Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P.J. Fleck

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 12, 2017, 09:22:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTide

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 10:06:09 am
Yeah, I've got Frost/Campbell/Brohm slightly above Fleck. 

Frost, Brohm, Campbell, Norvell

Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota and I don't like him as much anyway

longpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 12, 2017, 01:05:06 pm
don't forget the part about the affair going on right after his kid died and his wife was grieving... THAT IS MESSED UP AF

He's Dr. Phil with a whistle.
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: KevinOMReb on October 12, 2017, 11:48:11 am
We of course are talking the same thing in Oxford.  Just throwing large sums of money at people doesn't mean they'll leave a place they're happy.  And if I was making $3mm a year and someone offered $4mm, would I up and leave?  How rich is too rich?  Plus we're all forgetting the large buyouts either of us would have to pay to get a Fleck, Brohm, etc.  These guys just signed new contracts with large buyouts too, especially in the first 2 years.  They're not THAT good to pay that kind of money.  And Patterson will retire at TCU.  Everybody on our boards think that offering him 3 mill above TCU will have him running to the SEC.  Fat chance. He's totally happy, rich and successful there and his alumni base isn't demanding. 

Your correct Patterson is going no where.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: longpig on October 12, 2017, 12:28:41 pm
Somebody that doesn't want to be stuck with the guy when he falls, Harley Bob style.
On "being pj fleck" one of his mentors said he wished he would tone down the rhetoric.  He's good but feels like he enjoys the sound of his own voice.

Frontrowhog

Bo Mattingly would love this hire. It would make it easier for him to film season 2 of Being PJ Fleck.

woodhog14

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 12, 2017, 10:01:59 am
Chad Morris might be another *realistic* possibility as well.  Inherited a dumpster fire at SMU and they have improved every season.  Only makes around 2 mil and has Texas connections out the wazzu.  He has had 2 classes at SMU comprised entirely of Texas kids.  Innovative offense, great success at Clemson as OC and now steadily improving SMU
Chad Morris wants the aTm job. He is an alum.

Wildhog

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 12, 2017, 02:29:37 pm

Apparently TAMU is about to throw the bank at James Franklin.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PLHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 02:39:59 pm

Guarantee you Penn State would match it.

Spektre

Not going to get super excited for another head coach that hired Robb Smith as his DC.

Tortfeasor

And then we get our old D coordinator back.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 02:39:59 pm

Well, Penn St is his dream job (I think) and have the resources to match whatever aTm can offer.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: woodhog14 on October 12, 2017, 02:29:37 pm

aTm would have to strike out on a few guys before they would go after Morris.  I'm not saying they are above Morris and we aren't, I'm just saying they think they are.

Tusks

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 01:05:49 pm
I was unaware of these allegations.  Guess we can rule out Fleck.

Frost, Brohm, Campbell!

add Norvell, come on man I know you want to.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

alohawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 10:15:24 am
Also, on Frost-  You may have seen me post this, but I will again in case you haven't.

UCF went 0-12 in 2015.  In 2016 (Frost's first year), he took them to a bowl game.  This year, he's 4-0, and they are just MURDERING opposing teams.  They beat DJ Durkin's Maryland team 38-10 in week 4.  He runs Chip Kelly's offense, and apparently runs it very well.  Frost might honestly be at the top of my list.  It will, of course, depend on how the rest of this season goes. 

Thanks, had no idea. I like it a lot, go get this man.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Wildhog

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 03:37:10 pm
add Norvell, come on man I know you want to.

He's on the list.  Just beneath those guys.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: alohawg on October 12, 2017, 03:39:01 pm
Thanks, had no idea. I like it a lot, go get this man.

Also DESTROYED Mike Norvell/Memphis 40-13 a couple of weeks ago.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 12, 2017, 03:35:31 pm
Well, Penn St is his dream job (I think) and have the resources to match whatever aTm can offer.

It'll be interesting to watch that situation. He's from PA, so I would think it'd take a lot to get him away from home.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Anyone interested in Frank Wilson?  Heck of a recruiter, familiar with the region (deep New Orleans roots), has improved UTSA, would come cheap (making less than 1.1 mil)

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 12, 2017, 03:47:12 pm
Anyone interested in Frank Wilson?  Heck of a recruiter, familiar with the region, has improved UTSA, would come cheap.

Great recruiter.  Would like to see how this season goes for him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

Is Frost the same Frost that was a QB at Nebraska a while back?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

longpig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 12, 2017, 05:39:38 pm

yep
Don't be scared, be smart.

31to6

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 12, 2017, 05:39:38 pm
Yes. He is also the same Frost that all the insiders at Nebraska wanted them to hire last go around.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: longpig on October 12, 2017, 12:53:14 pm
"You guys know the PJ story, why he and Wife #1 divorced, etc.....

Was a scandal around Kalamazoo, central MI, involved boosters wives, Internet boards, etc

About 2, 3 yrs ago, PJ supposedly had an affair, slept with wife of a big booster, Auto dealer guy.
Some people on Bronco Internet boards blew it wide open - the booster wife got angry, sued everyone, internet people for slander etc

PJ wife #1 left him, so even though PJ and booster wife Denied it all, his wife #1 bailed on him. Leaving many to think it was true.....

So, PJ has had colorful off the field antics. Wife #2 looks like trouble also.....
When at NIU, PJ was known as a Ladies man, he is very popular with the women.
As his career escalates, this stuff will likely not go away. Good times for media and fans...."

What does that matter?

Morals don't exist in the country anymore.  I could give you the perfect example but you'd be triggered.
BIE