Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on the Arkansas JUCO Program.... Welcome 2 Razorback signee's

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, July 29, 2007, 01:18:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Tryouts were held last April 28th.

Former Sylvan Hills defensive lineman Kevin Hubbard. Hubbard signed with Arkansas and attended Independence (Kan.) Junior College. As a redshirt freshman in 2006, Hubbard earned Jayhawk Junior College Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors. He racked up 16.5 tackles for loss and a team-leading 11.5 sacks. Former North Little Rock and Arkansas-Pine Bluff quarterback Josh Dixon and former Palestine-Wheatley and Arkansas-Monticello safety Antonio Leak are enrolled. Ripley said two players from powerhouse Dallas Carter High School and transfers from Ranger (Texas) Junior College, which dropped football in December, are on the team.  '

07' Signee's Click Me   &  Click Me   That is one hell of a freaking backfield. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

This will give a big boost to football in the state of Arkansas.  Woo Buffalo Sooie
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ChicoHog

Where is Arkansas Baptist located?  What teams will they play?  What is thier nickname?

justmaybe

It will take a while to get them going. It takes awhile to get the lineman built up. But I am excited about the program down there. My son plays hig school football for a team that had its first year last year. In 7 on 7 in the summer they beat Warren and a host of other teams, lost to Nathan Dicks team by a touchdown then got decimated in real football- run ruled every game in conference but one.

Anything Fitz Hill does will be done right and done well. It should be a lot of fun. I hope to go see a game.

mrcrowley

i hope they do whatever it take to become eligible.

if they redshirt would they have 3 to play 3?

The_Bionic_Pig

Coach/ Dr. Fitz Hill is a Arkadelphia, Ark native. This Offense once established will be a high powered PASSING OFFENSE!!!  It will resemble the one at San Jose State where in his last year they were passing 263 yds per game Passing & 112 Rushing.   Keep in mind he did this 13 games in 13 weeks, nine of them on the road at places like Ohio State, Washington and Illinois -- with only 61 players on scholarship 

Coach Hill eventually stepped down because of the lack of Fan attendance & Football participation.  When offered the job at Arkansas Baptist  he jumped on it, with dreams of Creating a Monster from scratch in the Central Arkansas area.  Now it appears to be taking place with HDN and staff placing future stars within armsreach. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bomis Hawg

Unfortunate, I believe, those transfers from other JCs won't be able to go to Arkansas (or another SEC team).

Good news, Stewie.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 29, 2007, 02:25:04 pm
Unfortunate, I believe, those transfers from other JCs won't be able to go to Arkansas (or another SEC team).

Good news, Stewie.

Boomis, do they need 3 consecutive semesters at Arkansas Baptist in order to transfer to a SEC school I believe?  Is that right?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jackflash

I think this JC will benefit all schools in Arkansas, maybe not the Razorbacks as much. AIC schools should benefit greatly. More over it about giving kids a chance to further prove themselves

hogsmaster

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 29, 2007, 01:18:01 pm
Tryouts were held last April 28th.

Former Sylvan Hills defensive lineman Kevin Hubbard. Hubbard signed with Arkansas and attended Independence (Kan.) Junior College. As a redshirt freshman in 2006, Hubbard earned Jayhawk Junior College Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors. He racked up 16.5 tackles for loss and a team-leading 11.5 sacks. Former North Little Rock and Arkansas-Pine Bluff quarterback Josh Dixon and former Palestine-Wheatley and Arkansas-Monticello safety Antonio Leak are enrolled. Ripley said two players from powerhouse Dallas Carter High School and transfers from Ranger (Texas) Junior College, which dropped football in December, are on the team.  '

07' Signee's Click Me   &  Click Me   That is one hell of a freaking backfield. 

Guess Hubbard is not coming to Arkansas.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 29, 2007, 02:51:28 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 29, 2007, 02:25:04 pm

Good news, Stewie.

Boomis, do they need 3 consecutive semesters at Arkansas Baptist in order to transfer to a SEC school I believe?  Is that right?

Something to that effect.  But, if someone transfers from JC to JC, I think it would be hard (if not difficult) for them to come to Arkansas.

It's a good pipeline for those who don't qualify in HS.

tbhogfan

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 29, 2007, 01:41:24 pm
Where is Arkansas Baptist located?  What teams will they play?  What is thier nickname?

They are in LR.  Dr.  Fitz Hill is their President, and Coach Ripley is their AD. Their Head Coach is Richard Wilson, who is a former Hog.  They will play home games in War Memorial Stadium.    You could not want better people than these running your program.

Over time, this program will really help the Arkansas program.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.abcbuffaloes.com/
Go Hogs!

football-writer

Quote from: NinoHog on July 29, 2007, 07:17:19 pm
Theyre The Bufs

In addition...their home games will be at War Memorial Stadium on Thursdays.  The time is to be determined.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Brewerfan10

Its still great to give the Arkansas boys a second chance at playing football somewhere