Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arthur Brown talks about visiting Arkansas

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 27, 2007, 03:14:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 27, 2007, 03:14:04 pm Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 05:26:52 pm by Richard Davenport
Arthur is 6'1 210 with 4.5 speed from Wichita East HS. Arthur Brown visited the Arkansas campus on Wednesday. Arthur, Bryce (brother), his dad and Brian Butler visited numerous schools this week. here's what Arthur had to say.

TRG: Tell me about your week of visits.

Arthur: I know you know we started off in Florida. I'll tell ya going into this trip what I was thinking of and looking for, basically what that was is I was concerned about finding the right place and right fit for me. At times I kinda of struggled with that and I realized that you can't over analyze everything. Because every school a lot of great things and a lot of great assets. But not every school had exactly what I wanted and now I understand that. The main thing is everything in life takes sacrifice and I understand that. Some of those things you have to sacrifice for what's more important. really the overall trip was good and I learned a lot from it and I also had fun with everyone that went with us and I just enjoyed myself.

TRG: Was there anything that stood out to you on your visits?

Arthur: No not really. Really every school I went to had great facilities and really wasn't a great difference in that area. Some other schools impressed me more because I was thinking that they had top notch facilities like Alabama and Oklahoma St. They really had nice facilities and was more than I expected.

TRG: What was your thoughts on Arkansas?

Arthur: Arkansas was another school that really impressed me because going into it I thought it was going to be like a hick town but they really impressed me with their facilities and their coaches. I don't want to talk too much about their facilities because I don't to give an impression that's want I'm looking for because that's not as important to me and it's not going to much of a factor in my decision making. The coaches were really helpful and good coaches. I really liked the linebacker coach (Herring) because I know he's going to be a guy that pushes you and drives to get the most out of you and I really liked that about him.

TRG: What did coach herring tell you about your role if you chose Arkansas?

Arthur: He talked to me about their scheme and their scheme is a 4-3 defense. I talked to me about how I would be the special rusher. He never put in my mind that I would think I would just come right in and start. He always stressed in our conversation that I would have to come in and compete and that's exactly what I'm looking for and I like for a coach to hit me straight up and be real . That was a great thing.

TRG: You have 22 schools on your list. When do you plan to narrow that down?

Arthur: I'm thinking about it right now. I'm talking to my dad and Brian and we're trying to come up with a plan. I'm thinking I'm going to decrease the list sometime in September. I'm thinking about getting down to 16 but as of right now I'm feeling good and I think I can get it lower than that.

TRG: Do you think Arkansas may make your next cut?

Arthur: I really have to analyze everything and I'm not going to set anything in stone or not but I really feel good about Arkansas and they have a really good chance of making that cut.

Previous interview:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=139334.0

UrAzoRbacKs

Sounds like we need Herring to keep talking to him.  If there's anybody that's gonna push you on defense, it is Herring.

Thanks Richard!

jpenrod1

SultanofSwine

Sounds like he is taking a very level-headed approach to his recruiting. That's a good thing imo. Hopefully we will stay in the running and get a shot at his signature.

Hawgvillain

Awesome...How sweet would it be if we could get him to take an official during the Auburn game...

piggingout

Can you imagine if Herring had a guy like Brown to put into his shemes.  That guy would up some crazy numbers.

mj4president

Thanks again RD. I think we make the cut but it doesn't sound like we have a chance at signing him.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

piggingout

or schemes would be better!
Quote from: piggingout on July 27, 2007, 03:19:14 pm
Can you imagine if Herring had a guy like Brown to put into his shemes.  That guy would up some crazy numbers.

Oregan hog

jbhicks

Great interview; One of the better ones. This guy sounds really smart and very mature. Obviously he has the skillset to be an All-American one day, but I think he is just impressive with his maturity. I'm betting Arkansas makes the first cut. If we continue winning, I could see us maybe getting an official visit from him, and we all know how huge that would be. Sounds like Reggie made a great impression on him, and I'm glad that they were able to meet with each other. Someone asked in another thread if Reggie was a good recruiter, and I think he does very well with these type of recruits.

+1 Richard.

Tomhog™

Refreshing to get more than one-line answers to questions.  He's straight forward and isn't bending the truth to fit the school he is interviewing with.  I like that.  He seems to be very confident and would be an instant star on a team.  Arkansas should make his first cut.  I don't know about any more...

Beaverfever

PigWig

FootballHog

What are our chances of getting him. 20%? 25%?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Arthur you and your brother would fit in prefect at Arkansas. Come be a Hog !!!!

jb11

Did you ask him how his brother liked UA and if that would influence his decision at all.

cdohogfan

If he and his brother want to play at the same school then Arkansas would obviously be a great choice. I would love to see this kid in a Razorbacks uni, but even if he doesn't choose UofA, its great that he visited and was impressed.

Bomis Hawg

Good stuff, Double R.
Seems like a level-headed kid just looking for the right place.
If he comes to Arkansas, great.  I wish we land him.

The Coletrain

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 27, 2007, 03:14:04 pm
Some of those things you have to scarface for what's more important.

