Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark./Conn. Game

Started by corndo, November 21, 2005, 10:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Net Hog

we aren't getting calls down the stretch.

Ugly Uncle

Hill was our best playing big man tonight.
Retired Radio Host

sofullofwayne

LAST 10 PLAYS (Last Play on the Bottom)
Team   Time   Play
CT   4:26   Rudy Gay missed 1st of 2 Free Throws
CT   4:26   Rudy Gay made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
AR   4:05   Charles Thomas missed Jump Shot
CT   3:59   Defensive Rebound by Hilton Armstrong
CT   3:58   Josh Boone made Layup, Assist Craig Austrie
AR   3:47   30-second Timeout
AR   3:45   Ronnie Brewer made Layup
AR   3:37   Shooting foul on Dontell Jefferson
   3:37   TV Timeout
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

hogbalz

Killing us on the long pass and scoring almost every time on they inbound
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Squealers

we need a player named GAY
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Net Hog

lack of hustle is why we aren't back on D.

corndo

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 22, 2005, 12:40:49 am
We get beat down the court time after time.

It is the difference in the game so far.

Squealers

to go with Dick Nutt and Johnson, i think
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

BigHog396

If nothing else, this run at the end should prove to the coaching staff that we have to play the old "40 minutes" defense to have a chance this year.  We simply don't have the personnel to try to play Heath's Big 10 type of basketball.

bosshawg38

Where has Townes been tonight? I'm disappointed in his play.

Net Hog

why do i doubt our ability to win close games?

lunchbox72703

heck, before the game, the announcer were talk about the GAY BREWER game tonight....i almost busted a grumpy in my pants LOL

bosshawg38

Lanny

Quote from: bosshawg38 on November 22, 2005, 12:41:57 am

Townes will vanish against good competition and can't play any defense.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

corndo

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 22, 2005, 12:41:47 am
If nothing else, this run at the end should prove to the coaching staff that we have to play the old "40 minutes" defense to have a chance this year. We simply don't have the personnel to try to play Heath's Big 10 type of basketball.

I agree. We are too athletic to play a half court game.

Squealers

BigHog396

Uconn - 65, UA - 60 with 3:30 to play

Net Hog

good board by townes.

UConn reached.

bosshawg38

Quote from: hSv on November 22, 2005, 12:43:09 am
Quote from: bosshawg38 on November 22, 2005, 12:41:57 am

Townes will vanish against good competition and can't play any defense.

Apparently Hill has found somewhat of an offensive game. I say he should start ahead of Townes until Townes gets it all together.

sofullofwayne

No turnovers.

Work the ball, find the open man.

Defend passes on defense, do not over commit.

This game can easily be a W.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

Squealers

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 22, 2005, 12:42:35 am
heck, before the game, the announcer were talk about the GAY BREWER game tonight....i almost busted a grumpy in my pants LOL

Gives a whole new meaning to "light" beer

Net Hog

bosshawg38

We have missed too many free throws. Brewer in particular.

John Futrall

lunchbox72703

Squealers

Net Hog

sofullofwayne

And hit FTs....

60-67 UConn

3mins to go

Net Hog

fts will cost us the game again.

BigHog396

We can't rebound, we can't get back on defense, and now we miss 3 shots within 2 feet of the basket.  This is pitiful.

Squealers

I fullfilled my mission of getting off the walk on status!  Now lets win this hogs!!!!

John Futrall

Ugly Uncle

2 points from townes...killin us.
Retired Radio Host

WilsonHog

67-62 with 2:33 to play.

Net Hog

bosshawg38

Way to go Townes. Hit both FTs!

sofullofwayne

67-62 Uconn up with 2:20 left to play

Net Hog

John Futrall

69-62...2:02  Brown (UCONN) hurt

WilsonHog

69-62 with 2:02 to go.

Crap.

BigHog396

Nobody within 15 feet of the shooter, and we got luck that they didn't call the foul after the shot.

corndo

bosshawg38

69-62. 2:02 left. Our defense needs improvement.

Squealers

WilsonHog

Keep it under a 10-point game.

John Futrall

70-62 (gave them a 3, when it was CLEARLY a 2)

Net Hog

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

BigHog396

If they score here it's probably over.

John Futrall