Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Update on Florida LBer Ryan Baker

Started by jbhicks, July 29, 2007, 04:09:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

PROSPECT: Ryan Baker, LB/S
MEASURABLES: 6'0, 210, 4.55
OFFERS: Clemson, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Iowa State, UCF, South Florida

I have had several requests to find out how the recruiting is going for Baker, so here is what I have found out:

It seems like Baker is not wanting to rush into a decision, and will most likely wait until after his season after he has visited all his favorites officially. He currently likes Clemson, LSU, Alabama, and Florida, along with the Hogs. I get the impression that Clemson and LSU may lead slightly, but he seems pretty open at this point. He will visit UA officially, and I feel confident saying that. We all know the benefit of having a prospect come to The Hill, so this could really help. He is impressed with Reggie Herring's credentials, but Chris Vaughn is recruiting Ryan for the Hogs, and they have formed a solid relationship. Ryan has said he is even open to being moved to safety if size is a problem. He feels like his speed and field awareness overcome his size.

One of the reasons the news on Ryan had stalled was because he was involved in a minor car accident a few weeks back, which obviously  slowed down the recruiting process for him temporarily. He is fine physically at this point and no major problems have come up due to the accident.

---
I hope this helps, and hopefully RD can get an interview with Ryan before it gets hectic on the kid during his senior season.

SoTexHog

Wingo Hog

thanks jbhicks. It appears he is going to take an official visit. I guess at the point thats all we can hope for...to get him on campus. I really want this kid. Thanks for the update.

jbhicks

FYI, Rivals released a section today called "Risers in the Southeast," and Ryan's was one of 12 listed.

catfish07

"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

Hogstocking

TOWNSHOG

Its all over with this guy, he is all Bengals!!  Maybe we can sway him before its all said and done.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hogstocking on July 30, 2007, 05:57:30 pm
Baker commited to LSU

It appears jb's rivals stories and posts he found were a little off on wanting to take his time...

SoTexHog

dadgumit!  i sure did want him to be a Hog.  would have been nice to win one against the teams on his offer list.  oh well.

HoopHog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2007, 07:49:29 pm
Quote from: Hogstocking on July 30, 2007, 05:57:30 pm
Baker commited to LSU

It appears jb's rivals stories and posts he found were a little off on wanting to take his time...

Word, JJ.

jbhicks

Wow! I knew he was an LSU lean, but I didnt expect him to pop that quickly. I really thought we would get an official visit out of him.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jbhicks on July 31, 2007, 08:34:45 am
Wow! I knew he was an LSU lean, but I didnt expect him to pop that quickly. I really thought we would get an official visit out of him.

LSU is without Jimbo Fisher (Offensive Coord) & Jamarcus Russell (1st Draft Pick) I can't wait to see if they have a Tennessee "slump" after their Offensive Coordinator took the Ole Miss Job a few yrs back....forget his name ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 31, 2007, 08:45:15 am
Quote from: jbhicks on July 31, 2007, 08:34:45 am

LSU is without Jimbo Fisher (Offensive Coord) & Jamarcus Russell (1st Draft Pick) I can't wait to see if they have a Tennessee "slump" after their Offensive Coordinator took the Ole Miss Job a few yrs back....forget his name ???

Cuttcliff???
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!