Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Safety Winston Guy talks commitment

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 30, 2007, 02:05:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 30, 2007, 02:05:17 pm Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:11:24 pm by Richard Davenport
Winston is 6'2 185 with 4.35 speed from Lexington Catholic HS, Lexington Kentucky. Here's what Winston had to say about his commitment.

TRG: Why Arkansas?

Winston: I really like everything down there and I've got a really good relationship with Coach Chris Vaughn and Coach Houston Nutt, Coach Herring. They're really pumped up guys. I feel like Coach Houston Nutt is a player's coach and I can really relate to him a lot. I have a good relationship with De'Anthony Curtis, I talked to him a couple of days ago about a lot of stuff. My parents really feel comfortbale about the decision I made. They're 110% behind my decision. My mom and dad main concern was about my education and Coach Houston Nutt said I would have a great education if I came to Arkansas. That was a major point with me because without a education you can't provide for yourself. I like Arkansas a lot and I loved the recruiting process it was a lot of fun. I feel like Arkansas is the place to go after my Senior season.

TRG: What were your other offers?

Winston: Kentucky, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Middle Tennessee and Akron.

TRG: Your mom and dad came with you to Sr. camp. Tell me some of their thoughts about Arkansas.

Winston: They really liked the facilities and everything a lot. My mom and dad really liked Coach Vaughn and Coach Nutt because they came in with in with real talk and they really respected them for that. Their thing again was about the good education I would get if I came to the University of Arkansas. That was the main thing they were concerned about and second came football. When they talked to the Kentucky coach Rich Brooks, they had kinda a different perspective about how Coach Brooks came to my them and talked. They really like the coaches a lot. My dad likes Coach Herring his fired up style of coaching.

TRG: Arkansas recruited you as a FS. What's their expections of you?

Winston: All coaches expect the players to come in and work hard and try and earn a spot as a freshman and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to come in and work as hard as possible and do everything the coaches tell me to do no matter what postion I play. I'm going to be coachable. 

Another good pickup for the Razorbacks. We plan to have Winston on Sports Rap this Thursday.

Landonhog

Sounds like a good kid with great parents looking out for his future, first and foremost... 

Glad he's a hog!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Landonhog on July 30, 2007, 02:10:06 pm
Sounds like a good kid with great parents looking out for his future, first and foremost... 

Glad he's a hog!

His mom and dad are some great people. His dad is very old school and that's why he likes Herring so much.

kibster

July 30, 2007, 02:13:01 pm #3 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:22:38 pm by kibster
Love how the new commits are recruiting each other.  
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

slopinhogs

welcome aboard Winston. Woo Piggggg soooooieee  :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

big john

i was really wonting this kid he sounds like he got his head in the right place for sure great get richard your the man an of course jb hick doing a great job, you guys rock. ;D
john goodwin

jbhicks

Great interview, TRG. I am so excited about Winston becoming a Hog. WPS!!!  :razorback:

SoTexHog

"because without a education you can't provide for yourself." & "I'm going to be coachable."

Guess that just about says it all about this young man.  Very impressive.   He will make a heckuva  :razorback:  and not just on the field.
Good get!!

TMc

Quite a few of these kids seem to be good kids with good heads on their shoulders.

Tomhog™

Another well spoken recruit that gives in-depth answers.  I really like this guy.  I hope he can use those after burners on the field and save some touchdowns from happening.

selfexplanatory

Quote from: SoTexHog on July 30, 2007, 02:21:36 pm
"because without a education you can't provide for yourself." & "I'm going to be coachable."

Guess that just about says it all about this young man.  Very impressive.   He will make a heckuva  :razorback:  and not just on the field.
Good get!!

Very well spoken young man.  Impressive
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

piggingout

wow, nothing like a fs that runs a sub 4.4.  Welcome to the family Winston!  I have a lot of high expectations for him, I really think we got a sleeper.

BirminghamBill

Quote from: SoTexHog on July 30, 2007, 02:21:36 pm

Guess that just about says it all about this young man.  Very impressive.   He will make a heckuva  :razorback:  and not just on the field.
Good get!!

Best part of the entire interview in my opinion.  I like the fact he is coming in with an open mind and wants to be coached as well.

hogsmaster

Good to hear that he already has an idea of what type of coach Herring is.  The man doesn't promise anything and expects you to give maximum effort. 

Eric Cartman

the 07 and 08 class has some promising secondary recruits. alot of 4.4's, gotta love that. no more 4.6's in our secondary.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

flagstaffhog

Excellent Richard. Glad He's a HOG and glad your still pumping the information to us...
Go HOGS Go!

The Coletrain

I'm LOVING this class.  A lot of good athletes, but they seem to be great young men!!  Welcome to the Razorback family, Winston!!    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.