Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Gets A Good One

Started by jbhicks, July 29, 2007, 04:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

Tyler Love of Mountain Brook, AL committed to the Tide yesterday. He is one of the top OLM in the country, and is a huge pickup for Bama. It doesn't come as too big of a shock, as he grew up a tide fan. He is 6'7, 285 and runs a 5.1 in the forty. He chose the Tide over Georgia and Florida, among others. He is 5* players and ranked as the #27 prospect in the country. Coach Saban pulls in another one...I just hope they don't land Barret Jones too.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jbhicks on July 29, 2007, 04:54:14 pm
Tyler Love of Mountain Brook, AL committed to the Tide yesterday. He is one of the top OLM in the country, and is a huge pickup for Bama. It doesn't come as too big of a shock, as he grew up a tide fan. He is 6'7, 285 and runs a 5.1 in the forty. He chose the Tide over Georgia and Florida, among others. He is 5* players and ranked as the #27 prospect in the country. Coach Saban pulls in another one...I just hope they don't land Barret Jones too.

I think Jones is leaning Tennessee.  What are your thoughts?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jbhicks

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 29, 2007, 04:56:06 pm

I think it will be between Tenn, UNC, UF, and Bama, but I have heard the Tide are sitting very pretty with Barrett.

SoTexHog

They also just got Melvin Ray.  4* WR out of Tallahassee, FL.

SoTexHog

Quote from: jbhicks on July 29, 2007, 04:58:06 pm
Quote from: Hawgballz on July 29, 2007, 04:56:06 pm

I think it will be between Tenn, UNC, UF, and Bama, but I have heard the Tide are sitting very pretty with Barrett.
Guess we fell off with Barrett.  Too bad, we need another lineman in this class.  But then who am I kidding, look at his offer list.  That cotton is too high for us.

hogsmaster

I think Arkansas will get the 3rd OL from instate. 

351hog

Bama's tackle spot is going to be amazing for a few years....Andre Smith and now Love. 

Hogstocking

Saban already has 8 of the top 30 instate guys verbaled, Auburn has 0.

It seems like Bama is always good in the trenches but they're going to be scary good in the trenches for the next 4 or 5 years IMO.   They had a very good DL class last year and now they've got four star DE's commited this year.  In 06 they had a great OL class and now they're assembling another great one this year.  Andre Smith is already an All American/Outland throphy caliber tackle.

jpenrod1

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 29, 2007, 08:32:49 pm
I think Arkansas will get the 3rd OL from instate. 

I hope not. I think we need get a big time guy. I know that we can take nobody lineman and make them good, but look how awesome the big time guys we got have been.