville and Purdue) and a school that lives on these type players out of Alabama in Southern Miss. 

I say there is no way you can turn down either Greg Brown OR Kip Edwards, even though we already have Okpara and now Robinson.  Lets face it, we are not exactly loaded at corner this year, and our #1 is a Sr...

Cresthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2007, 03:57:54 pm
Good pickup.  I say there is no way you can turn down either Brown OR Edwards.  Lets face it, we are not exactly loaded at corner this year, and our #1 is a Sr...

There is no way we turn Brown down. I don't think we tell Edwards no either. I for one think Greg Brown is a must get...he will be big time. Surely we can beat out Mizzou and Kansas.

rodgre

From Rivals...

Prichard (Ala.) Vigor cornerback Marcal Robinson went with his gut when he decided to commit to Arkansas on Monday afternoon. Robinson is an impressive athlete with an offer list that includes Arkansas, Auburn, Louisville, Purdue, Southern Miss and others.
Go Hogs!

BirminghamBill

Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 03:55:56 pm
Quote from: BirminghamBill on July 30, 2007, 03:51:43 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 03:48:07 pm

what are his offers?

Louisville, Purdue, Southern Miss, Marshall, Troy and the hogs.

I think Rivals listed Auburn as well...

but not with an offer. They also have Bama listed but not with an offer.

Gotcha'.  Thanks Cresthog!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 04:00:22 pm
Good pickup.  I say there is no way you can turn down either Brown OR Edwards.  Lets face it, we are not exactly loaded at corner this year, and our #1 is a Sr...

There is no way we turn Brown down. I don't think we tell Edwards no either. I for one think Greg Brown is a must get...he will be big time. Surely we can beat out Mizzou and Kansas.

Brown and Edwards both have very good offers, and have both the size and speed Herring is looking for.  I agree it, we would be foolish to turn either one down.  It would be good to sign 4, that way you can play two and redshirt two...

Cresthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2007, 04:03:07 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 04:00:22 pm

Brown and Edwards both have very good offers, and have both the size and speed Herring is looking for.  I agree it, we would be foolish to turn either one down.  It would be good to sign 4, that way you can play two and redshirt two...

Hell lets throw Lynn in there too. I think we would take all 3 if they all came calling. Likely won't happen but lets dream. I thought at one point in time Edwards was a shoe in for us. Brown seems to favor Kansas and Mizzou. Lynn is quite possibly the hottest prospect in the nation at the moment. Everyone is starting to get whiff of this guy. I read an article where he favors USC, Penn State, Arkansas, Texas Tech, and Louisville. Although he does intend on visiting Florida.

Hogstocking

What a crazy week.  WOW

Glad to have him.  We got an alabama commit before auburn  lol (and he was offered by auburn per rivals)

Eric Cartman

i really like what we are doing in the secondary.

im not so happy thus far with the defensive line recruiting, we need to pick it up there. (although Justin Smith's stock is rising.)

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Realist

Marcal just said in his rivals interview that Auburn just offered after he went to their camp but it didn't matter to him

Cresthog

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 04:12:34 pm

im not so happy thus far with the defensive line recruiting, we need to pick it up there. (although Justin Smith's stock is rising.)

I agree to some extent. Justin Smith's stock is rising and if he wouldn't have committed to us then everyone and there mother would have offered him. Askew I believe is extremely underrated. I think he will end up being star for the hogs.

killamon

they were there to watch his teammate ATH Burton Scott who is a top 100 prospects

killamon

We have Askew and Smith, and will more than likely get Cam Henderson.

Wingo Hog

Quote from: killamon on July 30, 2007, 04:30:46 pm
they were there to watch his teammate ATH Burton Scott who is a top 100 prospects
Do we now have a chance with Burton Scott now that  Marcal has committed?

Cresthog

Any chance this helps us with Burton Scott or are we even in it with him?

Mr. Prozac

Are we still after him?

Eric Cartman

Quote from: killamon on July 30, 2007, 04:31:33 pm

i agree, i just wish we could get one of those alabama/tennessee style DT's. like 6'4" 320 lbs. 4-5 star guy and clogs up the line.

if smith and askew can play like that, then i'll be happy.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

killamon

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on July 30, 2007, 04:39:35 pm
Are we still after him?

I'm sure it does help, but he's a longshot from the start.  He'll up at Bama or Florida.  Saban's done a good job recruiting him.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: D-MAC#5 FAN on July 30, 2007, 04:38:27 pm
Do we now have a chance with Burton Scott now that  Marcal has committed?
Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 04:38:30 pm

Any chance this helps us with Burton Scott or are we even in it with him?

Yes & Yes although its going to be hard to get Scott out of Nick Saban's backyard.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hellafied

hogsmaster

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 04:42:38 pm

i agree, i just wish we could get one of those alabama/tennessee style DT's. like 6'4" 320 lbs. 4-5 star guy and clogs up the line.

Most good/great college DT's weight 240-260 pounds in high school, where the majority of them played DE.  The college coaches like these guys because they have good footwork and speed.  It is easier to bulk up a player with a good frame (6-4 or bigger) in a strength program than it is to improve a big fat high school player's pure speed and quickness.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2007, 06:30:41 pm
Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 04:42:38 pm

Most good/great college DT's weight 240-260 pounds in high school, where the majority of them played DE.  The college coaches like these guys because they have good footwork and speed.  It is easier to bulk up a player with a good frame (6-4 or bigger) in a strength program than it is to improve a big fat high school player's pure speed and quickness.

thanks, good analysis. thats exactly right. we did the same thing last year with some O-line recruits.