I don't know why a simple grammatical mistake made me laugh so much, but I got a kick out of scarfacing for what's more important!!   ;) 

It brought to my mind Al Pacino coaching the Sharks and LT busting his head for the sake of the team (and his bonus, too).  That would be a lot to live up to, but our man Arty Brown might just be the guy with the tools to do it!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

PhillyHog

July 27, 2007, 05:29:51 pm #19 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 05:35:15 pm by PhillyHog
If he takes an official to Alabama, I hope we smash them and convince him to come to the hill for an Arkansas official

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: mj4president on July 27, 2007, 03:19:53 pm
Thanks again RD. I think we make the cut but it doesn't sound like we have a chance at signing him.

I didn't necessarily read that into what he said.... he was making it very clear that he was not leading anybody on with his statements.  what I understood was that oklahoma state and alabama surprised him with their facilities and that arkansas impressed him with herring's straight shooting style.

good optimistic view though, MJ ;)
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

claytongray

slopinhogs

Mr Brown come on down  to the Hog show and strut your stuff. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

ConwayHog

JackJohnson

Quote from: FootballHog on July 27, 2007, 03:42:41 pm
What are our chances of getting him. 20%? 25%?

1/16 = .0625  but i guess that is the same as everyone elses ;)

TMc

Hey at least he gave us a shot.., I'm really thinking his brother would be fairly serious about us.. for reputation of running the football .. he's just a junior to be (if I'm not mistaken).. I feel better about him, than his brother.  I still feel we will make Arthur's first cut. 

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: TMc on July 27, 2007, 08:05:37 pm
Hey at least he gave us a shot.., I'm really thinking his brother would be fairly serious about us.. for reputation of running the football .. he's just a junior to be (if I'm not mistaken).. I feel better about him, than his brother.  I still feel we will make Arthur's first cut. 
I agree! I think that because of his brother and Herring that we get a serious look. Coach Herring made quite an impression on him. It sounds crazy but I really think he's looking at this right and, that gives us atleast a fair shot. IMHO

beansandtaters

Great interview...sounds like a great kid with a good group of people surrounding him and looking out for what's best for him. It would be HUGE to land him. He looks like a rare player from what I've seen of him.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on July 27, 2007, 05:35:15 pm

I didn't necessarily read that into what he said.... he was making it very clear that he was not leading anybody on with his statements.  what I understood was that oklahoma state and alabama surprised him with their facilities and that arkansas impressed him with herring's straight shooting style.

Don't worry, Arthur is simply unbiased by the interviewer and answers like a politician, very rare to see in someone his age.  It sounds like he didn't want to sugarcoat anything and be safe in his answers.  It would be great to land this guy, and alot of that will factor into how Darren McFadden performs this year.  Arthur is taking alot of his time in making a decision, likely it will take the whole football season to any word out of him.  If his brother coming to the same university is something he really wants, it will not hurt us in the least.  Man I hope we get this guy.

mj4president

Why are you knocking me about be optimistic. If you read my other posts about the team I get bashed for being too optimistic. Just based on what he said in the interview it didn't seem to me like he would sign with us. I think we will make some more cuts but not the school he will go to. I hope and pray we get him. Go give your sarcastic "good optimistic view" to someone else because there are many people that don't think we will get him.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mj4president on July 27, 2007, 11:48:51 pm

Why are you knocking me about be optimistic. If you read my other posts about the team I get bashed for being too optimistic. Just based on what he said in the interview it didn't seem to me like he would sign with us. I think we will make some more cuts but not the school he will go to. I hope and pray we get him. Go give your sarcastic "good optimistic view" to someone else because there are many people that don't think we will get him.

Dang MJ, dude put a smiley face after his comment.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 28, 2007, 12:31:34 am

Look again at who put a smiley...

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: UrAzoRbacKs on July 27, 2007, 03:17:09 pm
Sounds like we need Herring to keep talking to him.  If there's anybody that's gonna push you on defense, it is Herring.

Thanks Richard!

My read is that our best chance is for Kale Pick to keep talking to him.  Apparently, he respects Kale and they are from the same part of the country.

arklahoman36

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 27, 2007, 11:36:14 pm

Don't worry, Arthur is simply unbiased by the interviewer and answers like a politician, very rare to see in someone his age.  It sounds like he didn't want to sugarcoat anything and be safe in his answers.  It would be great to land this guy, and alot of that will factor into how Darren McFadden performs this year.  Arthur is taking alot of his time in making a decision, likely it will take the whole football season to any word out of him.  If his brother coming to the same university is something he really wants, it will not hurt us in the least.  Man I hope we get this guy.

He stays on message in his interviews. I've read several, and he doesn't really give anything away.
No way to read anything good or bad in what he says. Someone is doing a very good job of helping him watch out for himself. More kids need that kind of guidance, whether it's a coach, family member, family friend etc.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on July 28, 2007, 12:43:01 am
Quote from: Hawgballz on July 28, 2007, 12:31:34 am

Look again at who put a smiley...

Tomcat, by "dude" I am referring to CarolinaHog1176.  I think CarolinaHog is just messing with him and MJ got a little bent out of shape, but it is really none of my business.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

SultanofSwine

After hearing the interview on sports rap last night with his mentor, I feel much better about us atleast getting serious consideration. Apparently Herring made a very favorable impression and the relationship with the Pick family is very solid.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: SultanofSwine on July 28, 2007, 06:54:36 pm
After hearing the interview on sports rap last night with his mentor, I feel much better about us atleast getting serious consideration. Apparently Herring made a very favorable impression and the relationship with the Pick family is very solid.

That was a great interview. Shawn and Jim handle that very well.