Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Parker - New LB Committ

Started by jjdlc, January 21, 2018, 10:17:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 21, 2018, 09:44:18 pm
New high school. New athletics program. Not a very big school. Their football teams record is something like 3 and 27 the last 3 years. Not many reasons for recruiters to go to that school. Most have probably never heard of it. I think we got really lucky that somehow chief found him. With his measurables looks like we found a gem no one else knew about.  He's probably really raw but we do have a good linebacker coach now

Chief found him, but didn't offer him at A$M.  Why?

And...

Quote from: hoghappy on January 21, 2018, 03:59:36 pm
Notre Dame, aTm, Nebraska and Washington are pretty good schools.

These teams apparently found him, but didn't offer.  Why?

and...

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 21, 2018, 06:02:54 pm
Not the case whatsoever. Coaches know exactly where the new and old schools are at. Wins or losses don't matter. College coaches hit all high schools in contact in some shape, form or fashion. A lot of the recruiting today has to do with summer camps, and other camps. So where someone does or doesn't go to school really doesn't matter. Though competition (smaller schools) does hamper development as does the number of coaches that smaller schools have for football compared to larger schools.

I'm thinking the switching to a losing, smaller school excuse doesn't hold much water.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

liljo

6'2". 225 pounds. 4.5 40.

Coaches can work with that. I'm glad we got him.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Ugly Uncle

Chavis defenses have always been fast.  At least the ones at LSU.  They were never as big as Bama's D, but always faster.  I like the speed.
Retired Radio Host

870rzrback

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 09:48:51 pm

And...

and...

I'm thinking the switching to a losing, smaller school excuse doesn't hold much water.
I'm thinking your opinion doesn't hold much water either. Playing for a school that hasn't been around long with a poor athletic program just means you probably don't get many chances to get noticed. Especially if you don't go to the camps in the summer. Do you know when chavis found him while at a&m? Did they need another linebacker at the time or was he holding out on an offer just keeping in contact in case someone decommitted? You don't know anything about him being recruited by a&m. I trust Chavis when it comes to his opinion on linebackers a lot more than your opinion. I'm not saying he'll be any good at all. None of us know that he will or won't. I'm just judging his measurables, with a good linebacker coach and his size and speed he could prove to be a really good one down the road. We don't have many(if any) other linebackers running a 4.5 40.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 21, 2018, 10:19:24 pm
I'm thinking your opinion doesn't hold much water either. Playing for a school that hasn't been around long with a poor athletic program just means you probably don't get many chances to get noticed. Especially if you don't go to the camps in the summer. Do you know when chavis found him while at a&m? Did they need another linebacker at the time or was he holding out on an offer just keeping in contact in case someone decommitted? You don't know anything about him being recruited by a&m. I trust Chavis when it comes to his opinion on linebackers a lot more than your opinion. I'm not saying he'll be any good at all. None of us know that he will or won't. I'm just judging his measurables, with a good linebacker coach and his size and speed he could prove to be a really good one down the road. We don't have many(if any) other linebackers running a 4.5 40.

Chavis is recruiting behind the 8-ball here.  He has very limited options.  You take what you can get at this point. 

Speaking of getting noticed, Washington, Nebraska and ND apparently noticed him, but no offer.  He got offers from Georgetown, McNeese State and Houston Baptist, though, so they noticed him too.  There's an obvious trend.

I've seen this movie too many times.  The vast majority of the time it doesn't have a happy ending.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 10:36:16 pm
Chavis is recruiting behind the 8-ball here.  He has very limited options.  You take what you can get at this point. 

Speaking of getting noticed, Washington, Nebraska and ND apparently noticed him, but no offer.  He got offers from Georgetown, McNeese State and Houston Baptist, though, so they noticed him too.  There's an obvious trend.

I've seen this movie too many times.  The vast majority of the time it doesn't have a happy ending.

When you're recruiting from behind you gamble on a few guys with a high ceiling. Some times you get a player like Javontee Herndon or D.J. Dean. Other times you get a guy who never puts it all together.

Whether or not that's what we have here I don't know, but if I had to have a linebackers coach offer a kid no one else recruited, couldn't ask for a better one than Chavis.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Hogindasticks

870rzrback

Not sure how to link stuff here but found this.
"Sophie B. Wright has not been a hotbed for college football talent. Therefore, to attract the recruiters, players for the Warriors have to display rare skills.

Andrew Parker has done just that with offers from ULL, Arkansas, Georgetown, Houston Baptist and McNeese. He runs a 4.55 forty while posting a 35″ vertical and 280-pounds in the power clean."

4.55 and a 35 inch vertical is really impressive athleticism for a 6'2 225 pound linebacker. This kid is definitely worth a scholarship

HawgwildinMI

Welcome aboard Mr. Parker. Woo pig!

ricepig

January 22, 2018, 08:20:40 am #59 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:31:09 am by ricepig

I assume you've looked at our roster, does it appear that we are short on LB numbers, it doesn't to me. Are we short speed at LB, I think there's your answer to the offer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 22, 2018, 12:32:42 am
Not sure how to link stuff here but found this.
"Sophie B. Wright has not been a hotbed for college football talent. Therefore, to attract the recruiters, players for the Warriors have to display rare skills.

Andrew Parker has done just that with offers from ULL, Arkansas, Georgetown, Houston Baptist and McNeese. He runs a 4.55 forty while posting a 35″ vertical and 280-pounds in the power clean."

4.55 and a 35 inch vertical is really impressive athleticism for a 6'2 225 pound linebacker. This kid is definitely worth a scholarship

At this very late stage, probably so.  Very few options available.

