Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 Spots Left

Started by ListenHereMister, July 27, 2007, 10:54:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ListenHereMister

Here is who I HOPE we get to fill out the class.
15 commits in the books:
16)Cameron Henderson
17)Lavance Askew
18)Winston Guy
19)Greg Brown
20)Kip Edwards
21)Joe Adams
22)Tony Gillespie
23)Big Time OL(Barnes? Newell?)
24)Big Time OL
25)Big Time RB(DJ? Thomas?)

As an added Bonus:
Arthur Brown

That would give us 26
meaning 1 would have to enroll in January(Pick).

Bomis Hawg

They'll likely oversign.  But, that's a nice 25.

Realist

Devin Thomas is my pick for our RB

ballhog88

We'll oversign by 2-3 due to every year a couple don't qualify.

Tomhog™

They will try to sign 27 min, if not 28.  Over-signing is something every school tries to do to keep from coming up short.  The numbers always have a way of working out...

killamon

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 27, 2007, 10:54:02 am
Here is who I HOPE we get to fill out the class.
15 commits in the books:
16)Cameron Henderson
17)Lavance Askew
18)Winston Guy
19)Greg Brown
20)Kip Edwards
21)Joe Adams
22)Tony Gillespie
23)Big Time OL(Barnes? Newell?)
24)Big Time OL
25)Big Time RB(DJ? Thomas?)

As an added Bonus:
Arthur Brown

That would give us 26
meaning 1 would have to enroll in January(Pick).

add d'anton lynn

im_a_hog_nomatter

July 27, 2007, 12:44:28 pm #6 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:50:22 pm by im_a_hog_nomatter
what about Burton scott do we have a chance at him. I seen the hogs were #2 on his list. kye Staley looks like he had a lot of intrest to.

FBPLAYER65

July 27, 2007, 12:55:24 pm #7 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:59:10 pm by FBPLAYER65
S - Guy and Lynn
CB - Brown and someone else
LB - One more. Hope for a home run
DT - Askew and Gillespie/Mcgee
OL - One more. Shoot for the best
TE - have to have one in this class.
WR - Hopefully Adams or Owens
That would give us our 25 base. I'm sure they'll sign a couple more. Probably at OL, DL, or LB

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: Tomcat on July 27, 2007, 11:40:09 am
They will try to sign 27 min, if not 28.  Over-signing is something every school tries to do to keep from coming up short.  The numbers always have a way of working out...
Tomcat that's is the nicest way of saying "some folks just won't make it", that I have ever heard. ;D

Hawgballz

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 27, 2007, 12:55:24 pm
S - Guy and Lynn - Agree
CB - Brown and someone else - Maybe just Brown since we have several other recruits who can play CB well (Jones, Wright and maybe Adams or Lynn
LB - One more. Hope for a home run - I think we may pull a really good one out here or at worse take Jeff Little (who I consider to be pretty good)
DT - Askew and Gillespie/Mcgee - Agree
OL - One more. Shoot for the best - We will take 1 more maybe 2
TE - have to have one in this class. - I believe we may not take a TE this year with what we have that is young (Cleveland & Williams) and the WRs from this class that likely could more to TE (Gragg & Childs)
WR - Hopefully Adams or Owens - I think Adams will be our biggest target (besides maybe an Arthur Brown type) although he may play more in the backfield than WR
RB - We need 1 more big timer like Dennis Johnson (if he can qualify), Devin Thomas or Jeff Demps
DE - We will take 1 more, Cam Henderson if he pulls the trigger
That would give us our 25 base. I'm sure they'll sign a couple more. Probably at OL, DL, or LB  That would puts us at 26 and give the staff a little room to go after whoever they think are the best left out there.  Also I believe Kale Pick will graduate early and might count back to the 2007 class if there is room.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ListenHereMister

I guess Tennessee is UNhealthy because they signed 33.
Florida signed 20 something last year.

Maybe we sign 25 every year because players like
Anderson and Chris Houston and Shawn Andrews and Batman
leave early for the NFL Draft!

justmaybe

I see them signing more Defensive Lineman this year and maybe at the most one more OL. If you can get 'em sign 'em. Some can move across the ball to OL. And you often see OL walk-on.  As many headliners as they are on I see fewer OL getting a schollie unless it is a slam dunk guy.

I would really like to get McGhee and Owens from Muskogee.

Adams I want but If anyone he is the guy who goes somewhere else this year. There is almost always one. If we have a 10 win season we will have to turn some guys down. Maybe even some good ones. The good news is that everyone we have committed early look like guys you can win with.

jbhicks

See my thread for how I think we fill the rest of the class out.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=144901.0

ListenHereMister

Bomis Hawg

Didn't Miss State or someone sign in the 30s last year or the year before.
I think this class will shape up.  A solid top 20 class is possible.  Worst case, probably high 20s.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 27, 2007, 04:54:57 pm
Didn't Miss State or someone sign in the 30s last year or the year before.
I think this class will shape up.  A solid top 20 class is possible.  Worst case, probably high 20s.

South Carolina signed 31 last year.

wishiwasinark

Ole Miss signed 47 one year didn't they? ANd 36 the next? ;)

jackflash

S Guy
DE Jones, Squire
DT Askew,Mcgee
LB Brown, LIttle
WR Adams
CB Brown
Rb Demp
This would be my list I would like to see

SoTexHog

Barrett Jones, Cordy Glenn, John Williams and possibly Jason Donnal out of JC.  Need two or three of these guys.  D'Anton Lynn is a need also.  And I'd would love to get Stacy McGee.

Hawgballz

Quote from: SoTexHog on July 28, 2007, 09:26:20 pm
Barrett Jones, Cordy Glenn, John Williams and possibly Jason Donnal out of JC.  Need two or three of these guys.  D'Anton Lynn is a need also.  And I'd would love to get Stacy McGee.

I completely agree with McGee & Lynn, but I believe that we will only take 1 more OL and of that group John Williams is most likely it.  What I would really love is for us to turn Z. Sanders our way.