Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark./Conn. Game

Started by corndo, November 21, 2005, 10:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofullofwayne

Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

corndo

sofullofwayne

MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

bosshawg38

I wish just ONCE that one of the two major athletic programs at Arkansas could catch a break. When it rains it pours...

John Futrall

Good effort by the Hogs tonight...They "should" take care of Kansas tomorrow

sofullofwayne

If anything, and depending on the Maui tourny outcome. Arkansas comes out ranked better than the 40s.

Squealers

Kansas looked weak tonight, we can rock them for sure
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

WilsonHog

We're not gonna win, but we showed a lot of fight against the #3 team in the country. Right now, after the football season we've had, I'll take this effort against UConn.

John Futrall

John Futrall

BigHog396

Hope the coaching staff can figure out what to do with this team after this game.  I think it is obvious that we will have to play "Nolan ball" to be able to get anywhere this year.  We have the players to do it, just hope the staff figures it out.

Squealers

seriously, why do we keep Fergurson around?????   And whos staying up to watch the LONG DRIVE contest???????

pfrg999

I was proud... of them.....they took #3 to the wire.... Go Hogs
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 22, 2005, 12:51:31 am
Sounds like I get to not care about Razorback basketball for the 6th year in a row. At least I won't feel the need to subscribe to The Razor Zone

statements like this are assinine.  They lost by less than 10 to the #3 team in the country in the 2nd game of the year
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pfrg999

40 minutes of HELL...baby I can smell it
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

lunchbox72703

I'm still very optomistic about this bball team...and unfortuantely, i'm gonna sit up and watch the long drive championship....with DAly

bosshawg38

Good effort but many areas to improve. We have some work to do.

corndo

Good effort tonight guys.

lunchbox72703

wait...daly isn't it this...forget this

pfrg999

Im hoggin it ....go home don't subscribe... don't post

hogattack21

Its over, we didnt play to our potential, but we let UCONN know we were there.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

Squealers

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 22, 2005, 01:01:27 am
I'm still very optomistic about this bball team...and unfortuantely, i'm gonna sit up and watch the long drive championship....with DAly

Boy Roger Twibell has sunk to an all time low getting this gig!

pfrg999

Maybe we are better than last year

bosshawg38

This was the perfect opportunity to come out and beat UConn with their 2 guards out, but unfortunately we came about 8 points short. Sound familiar?

pfrg999

Gezzzz... Man I am sick of you freakin whiners.... Boo Hooo Hooo.... Mich State lost to WHO.... Texas Tech Lost to RICE..... Ohh we lost to UCONN...

corndo

We need about 4 more Brewers!

flash23

I was impressed. We're much improved from last year, I think.. If we had played Uconn last year, we would have easily been beat by 20+. We were on our way, but we hung in there and gave Uconn a good scare. I wish we would have come back and won, but this being only our 2nd game of the season, I'd say we did excellent (towards the end, not the whole game).
With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept.

bosshawg38

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 22, 2005, 01:05:55 am
Gezzzz... Man I am sick of you freakin whiners.... Boo Hooo Hooo.... Mich State lost to WHO.... Texas Tech Lost to RICE..... Ohh we lost to UCONN...

Forgive us for wanting better for the Arkansas athletic program. Shame on us.

pfrg999

I am not the Biggerst Stan Heath Fan... But the second game... and you write if off... hope you ain't married...first fight ...gone

Eric Sullivan

Defense did not lose this game.. Our poor offensive execution did. Granted I thought we could've and should've rebounded better but, UCONN is better than us and more athletic than us.. So to counter, make UConn work on defense.. We did not do that.. Playing under control with good screens, good penetration, and good shot selection was the ONLY way we were going to beat UConn tonight.. Hey we got them in a "RAT" game late and I was proud of the "HEART" we showed.. But hey we are TOO experienced to keep trying to win that way.. The hogs have to dictate how the game is won or lost.. That is the bottom line.. 

Eric Sully

pfrg999

I am the most die hard fan... I have more Hog memorabilia than most anyone... been a HOG FANATIC for 30 Years... still have the lineups out of the paper for the 78 orange bowl... I want a great program...BUT IT IS THE SECOND GAME.... if we are 8-8 at the 16th game than I will be with you...

pfrg999

If Modica would shoot... and if we would drive and pass... Yes need to improve...Hill did look better than last year

bosshawg38

I am proud of our effort, but bottom line is we lost and we could have won had we had better execution. I'll not completely buy into the hoops team until we beat some legit D-1 competition. Until then, we lost the game and I still have to be a little skeptical, UConn or not.

pfrg999

I will give you that point Hoggin.... but c.mon second game...

pfrg999

And Boss you are right.... Poor execution lost us the game....period.... defensively ...we were HALF sound... more press....

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 22, 2005, 01:10:28 am
I am the most die hard fan... I have more Hog memorabilia than most anyone... been a HOG FANATIC for 30 Years... still have the lineups out of the paper for the 78 orange bowl... I want a great program...BUT IT IS THE SECOND GAME.... if we are 8-8 at the 16th game than I will be with you...

Great Call man.. Early is early.. But in our situation, we not only NEED to show what we can do this early.. WE HAVE too.. Sending a message to UK and Bama right now is bigger than we all think.. Remember winning in basketball is 90% mental not physical.. "The General Bob Knight"

Eric Sully

merccedes

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 22, 2005, 01:17:36 am
Quote from: pfrg999 on November 22, 2005, 01:13:01 am
I will give you that point Hoggin.... but c.mon second game...

How many games was it for UC and they were short handed ? We are a veteran team now. I hope the guys really start to buy into Hipsher's system but its sad that we had to bring in an assistant to actually coach for Heath who is in way over his head. Heath needs to be a recruiter for MSU again not head man at a top DI school.
I wouldnt really call it short handed UC has known all year they would be without Williams and had prepared for that, and not having Williams put the ball in Gays hands alot more. I think i would have rather had it Williams hand than Gays. Also we are not a veteran team, we are a team that relies on 3 Sophomore  post that still have to develop to compete night in night out against top notch competition.

Bomis Hawg

Early game issues. 

I expect Arkansas to get a grasp of the offense and get it down.  You should think with the new offense that Heath and Hipsher want, they will definitely work on it when they get back to the Hill.

Overall, I think the effort was there.  Offense, however, feel asleep at times.  I think the guys got so wrapped up in wanting to run the court they had brain farts on where the players were.

They struggled at times, but played well others.

Hill came and played, shockingly.  Townes had some good moves, but he seemed to be out of place at times against UConn.  Their defense did a number on him.  But, I wouldn't throw him to the wolves yet.

Brewer did everything, but make the bulk of his gimmies.  Need him to step up and hit them.  On the other hand, I was a little shocked with Jefferson.  Did he get an attitude adjustment?  He's not letting the other guys bully him around -- at least not tonight.

All in all, not a bad true opener.  Regardless of what you think of Heath, this was NOT a poor performance.  We shouldn't say "Because of the football team" or "after football..."  Different team, different set of circumstances.

Kansas is a new game tomorrow.  Arkansas played well, but had offensive struggles.  I wouldn't pin Heath down and say its his fault.  He can't shoot AND coach.