AirWarren

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 21, 2018, 05:28:19 pm
I'd settle for another Tony Bua, but this guy has the measurables that Bua didn't. If he has the heart that Tony Bua had He will be All America...

Give me another Martrell Spaight or "Butu".

FrozenHam

Congratulations, Andrew!  Glad to have you wearing Razorback red!

Richard Davenport

I think this might be a case where Chavis knew he was coming to Arkansas and kept Andrew on the low until he got to Fayetteville.

Launcellous

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 22, 2018, 10:56:14 am
I think this might be a case where Chavis knew he was coming to Arkansas and kept Andrew on the low until he got to Fayetteville.

This would make some sense RD if its the case.

RaisinHog

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 10:29:01 am
Give me another Martrell Spaight or "Butu".

Butu is my all time favorite .. still love that hit on John Parker Wilson

codeHog

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawginbigd1

Well I guess commit has a different meaning these days, hopefully he will stick, like his size and speed.

titsonboar

Arkiebarkie

So, Now he has an A&M offer. Is this kid fixing to blow up? Look for old piss to offer, they offer everybody!

Kevin

wait he must not be any good cause no one as offered. oh crap we are going to lose him now cause teams are offering.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

colbs

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2018, 12:33:55 pm
wait he must not be any good cause no one as offered. oh crap we are going to lose him now cause teams are offering.
It's funny how some complain about lack of stars then when another school offers they all of sudden hope he stays.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Rock1 on January 21, 2018, 12:32:06 pm
another LB I am hearing Ark has some feelers out to. If this kid was 6'1' he would have everyone in the country after him. He is a thumper.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholas-Bolton-77867
5' 11" is not too short to play LB... If the kid can smell where the rock is going He can be a beast...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

King Kong

King Kong

Texas offered today and Auburn visited his school yesterday

imtad16

Dang they are really starting to come after him. Whelp looks like we really have something in this kid. Could be a couple steals if we can land Jaylen Moody at the end as well. Two kids with big late pushes from good programs.

Redhogs

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2018, 12:33:55 pm
Classic truth.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 26, 2018, 12:29:55 pm #78 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:44:32 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE

Has your opinion changed after his recent other big time offers

HogHomer

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 26, 2018, 12:29:55 pm
Has you opinion changed after his recent other big time offers
I love it when people make statements like his then get proven to have no idea what they are talking about.

ballinhog

I don't care about the stars, I think Parker and Moody are big time linebackers. I'm very concerned about Bamas interest in Moody and now getting worried about losing Parker with the new offers he has. I think these 2 would be 2 of the best linebackers we've signed in a long time. I believe they will both be better than our much higher rated linebacker we signed, and I love Bumper Pool so that's not a knock on him. I just think Parker and Moody have been badly overlooked and will both be all SEC level guys

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HogHomer on January 26, 2018, 12:32:24 pm
I love it when people make statements like his then get proven to have no idea what they are talking about.

Where was he proven to have no idea what he was talking about?

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2018, 07:39:54 am

I believe they are referring to the part where he implied the reason Parker didn't have more offers was in part due to the school he attended didn't wash. Or where he implied he was a reach by our staff because he had no other P5 offers.

At the time understandable questions however now with 3 P5 offers 2 of them being top 15 Recruiting schools and the other a top 30 recruiter. Probably not valid assumptions.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 23, 2018, 06:50:39 pm
5' 11" is not too short to play LB... If the kid can smell where the rock is going He can be a beast...

Butu

OneTuskOverTheLine™

aTm offered 1/17
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Oklahawg

Not every player participates in camps. Not every player participates in 7-on-7 in the summer. Some players blow up their senior year while others are studs (and full grown) by their sophomore year. Some programs get more attention because of the number of prospects they produce.

This isn't that hard to make sense of. The same thing was said of Trey Flowers - why are we chasing a guy with only a Georgia Tech offer? We offer and suddenly others chase as well. Josh Jacobs of Tulsa McLain has no film but Bama notices him while scouting a DIFFERENT player on a DIFFERENT team. They poke around, find more film, and offer him. He is Bama-bound before the in-state schools even flinch. Mizzou and Arkansas chase late but once you get your chance at Bama you are set. OU and OSU couldn't flip him (or had the RB slot filled, I can't remember).

Late development happens. Under-the-radar talent happens, and not just at small programs. McLain sent two WR to TU a few years ago, but TU is 10 minutes from the McLain campus and had a former player coaching there at the time. Little things matter. A UA grad at Mincey's school would have sealed the deal for UA before anyone else got involved...then we changed coaches. Not a lot of credit given to CBB's staff for taking a tip and running with it. Not on HV, at least.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

lumphog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2018, 07:39:54 am
PROOF..... we don't need no stinkin proof!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 09:48:51 pm

And...

and...

LOL @ your eye for talent
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 27, 2018, 10:36:06 am
LOL @ your eye for talent
Considering how often you post absolute horse darn on here, you shouldn't be laughing at anyone.

Your best bet would be to completely change your name and posting style and hope we all forget all the times you brought "100% truth" to the board.
All Gas, No Brakes!

SooieGeneris

Hopefully now that Parker and Moody, who didn't qualify until Dec. which explains his lack of offers, are blowing up with other SEC offers (likely including 'Bama for Moody) we can hold onto them or at least get 2 of 3 between those 2 and Brule.

We a lot of posters who want to have things both ways. When an offer list has only schools like Georgetown, Houston Baptist and ECU on it, we are desperately throwing out offers to take a warm body and the kid can't possibly be any good.

Then schools like UT, A&M and 'Bama offer and it's "woe is us, we're just poor lil' ol' arkinsaw" we can't possibly keep such studs from the big boys, "he gone."
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!